Assetto Corsa Weekend deal 33% OFF

This
Its not Kunos that sets this price but Steam

Is steam really working that way? I'm pretty sure they can propose putting game on discount but developer still need to agree. And devs usually agree because that way they can reach impulse buyers and massively boost sales (developer of smaller indie game explained in this article how after putting game on sale his revenue skyrocketed http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Davi...much_do_indie_PC_devs_make_anyways_Part_V.php ).

And after speaking to Aris i dont think they have much choice either.

Also this sentence can be understood in so many ways... Does it mean that if you refuse steam once your game will never be put on discount? Or Kunos team needed to quickly get more funds so they didn't have much choice?

Feeling totally ripped off.
After the first sales pitch form Kunos on how we would get a discount if we bought in to this early.. :thumbsdown:
But great for any first time buyer:thumbsup:

When I read a comment like that it makes me feel sad. There is not much you can do about the way you feel, beside maybe asking yourself where is this dissatisfaction coming from.
I feel totally blessed that I acquire AC at the price I did when it has been launch, I am grateful to Kunos for it, for the initial version and all the wonderful updates that have been generously released since that time. I feel happy for all the new gamers that will take advantage of this offer, it will not give them the few month I already had enjoying this fantastic SIM, but it allows more player into my favorite SIM and that can only be a good thing for all of us.
Great news indeed, the more the merrier!

Technically I feel ripped off as well :) I don't mind the amount of money but the thought behind it puts me off.

If you promise your early adopters a cheaper version of the game it can't be happening that two weeks after release second adaptors buy it for less.

I know that Steam has a influence in the marketing strategy of course but still technically speaking its not correct how this release went.

Its more the case of broken promises than the amount of money as its still cheap for a hobby.

Is steam really working that way? I'm pretty sure they can propose putting game on discount but developer still need to agree.
Steam run sales constantly, I'd guess that's where they make a lot of their money because I'll only buy steam games on sale. Their standard pricing is too high but they're sales are usually too good to pass up. It's their business model and I'd guess Kunos had to agree to it before signing up.

It can be gut wrenching when you just miss a sale. I had wanted to get Euro truck simulator for a long time, I waited and waited but eventually gave in and bought it full price. Of course the next week it was on sale on steam for half the price.

They can make it up to us with the Nordschleife DLC.. ;)

I think sales are a fact of life in today's business place, people expect it and some wait for it to happen. If we are going to operate more by principle, then we had better rethink our government, society, social practices, child-rearing, etc. I'm not saying that isn't warranted in many ways but, it may not be fair to put that responsibility on game companies/developers when we let our countries leadership get away with far worse acts everyday.

I think Kunos will do what they need to in order to make AC a success and in the end, that benefits those of us who appreciate Racing Sims. It's so easy to be critical of those who are the doers and the team over at Kunos seem to be doers. No one put a gun to your head and forced you to buy anything. Accept the choices you have made and move on - life is short and there are many, many more laps that need to be made. :)

• Deleted member 151827

One thing i have learned in my short time as a sim racer! Sim racers are very opinionated people! lol

• Deleted member 151827

I think sales are a fact of life in today's business place, people expect it and some wait for it to happen. If we are going to operate more by principle, then we had better rethink our government, society, social practices, child-rearing, etc. I'm not saying that isn't warranted in many ways but, it may not be fair to put that responsibility on game companies/developers when we let our countries leadership get away with far worse acts everyday.

I think Kunos will do what they need to in order to make AC a success and in the end, that benefits those of us who appreciate Racing Sims. It's so easy to be critical of those who are the doers and the team over at Kunos seem to be doers. No one put a gun to your head and forced you to buy anything. Accept the choices you have made and move on - life is short and there are many, many more laps that need to be made. :)
People can voice there opinions as you have here! No one that i see here said anyone put a gun to their heads! Jeshhhhhhh

Look... Steam is a store. A shop. Like Tesco or Toys R Us.
Once they have the game or box of cereal or toy in their store they are free to discount it as and how they wish.

I don't care if they have knocked 33% off. The week after i paid 29.99 they dropped it on sale. I tutted to myself a bit but i don't mind paying for a quality product. I buy 70% of my Steam games on the sales, so i save on other games where the devs are making a lot more money. Less guilt then, see? :laugh:

Sometimes as a consumer i feel shafted (£1.79 for Sniper Ghost Warrior is a disgrace... they should be paying me to play that crap!) but in the case of AC no, never.

Technically I feel ripped off as well :) I don't mind the amount of money but the thought behind it puts me off.

If you promise your early adopters a cheaper version of the game it can't be happening that two weeks after release second adaptors buy it for less.

I know that Steam has a influence in the marketing strategy of course but still technically speaking its not correct how this release went.

Its more the case of broken promises than the amount of money as its still cheap for a hobby.
I see where your coming from but it may be as @Simon Roberts said. It's out of their control. That may be the reason we keep getting so much extra dlc content for free like the C7.

Technically, Kunos offered the full game at a reduced price if you bought the Early Adopter version, they did not promise that the Early Adopter version of the full game would never been offered for less.
If, the full game version is offered for less than we paid the Early access, then Technically the promise will be broken.
Even if this would be happening, I would still feel fortunate to have been able to experience the Early Adopter version when I did for the price I paid.:)

Honestly people shouldn't feel ripped off. All that can come from these sales are good things. It gets Kunos more income and exposure, which will help us get better licences and more content. This team is so small that the traditional reactions to these sales, I think are unwarranted. The extra exposure and sales from people on the fence, gets them more capital to stay afloat.

+1

Technically, Kunos offered the full game at a reduced price if you bought the Early Adopter version, they did not promise that the Early Adopter version of the full game would never been offered for less.
If, the full game version is offered for less than we paid the Early access, then Technically the promise will be broken.
Even if this would be happening, I would still feel fortunate to have been able to experience the Early Adopter version when I did for the price I paid.:)

Pretty much this!^

With all do respect guys, I cannot understand why would you feel ripped off? We all got the game at a discount (lower than retail price). This that someone else will buy it cheaper, doesn't devalue the product, now does it? Looking at the Steam store, AC is 7th best selling game right now so this is only good news for the game's exposure, Kunos and ultimately us as this will ensure more quality content comes our way.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.0%