Assetto Corsa with mini Lags

Hey guys,
my Assetto Corsa is randomly freezing for 0.1sec after 10-20 minutes playing without any lags.
I play Assetto in High Quality with:
i7 5820K
GTX980 STRIX OC
8 GB DDR4 2400MHz
and it is on a SSD.
Can somebody help me?

Try this:
Open the graphics.ini and change MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY from 0 to 1

[DX11]
MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1
MIP_LOD_BIAS=0 ; GO NEGATIVE (ie. -1) TO SHARP THE IMAGE
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_0=0.000002
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_1=0.000015
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_2=0.0003
ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_DX10=0 ; UNSUPPORTED USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
SKYBOX_REFLECTION_GAIN=3.0

graphics.ini location is (by default instalation of Steam ):

C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg/graphics.ini

Use software like MSI Afterburner to monitor your PC and see what's causing it, might be multiple reasons.

1) Low gpu usage when stutter happens (monitor gpu usage on msi afterburner while ingame while stutter happens)
2) Bad drivers installation (try to use Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode to uninstall the drivers and re-install the latest ones).
3) Software like anti-virus running in the background
4) Other software causing heavy disk usage in the background.
5) Not properly optimized SSD (make sure you run on correct SATA port - 6gb/s on your motherboard) and also AHCI is enabled in bios as well as TRIM support on the SSD.

Try these and report back.

I had mini lags, where the image would freeze, but the game would continue to run in the background, often with me in the barriers once the screen caught up. With windows performance monitor I notice HD spikes. I managed to identify certain apps that were causing the problem, but they were the symptom. In the end I found problems some sectors on the hard disk. When that was replaced, all lag gone, regardless of mods or apps installed.

Try this:
Open the graphics.ini and change MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY from 0 to 1

[DX11]
MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1
MIP_LOD_BIAS=0 ; GO NEGATIVE (ie. -1) TO SHARP THE IMAGE
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_0=0.000002
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_1=0.000015
SHADOW_MAP_BIAS_2=0.0003
ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_DX10=0 ; UNSUPPORTED USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
SKYBOX_REFLECTION_GAIN=3.0

graphics.ini location is (by default instalation of Steam ):

C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg/graphics.ini

This worked well for me, still does, when I had this problem.
Plus capping FPS in AC worked very well too
Plus using hardware monitor to check GPU and CPU temperatures.
and limiting the amount of apps I was using but you have already covered this.

I had mini lags, where the image would freeze, but the game would continue to run in the background, often with me in the barriers once the screen caught up. With windows performance monitor I notice HD spikes. I managed to identify certain apps that were causing the problem, but they were the symptom. In the end I found problems some sectors on the hard disk. When that was replaced, all lag gone, regardless of mods or apps installed.
Guys although the problem for these lag spikes could differ, I feel like Tardy here is on the right track. I too was having terrible lag in an online race today. The lag got so bad and I was dropping positions so fast that I just pulled up task manager to see what problems I was having. After ensuring all aspects of my PC weren't bottlenecking me, I too saw my disk usage really night.

After looking into the resource monitor, the main thing I saw taking a whole bunch of disk space, is MsMpEng.exe. For those who don't know this is a core part of Windows Defender security scans and I can almost certainty say this was working up my disk and causing my game to stutter. I've had the same type of lag in the past with other games and past computers all due to disk usage being too high. I hope the thread can be continued and this helps.

• Deleted member 379375

Would the game be reading and writing to the hardrive during game play unless you don't have enough ram to run it and windows without it using virtual memory?

I can see a SSD helping with load times but if you have enough ram I can't see how it helps during game play. The only exception I can think of would be if replays are being written to the hard drive during actual driving .

In my case it was bad sectors on the disk that caused the lag. Replacing the HD solved it. However, during this process I noticed some apps access the disk during gameplay, such as the SRS skins app and SetupMarket. I am sure these apps are not the problem, they just highlighted the problem.

• Deleted member 379375

In my case it was bad sectors on the disk that caused the lag. Replacing the HD solved it. However, during this process I noticed some apps access the disk during gameplay, such as the SRS skins app and SetupMarket. I am sure these apps are not the problem, they just highlighted the problem.

Yeah that makes sense

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing