Code:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS=        ; concrete, curb
SOAKING_MATERIALS=        ; road
SMOOTH_MATERIALS=        ; objects, logos, vehicles
ROUGH_MATERIALS=        ; grass, gravel, sand
LINES_MATERIALS=        ; track white line
RELIEF_MATERIALS='{ dynamic:no & !Bx? }'
It would be better to use the configs in /extension/config/tracks/loaded. The rain config in the track folder (ext_config) blocks all other configs. CSP has a very nice config distribution system, but it is totally knocked out by those direct configs.

If a track modder who knows what he/she is doing, it is ok. But mostly those rain configs are very simple and do not use its full potencial. Also most people does not update from time to time and so there are many outdated configs which will block the advanced ones.

So its nice, that people doing such configs, but you have to download every single config bit for bit. Thats not what the idea behind csp configs is. The idea was to have a main server where all these configs are collected and distributed. If you start AC with a certain track, the newest version of the config is loaded automatically.

Maybe its time to add an option to override those ext_configs...

• Deleted member 223075

@Peter Boese I don't have "loaded" folder. All of my config files are direcctly loaded from extension/config/tracks/.

Actually i made all my own configs (using existing from github and add rainFX) and all works fine. You can also include seasons to have autumn, winter etc...

A one i made for Snetterton and looks very good
uign.jpg

o728.jpg

@Peter Boese I don't have "loaded" folder. All of my config files are direcctly loaded from extension/config/tracks/.

Actually i made all my own configs (using existing from github and add rainFX) and all works fine. You can also include seasons to have autumn, winter etc...

A one i made for Snetterton and looks very good
uign.jpg

o728.jpg
Thats not the point. The only reason for "ext_config", which is the placement of configs, directly in the car's or the track's folder, is to be used by the content creators themself. So a track creator can savely add CSP features and third persons are not able to downgrade the quality with their own editing. But the current progress here on RD is, some people making track or car configs and release it as "ext_config".
The avarage user is installing it and now it blocks the auto-update content. This will lead to a big mess in the future. So the config making process was never meant as "i can do my own stuff". It was created as a possible way to create many configs with high quality and distribute it from a central point. So all users benefit from the work of the creators, because of the auto-update.

Last edited:
This is absolutely AMAZING!

I've just got an issue. No rain drops, no wet surface, no spray etc. Just AMAZING dark clouds and lightning sounds.

Please, could somebody help?

Thank you in advance.

oh man. this mod broke my entire game and i dont know how to fix it back how it was. First it made no original tacks work. Then once i fixed that and disabled the mod it seems to have messed with the graphics or lights. Now the game has like a veil of bland color. not in the menus, just the graphics in the game.

oh man. this mod broke my entire game and i dont know how to fix it back how it was. First it made no original tacks work. Then once i fixed that and disabled the mod it seems to have messed with the graphics or lights. Now the game has like a veil of bland color. not in the menus, just the graphics in the game.
Have you tried doing a integrity check with stream

i have weird issue. I install this mod with the toturial, but if i change the weather to rain, i cant see water and reflections on the ground, but i can see reflections in the mirrors. What i can do in this situation? Im using sol 2.4 and previev version csp 1 .8

i have weird issue. I install this mod with the toturial, but if i change the weather to rain, i cant see water and reflections on the ground, but i can see reflections in the mirrors. What i can do in this situation? Im using sol 2.4 and previev version csp 1 .8
I dont think this mod is needed any more with the most recent sol and csp preview verisions

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%