Assetto Corsa: Zandvoort and Toyota GT86 snapshots

gt86.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have published some more information about the upcoming Bonus Pack for Assetto Corsa on social media.

The image above shows the long awaited Toyota GT86 which confirmation to the game we revealed back in September last year during our visit to the game's press event.

There's no release date or more accurate information available about the free expansion, but Marco Massarutto did shed some more light on the direction that the studio has taken for their racing title.

Kunos is taking a more feature-based approach to this Bonus Pack:

"Our priorities are focused on additional multiplayer functionalities, AI routines and wherever there is still room for improvement, but I guess you will appreciate that we don't want to neglect even details like this. So you can expect another big step forward coming with the Bonus Pack, since our efforts are not focused just on releasing contents"

He posted the above while attaching a snapshot from the work-in-progress Zandvoort circuit.

zand.jpg

Let us know in the comments which improvements you'd like for Assetto Corsa.

It would be a nice touch if Kunos eventually releases a vintage version of Zandvoort. I like the old track better than the new one and it would wonderful to have the older version available for some of the vintage cars.

I've been doing some career-races lately, just as a completionist-goal, and other than the alien-speed of the 1st (and sometimes 2nd) car, The A.I. isn't too bad imo - so hearing they want to keep improving it, is good news to me.

The GT86 will be a nice addition, but I'm still holding-out for a Ferrari FXX-K. They have the Ferrari license, so I can at least hope.

ive never driven zandvoort in any game before so im not sure how much ill enjoy it. regardless of that though kunos really do know how to push the correct buttons for their community. Hope the multiplayer parts are sorted out so that more people play and well stay with the game.

Please introduce an iracing style multiplayer, with servers run by Kunos. Players should be matched through some kind of rating system similar to iracing.
That would mean we should pay subscriptions to play online. An enjoyable multiplayer game doesn't always has to go the route of Iracing style, you just need better multiplayer systems and features to put people engaged in the Online activity. And also that doesn't mean the Single Player (offline) part of the game gets neglected.

Let's just wait and see.
We can be sure that Zandvoort will once again be an excellent addition as it's the case with all the tracks in AC, but for the important game features i don't expect that much to be honest.

zandvoort is a great track!

-please fix the starts! not being able to jump the start is silly!
-make the ai more even (only 2 cars out of 10 on pace? really???)
-make the ai brake more realistically (as it is now i can outbrake them into almost every corner by a long shot; they brake too early and then they release the brake 20m before the turn-in and coast and brake again=dumb)
-more tracks please! (i understand the process is time consuming, but more tracks is what the game needs, also in career mode)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%