"Assetto Corsa" windscreen banner pack

Misc "Assetto Corsa" windscreen banner pack 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Bernd Graf submitted a new resource:

Assetto Corsa windscreen banner pack - Assetto Corsa: Your Racing Simulator

A special windscreen pack for GT racing cars! Provided are 4 screen types:

Assetto Corsa: Your Racing Simulator
Assetto Corsa: The Real Driving Simulator

in white and black versions for customizing your car skin! The base templates are from the Mercedes SLS GT3, hence the Glass_D and INT_Windscreen_TEXT files. But with a little trimming and adjustment, these png windscreens will work in any GT car that Kunos has provided with window files! Mod away! Let's dethrone Gran Turismo and their...

Read more about this resource...

Hi, any chance helping us DISABLING the windscreen but having the banners => reflections and dirt are very annoying when driving in 3D(stereoscopic) from cockpit. Disabling the windscreen along with banners could also be an option.
Please help.
Thank you,
LaurentB

Hi, any chance helping us DISABLING the windscreen but having the banners => reflections and dirt are very annoying when driving in 3D(stereoscopic) from cockpit. Disabling the windscreen along with banners could also be an option.
Please help.
Thank you,
LaurentB
Hello Laurent,
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "disabling." Because windscreen banners are realistic, why would you want anything else? :p Reflections and dirt on the car, how is that annoying...RL again, driving in the car you can't see the dirt on the outside lol. Again, not sure I understand what you're asking, kind of unclear.

You are aware this mod is a resource to modders Laurent...this isn't a thread for "who else wants no windscreen banner?" haha, this is a resource for those who want to add realism to their cars with official AC logos for the GT windscreen ;)

Bernd

Bernd,

Your readme mentions that these are usable in other GT cars, and instructs us to "rename accordingly." What are the filenames for the glass and INT files for those cars?

Thanks!
Hallo!

Yes, the windscreen file names for the various GT cars are as follows:

BMW GT2 - black
Nissan GT3 - GLASS_Banner
McLaren GT3 - Glass_Windows_D

etc. If you are wondering as to a particular file name, check out some of the other mod skins that have windscreen files. I don't have them all, but I know they've been made, rename my file to those names accordingly :). A Z4 template is floating around somewhere on AC's forum site..don't know the name, but check it out :)

The above names only reflect the external image of the windscreen...if you want internal views as well, you have to also create an internal file. The only name I know right now is the SLS file which is included in the pack, but other cars have other interior windscreen file names, so download some skins and check before you alter the files for the Kunos banner :)

Also: renaming the file is not enough sometimes! For the BMW GT2, the black.dds file is square, NOT rectangular, so you will have to first create a file with the proper dimensions, then float the AC windscreen image on top and then rename and export.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for this.

Any chanche it could work with a Ferrari 458 GT2?
Hi,

I haven't checked that car right now because I haven't skinned for it in a long while, check the other skins for it, if they have windscreen files, then this will probably work with a little editing, file renaming to the 458's screen name, etc.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 201 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.4%