Assetto Nords vs Iracing

Lets keep this civil and practical....

So I have tried out IRacing's Nords now..

It is, in many spots "different" from the scanned Assetto version. So which is right then?

And why, if they are scanned, is there differences between the two in elevation and corner radius, etc?

It may just be graphical differences etc, as both versions are based on the exact same data. I haven't driven the iRacing version, but I personally think that the level of detail in the surroundings has always been greater in the iRacing tracks compared to Kunos.

Having said that, the track surface itself looks literally identical to Kunos version, which is what you'd expect given the data they're using. But as a sim racer it's really a win-win as whichever of the two sims you prefer, you can now race on the most accurately replicated version of the greatest track in the world :).

Both teams have done an utterly fantastic job :)

Last edited:
I really like how sharp/crisp iRacings textures look, generally. They have a very nice feel for lightness, contrast and dynamic lighting which pleases my eyes. AC has some way to go there. As for the changes of the tracks, 3D wise, I can not speak of it.

The changes are not very drastic.... But after hundreds of laps in assetto, jumping into the iracing version, im just a bit off. Som hills seem less dramatic, some turn-in points seem closer... Just a little bit different. It may also be a fov thing, ill have to revisit later tonight. I do like the texture on the track surface much more on the iracing version. Looks more natural?

Wow, I had no idea about the graffiti in iRacing. Interesting.

The one (small) thing that bothers me about the AC Nordschleife (and AC tracks in general) is the sun position and path of travel. @Stereo you're a pretty handy modder, any way this could possibly be changed? :)

The one (small) thing that bothers me about the AC Nordschleife (and AC tracks in general) is the sun position and path of travel. @Stereo you're a pretty handy modder, any way this could possibly be changed? :)

I suspect if it were possible it would have been done by now. It's long been a gripe. I'm guessing that there is only one universal path for the sun through the sky. You'd need each track to have its own custom setting.

They do have custom settings, it just doesn't correspond to the real world path of the sun. All you actually set iirc is the maximum height reached by the sun (eg. 60 degrees above horizon) and it follows some circle.

I adjusted my FOV in IRacing to match closer my FOV in assetto.... Ill say that many of the perceived "differences" have vanished.... They are pretty close to exactly the same, whith a few spot still seeming only slightly different. OOPS!

I really REALLY don't like that comparison video.
MY Nordschleife looks 500% better and realistic, thanks to customized filters.
In that video, it looks dull and gray.
I've seen some comments on youtube saying that iracing lighting was better...
Well that's only cos they always use the WORST filters in Assetto...
Most of these channels are very unfair to Assetto Corsa anyway.
I can't judge textures cos even in 1080p, that video is in pretty bad quality anyway.
Iracing does seem to have more props around the track and stuff, which is something I very often notice when I compare Assetto Corsa tracks with other games, to be fair.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back