Assetto Corsa Wiki?

I've started using the content manager, which is pretty cool, but there's no doubt that some kind of Wiki page or guide would be useful to help navigate it. There's so much, and a lot of it is in very confusing menus with tons of options - it takes me a good while to find a lot of it!

I wanted to use it to help download mods but gave up because I couldn't understand what was required, plus I have had to uninstall the custom shaders patch again due to adverse effects which are probably all down to setup. A lot of younger users will probably find this easy to use as it will be more intuitive to them, but us older guys (I'm mid 50's) struggle to keep up.

Is there any intention to produce a guide to help with setting it up?

Cheers

Les

For Custom Shaders Patch settings .... @Peter Boese Sol Install Guide already has many tips and pictures of the best possible CSP settings.
Did you read it yet ? ( as I already know that many don't even read it carefully :D )

For other Content Manager tips and use ... there's no pure Wiki ( as it exists for ACC ) but with a good Google search, you should be able to find bits here and there.

Surely more can be found in Custom Shaders Patch Discord ... but good luck to find tricks there, Discord is not really the King of organization at this point of view. :(

Custom Shaders Patch Discord
This is the link btw:
You should be able to find all you need regarding Content Manager and Custom Shaders Patch, there are sections for FAQs and even a tutorial video section. The search function is your friend, and everything you don't already fins there, it's the best place to ask question.

This is the Discord for SOL, if you use it, same story as above:

Guys, I am having lots of problems with the Content Manager

Despite activating the addon for .zip files, the 'drag and drop' function for mods doesn't work, the 'install' feature in the menu doesn't install anything even when you point it directly at the zip file or extracted file s or folder, the tool where you can get quicks access to certain features (eg 'exposure') doesn't do anything as if you click on it, it stays at 100% no matter what, if I install the custom shaders patch alone, the tracks are super over exposed, and also it screws up the tachometer function in some cars, and when I installed the Sol mod all it did was turn the sky black and all the backgrounds white.

The download mods part actually seems to increase the number steps and complexity, it's simpler to do it manually

As for the Discord thing, I have signed up and there is apparently no channel about the content manager, despite clicking on the links above.

I don't know if it is a corrupted install, or if AC has to be in a certain place for it to work, but right now it is causing more pain than anything else.

I have read the how to stuff (confusingly called 'spoilers' - when is an instruction on how to do something a spoiler?) to no avail. It's clear that it works well for others, so I think it's worth persevering, but right now I am disabling it and the shaders patch just so I can actually use the game.

Help!

Les

on Sol discord there is no ContentManager channel, they would help you anyway, but in CSP discord there is: https://discord.gg/nM4Xkrt
1611047053980.png

First part of a series of videos from a humble guy:

I've started using the content manager, which is pretty cool, but there's no doubt that some kind of Wiki page or guide would be useful to help navigate it. There's so much, and a lot of it is in very confusing menus with tons of options - it takes me a good while to find a lot of it!

I wanted to use it to help download mods but gave up because I couldn't understand what was required, plus I have had to uninstall the custom shaders patch again due to adverse effects which are probably all down to setup. A lot of younger users will probably find this easy to use as it will be more intuitive to them, but us older guys (I'm mid 50's) struggle to keep up.

Is there any intention to produce a guide to help with setting it up?

Cheers

Les
I agree with the wikipedia, a fandom, cm is full of subtle things that are not explained in great detail, I have literally spent weeks testing and testing things to see what they do and how they work, I am still full of doubts, a wiki is a good idea

I can't for the life of me get any cars, tracks or career mode mods to download and install to CM . I understand the whole drag an drop and also moving the files over manually it's just doesn't work for me? It says on the drop down in CM that there is nothing to download . Please someone help !

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.5%