Assetto Corsa - Windows Error Reporting messages in event log, and slower performance

Ever since a week or so ago, I've started getting "Windows Error Reporting" messages (normally three) each time I exit Assetto Corsa back to content manager. I've just re-installed AC, CM, CSP & Sol from scratch, with no mod cars/tracks, and it's still happening.

All subsequent runs of after this have a noticeably lower framerate, until a re-boot.

The errors in Event log are like this:

----------------

Fault bucket 2008159358615602296, type 5
Event Name: FaultTolerantHeap
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: acs.exe
P2: 0.0.0.0
P3: 5A55E7A8
P4: 256
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERBCC2.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_acs.exe_1b8b2288b1b73d71bcd215bbe4d8e4374a9c769_00000000_552ec4e4-7aa6-4ee6-a564-0e47421b360d

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 552ec4e4-7aa6-4ee6-a564-0e47421b360d
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: f891ea1ac27355aecbde6a4c06a8c478
Cab Guid: 0

----------------

Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?

(Running on Win 10 1909 18363.778. with NVIDIA 445.87 Drivers. These are new - but the problem pre-dated them, and did not co-incide with the NVIDIA update before then.)

FaultTolerantHeap is a debug feature in Windows when applications crash too often, making the program run slower.
Maybe your Windows install think that ACS.exe is crashing.
Google "Windows 10 Fault Tolerant Heap" and find article about others struggling with this and how to disable the FaultTolerantHeap feature.
Basically the "fix" may be to adjust a registry value: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FTH\Enabled" and set value to 0.
Fyi, i have not experienced or tested this myself.

Thanks. That's really helpful. I had googled the error message, but always in conjunction with Assetto Corsa, or ACS.EXE, and had never seen the generic pages that you put me on to.

I've made a change suggested by one of the pages I found, and we will see how it goes...

Instead of fully deactivating "Fault Tolerant Heap", you can add acs.exe in exclusion list.

I'm going through this right now. CM offered to edit the FTH in registry because of performance. First time I denied it, CM made me a file of the changes it wanted to make thenn this morning I allowed it and now I'm crashing the same way. I guess I'll revert and see if it helps sort it out. I'm new to CM and CSP but not to AC. CM ran fine until I started to add mods and skins are going into wrong folders sometimes.I just tried to view the file but it just applied the changes to FixFTH.reg again. Thought I could view it with regedit but guessed wrong. Thanks for this info, I'm gonna have another go at it.

I've started getting this issue also, and would like to try adding ACCM to the exclusion list, but I have win10 and not win7. Are the instructions the same?
Yes it's the same.
BTW this video about adding assetto corsa in exclusion list is made on Win10.

FaultTolerantHeap is a debug feature in Windows when applications crash too often, making the program run slower.
Maybe your Windows install think that ACS.exe is crashing.
Google "Windows 10 Fault Tolerant Heap" and find article about others struggling with this and how to disable the FaultTolerantHeap feature.
Basically the "fix" may be to adjust a registry value: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FTH\Enabled" and set value to 0.
Fyi, i have not experienced or tested this myself.
BUMP"
AWESOME!!!
This fixed the issue for me too. Read many threads about reinstalling, delete, remove, go to stock. It was the windows error reporting. Changing the reg key, reboot problem fixed.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.7%