Assetto Corsa Wet Mod by A.Fracasso

Misc Assetto Corsa Wet Mod by A.Fracasso 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Albs updated Assetto Corsa Wet Mod by A.Fracasso with a new update entry:

Night and Daylight edition

Probably the last major update to this wet mod (reaching the 500 MB filesize limit) featuring:

- New settings, native compatibility with Shaders Patch & Dynamic Lights, enhanced realism in night and daylight conditions
- Double layered new wet tarmac texture, with differenced reflections for a deeper and more detailed wet ashpalt. This is as far as I can go for now with the current AC engine.
- Shadows fix
- Mugello Track,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It alters some files in light shaders
1af71dcade8495b4902b9dce2712ea61.png

https://gyazo.com/1af71dcade8495b4902b9dce2712ea61

I´ve just installed it from scratch (assetto corsa etc..)
I´ve first installed the gbw 3.3 & , gbw suite 2.5 and the shaders Ligh Pack
Everything is packed in the MOD folder.
When i want to install the wet mod 2.0 i have this message :

Wet Mod Crash.PNG

If i click on "yes", after the insll the shaders Lights Pack appears in grey color on the right side

Wet Mod Crash02.PNG

Also i see in the lastest version video that there is no "water spray" behind the cars (sorry for my poor vocabulary ;) .
But after testing i still have some.

917_K_06.jpg

What did i missed?

Last edited:
You didn't miss a thing.
It's all perfectly nominal. Wet Mod uses standard re-made weathers and so the exe tells you that you're going to put these instead of the ones installed by GnB weather mod. Same goes for the ks_nordschleife.ini as stated in this Mod description.
For the spray, you've got it wrong. It's not viewing in the last vid because at night It could be difficult to notice it. But it's still there, and so you do still have it.

@Albs,
I must admit I was a bit puzzled about wetmod replacing the default(gbw's at the moment) weathers. I there any reason we cant just rename your 1-7 weathers as Wetmod weathers? Also as far as I know they arent even going to be used if you drive at night, as gbw weathers will be used instead?

Cheers,
Divxmaster

@divxmaster The defaults weather replacements are for the same reason the ones by GnBW were made: improve graphics, even in multiplayer. Personally I think my "Heavy Clouds" is a very good complement to the Wet Tarmac. Still, you're really free to erase or rename them and use GnBW Mod instead: it's just really a matter of tastes. For night driving I personally suggest "Moony" or "DarkIsTheNight" from Assettobynight. I don't really like the ppfilters in GnBW mod: eat a lot of fps at night and are way too bloomy. I personally really appreciate all of the other ones.

@Phil Dufour My spray is more subltle than the one you might be getting with GnB Weather Mod, so if you pause the screen to get a shot there's a chance you won't be able to see it well at night. Maybe I'll change it in the near future.

Nice, I didn't know that was possible. I tried adjusting spray by reducing the dirt layer in surfaces.ini but with no joy. It would be better if it did work off DIRT_ADDITIVE= as it could vary then surface to surface rather than just constant amount. Who knows, maybe one day with some shaders patch magic!

If you change the dirt value you break the multiplayer compatibility of the mod. I strongly advise to leave surface.ini as it is. This is the only way to have the water particles online

If you change the dirt value you break the multiplayer compatibility of the mod. I strongly advise to leave surface.ini as it is. This is the only way to have the water particles online
And is essential for the handling and ffb

I'm editing Goodwood wet to get spray not one of yours, thanks for the warning though. I have the original backed up as well so should be fine. I tried different levels of DIRT_ADDITIVE= for different surfaces, Goodwood has visible/physical puddles so I had those up at 1.0, rubbered areas around 0.6 and tarmac at 0.3 to see if I got some spray variation but it seems to work like on/off right? I'd love variation in future if it is possible. If more track makers create wet versions they could add higher spray for puddles or wetter areas.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%