Assetto Corsa Xbox 360 Controller Settings

is there a button on it that auto buys you a wheel? if so, that one.

Sorry, not informative in the slightest, i know :redface:

Though i do think ac is going to be pretty darn playable with some assists on, i'd not like to even attempt it with none.

if I get time this weekend I'll try to give a proper 360 gamepad setup. I used a 360 gamepad back in November and had a very good file for settings but I got a wheel in December and never looked back and there have been several updates for gamepads since that time so I don't know if my old settings need to be tweaked.

is there a button on it that auto buys you a wheel? if so, that one.
I have a G27 but still use a 360 controller sometimes for testing. Plus, some people don't have the money or space to buy a wheel. Why does this keep getting brought up every time anyone asks for controller settings? If they could buy a wheel, they'd have bought one. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the settings @Shaddix22.

I been using xbox controllers for 10 years but recently I bought a G27 and I hated it. After 2 weeks using it I sold it and bought myself a wireless Xbox controller and I am way faster with it than I ever was with a steering wheel.
My setup config is:
Steering Sensitivity=80%
Steering Speed=100
Gamma=2.4
Filter=0.82
Deadzone=0.23
It rocks and I won't ever use a wheel again.
Well done to kunos for giving us such wonderful tuning controls for an xbox 360 pad I can get any car sideways and balance it without any problems at all now thanks to their genius.

Oh and to James woods I play with no Assists on at all.

To me, its not about being faster with one controller over another, that's not the deciding factor. Its all about simulating driving a real car, the immersion a wheel/pedals/shifter provides. With that said, if you prefer a gamepad, more power to you, use what you enjoy.

Hi

I use an xbox 360 controller, which is working great. However, I often lock up the tyres braking as it is very difficult to know when this is going to happen. Is there a way of using the *very basic* feedback on the controller to rumble when brakes are beginning to lock up?

If not, can anyone suggest a better way (other than more practice)?

Thanks

I'm not an expert, but I guess it would just come down to practice. I also use a G27 and XBox controller, and it appears 'somewhat' (relatively) similar, except for the fact that I use the GTeye w/c removes the linearity problem that we have to live with when using the controller. I'd like to get ideas as well.

To me, its not about being faster with one controller over another, that's not the deciding factor. Its all about simulating driving a real car, the immersion a wheel/pedals/shifter provides. With that said, if you prefer a gamepad, more power to you, use what you enjoy.

I'd say to most it's £20 v £200.
As has already been mentioned, if most people who play sims could, they would buy a wheel.
I know that if my G25 went to peripheral heaven today it would be a long time before i could get another equivalent wheel.
I don't think i'd want to use a controller if i didn't have a wheel saying that. Last time i used one was Forza/GT on the consoles and the reason is they feel wrong with a wheel compared to PC games. :O_o:

Hi

I use an xbox 360 controller, which is working great. However, I often lock up the tyres braking as it is very difficult to know when this is going to happen. Is there a way of using the *very basic* feedback on the controller to rumble when brakes are beginning to lock up?

If not, can anyone suggest a better way (other than more practice)?

Thanks

Terrific, my request is now buried in here.....what's the point

Terrific, my request is now buried in here.....what's the point
I don't know how the rumbling works on the controller, but with the G27 the wheel starts to rumble just before locking up so I can release the brakes a bit more in time. Also pay attention to sound of locking up wheel, however you will be late with that approach

What makes me laugh is xbox controller users buried here, where as Kunos company knows full well that if they don't crack the casual gamepad market, the product is f*cked. Yet, moderators here still dump the posts in this cesspit. The steering wheel brigade will not make a success of this sim, that is a financial fact. Ask the lads as iRacing how business is.

The nerds will be the death of Assetto Corsa.

What makes me laugh is xbox controller users buried here, where as Kunos company knows full well that if they don't crack the casual gamepad market, the product is f*cked. Yet, moderators here still dump the posts in this cesspit. The steering wheel brigade will not make a success of this sim, that is a financial fact. Ask the lads as iRacing how business is.

The nerds will be the death of Assetto Corsa.
I seriously can't see what point you are trying to make here, I am answering you how it should be recognized and then this non-sense answer comes.

hi guys,
I just wanted to share my setup cause i think the xbox setups are useless.
with this setup its like playing on a xbox or ps and much easier.
its great for race AND drift.
instead of using the xbox menu i use wheel/custom

here is a download link for this setup:

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZJNWTCiJ!hECA-JQh2zViRu8hcVO8IYJZHVCjfdJfJ0vsm09iTBg

save .ini in

documents/assetto corsa/cfg/contollers/savedsetups

for manual setting:

-wheel/custom main

set stearing: use left STICK and set to 40

setup throttle RT. u got more control now

setup brake LT

setup gear up and down ( B & X )

-advanced:

gamma 2.00

filter 0.90

speed seni 0.04

pedal settings: 2.40

trust me, its the best setup u can have with a controller.

feel free to share,

enjoy

edit: speed seni 0.04 for better conering. new link!
unfortunately we have no rumble effects but im looking for a solution

Last edited:
Tried it (per recommendation in the AC forum), so I could set up DRS. Used it with xpadder to assign keys to other functions. Thing is there's no rumble. But yes, it works fine, and addresses limitations with the controller on its own.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.6%