Assetto Corsa Weather Plans and RainFX config files for various tracks

Misc Assetto Corsa Weather Plans and RainFX config files for various tracks 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Good Afternoon Cozy61

These are great love them, thank you so much

Being a complete computer noob i've no idea how to make the EXT INI stuff so i'm stuffed for the three tracks listed below :-

Oesterreichring1979 circuit RainFX
Spielberg 1974 & 77 circuit RainFX by Zwiss

Can you help please

Regards

Mark
Hi Mark, This is on the overview page which will help

How to create an extension folder and ext_config.ini file for each track
In case you ever move your tracks or just want to keep the files in one place

If you want to move/copy the track config from the loaded tracks folder you can;
  1. Create an extension folder (all lowercase) in the track folder
  2. Place or create an ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
  3. To create a save as *.ini file you need to switch the files from *.txt to *.* all files
  4. Copy the rain FX text for your track and paste at the end of the existing or newly created ext_config.ini
  5. Sometimes there will be other KN5 files that need to be in the extension folder for track lights etc.
  6. Copy these from the yourPC:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded folder and paste in the tracks extesion folder
  7. To stop AC from getting confused. Add the following to the beginning of the ext_config.ini file for each track;

[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

1. Create extension folder.png 2. and 7. Create ext_config.ini.png 3. save as ini file.png 4. and 5. Paste RainFx text to ext_config.ini.png

Hi Cosy.
I now we spoke about the 1985 rain fx for Le Mans and you are going to do this. Could i use the same for the 1991 version. Many thanks. Also do you know anybody that can do the track building lights, track lights ect for Le Mans 1985. Keep up the great work.

Cozy61 updated Assetto Corsa Weather Plans and RainFX config files for various tracks with a new update entry:

RainFx for charade_spc2018 by MadBrain

The final one for today - charade_spc2018 by MadBrain

I couldn't find a rainfx config so made a basic one for myself - Thought I'd share just in case I've missed a better one somewhere.

Follow instructions in the original download overview page
Add to the existing ext_config files into an extension folder...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Cosy.
I now we spoke about the 1985 rain fx for Le Mans and you are going to do this. Could i use the same for the 1991 version. Many thanks. Also do you know anybody that can do the track building lights, track lights ect for Le Mans 1985. Keep up the great work.
Hi Mark - Not sure if it was me - Where is the download for this 1985 version of Le Mans? If I have it I can put a basic one together.
As for the rest, I would ask on GTPlanet as there are far more experts at that side of track building than me :thumbsdown:

Le Mans 1985 on Legions site.
here you go very basic

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?ROAD?, ?RD?, RMBL4
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?ROAD?, ?RD?, RMBL4
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = ?LOGO?, ?BLDWALL?, RMBL4, VT_RDTRANS, GRDRA
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?GRASS?, GRXSA
LINES_MATERIALS =
STREAM_EDGE_... = -1801.27, 25.99, 1330.41,-1779.67, 26, 1330.49

Fantastic. Many thanks.
updated to stop white spots at side of track

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ?ROAD?, ?RD?, RMBL4
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ?ROAD?, ?RD?, RMBL4
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = ?LOGO?, ?BLDWALL?, RMBL4, GRDRA, ?BUILD?
ROUGH_MATERIALS = ?GRASS?, GRXSA, VT_BRNCH, ?TREE?
LINES_MATERIALS =
STREAM_EDGE_... = -1801.27, 25.99, 1330.41,-1779.67, 26, 1330.49

Thanks just going to try it now.
Whilst I wait for the NFL match

Here's what it looks like
Screenshot_ac_legends_ferrari_330p4_le_mans_85_17-0-121-19-25-0.jpg

TealOrange-45.jpg

Rain fx great. Just been trying your weather plan ( test one). I guess at this stage the rain is not controlled by the weather plan yet. I turned Rain on but stays raining. Is that correct. Many thanks.

Rain fx great. Just been trying your weather plan ( test one). I guess at this stage the rain is not controlled by the weather plan yet. I turned Rain on but stays raining. Is that correct. Many thanks.
Go to weather plan and try the short random version first if that s doesn't do it make your own plan and save. Also, make sure ' use seasonal adjustments' is turned off under settings CSP weatherfx
Screenshot (501) (Medium).png

Last edited:
Cozy61 updated Assetto Corsa Weather Plans and RainFX config files for various tracks with a new update entry:

1972 -1985 Le Mans by Legion RainFX

This was a request for a basic 1972 -1985 Le Mans by Legion RainFX

Not sure if there is one out there already but this is once again very basic and can be improved upon I'm sure. Especially in the streaming edge/point zones

Anyway, I hope it's of use

Now on to watch the Chiefs and the Browns
TealOrange-0-2.jpg

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
DATE_RELEASE = 17th...

RainFX for deutschlandring by Fat-Alfie

Circuit:

View attachment 437858

Basic RainFX config for deutschlandring circuit by (Fat-Alfie)

Not sure if there is one out there already but this is once again very basic and can be improved upon I'm sure. Especially in the streaming edge/point zones

Follow instructions in the original download overview page

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR =...

Basic RainFX config for Rio de Janeiro circuit by (Esprit3905)

Basic RainFX config for Rio de Janeiro circuit by (Esprit3905)

View attachment 438326
Not sure if there is one out there already but this is once again very basic and can be improved upon I'm sure. Especially in additional streaming edge/point zones

Didn't go overboard with the streaming edges, especially as I miss them when I whizz past!

Please Note
There is an existing config file in the...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years