F1 2010 assigning wing adjustment to button

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I like the menu system as it allows me to make 9 adjustments with 4 buttons. I use a G27 with the top left assigned to pit lane limiter and top right to a radio button (i.e. voice chat push to talk). This leaves the remaining 4 buttons for up-down-left-right. It just takes a little practice to remember the 3 push combo to change the setting (the first press can be anything just to call up the menu but i make it the same as the second button i want to push)

So:
up-up-up = fast engine map
right-right-up = wing up
right-right-down = wing down

of course when kers and drs come in for 2011 I'm screwed!

Ok, I might not know how to use the profiler, or it does not work.

First, when I got the wheel I remember I mapped 1 of the keys to TS3 for push to talk. After a very short while I remember it did not work anymore, nor, even now, I cannot re-map 1 of my keys to TS.
I am thinking maybe that has something to do with my profiler not working correctly? In F1 I'm using custom controls, and I have tried both 1-2-3-4 for the quick menu, and directional arrows on keyboard, but neither of them work. Also I have tried Grizzly settings, and those don't do anything either.

When you set-up a new command or keystroke, is it suppose to function like a G button? if I assign letter T to 1 of my buttons, would I be suppose to write T in a notepad by pressing my wheel button?

Make sure that your Logitech Profiler is looking at the 'F1_2010_game.exe' file, (set by going to Edit and then Properties), but you have to start the program with 'f1_2010.exe', otherwise it won't work (or at least not for me). In other words, you should not be able to start F1 2010 through the Logitech Profiler...

Got it working. It's really weird that it requires the full .exe path. I mean, it should just do the commands assigned to profile x, whatever name/game path it would be.

Assigning a button to TS is still dodgy at best. If I somehow do manage to get it working, it will stop working again after restart. The only way I made it to work was to select Brood War profile, but now even that won't work.

dont know if this would help but on the ps3 controller i have it set up to use your right thumb to change it. so you'd press x x o for wing up and x x square for wing down. i can usually do this pretty fast and dont need to take my finger off the 'wheel.' o o o is engine fast and o o square is cruise. o o x is std. fyi.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%