Assetto Corsa VR settings tutorial

Made this sort of in depth tutorial on VR settings for AC. (Disclaimer - I do not care about the number of subscribers and/or views on my YouTube channel, so don't believe this to be advertisement of any sort for the channel.)

Hoping this video will help those in need.

Fantastic, this is just what I need. Got VR a few days ago and just don’t seem blown away with the image quality. Obviously it’s not going to be perfect.

Fantastic, this is just what I need. Got VR a few days ago and just don’t seem blown away with the image quality. Obviously it’s not going to be perfect.

Glad you liked the video! I don't think the video quality of VR will blow you away in it's current state. The immersion is what should blow you away.

Very good video although I am on Vive. I will try post processing with your settings once again as it has given me huge performance hits every time before, that being because I prefer Supersampling over PP and with Vive and 1080ti I can go much higher than 1.5, that is the trade off right there. The real mirrors are a big step forward, I totally agree and I am glad to have discovered them a few weeks ago.

Very good video although I am on Vive. I will try post processing with your settings once again as it has given me huge performance hits every time before, that being because I prefer Supersampling over PP and with Vive and 1080ti I can go much higher than 1.5, that is the trade off right there. The real mirrors are a big step forward, I totally agree and I am glad to have discovered them a few weeks ago.

Thank you for watching the video and giving feedback. One thing I forgot to mention in the video is that if PP is giving you too much a hit on FPS, setting the "quality" and "glare" settings to minimum will help. You'll still be able to see headlights/brakelights, and the game will still look good enough in my mind.

You are right, one thing I forgot to mention is that I am a 100% open wheeler so I do not need lights so much as our night races happen on illuminated tracks.

Just for the performance issue, I gave up with these settings almost instantly. I am getting a stable 90 FPS with 15 opponents at the start of the race with 2,0 Supersampling in Steam VR. Now, activating PP even with the lowest settings pushes me down to 65 FPS and it never recovers even when the grid begins to stretch to more than 79-82 FPS.

But you are right, if you need lights you need PP and then you have to sacrifice some resolution for that part. On the other hand, at least with Vive the difference in quality between 1,5 and 2,x Supersampling is huge.

Keep up your great work and let them videos come!

You are right, one thing I forgot to mention is that I am a 100% open wheeler so I do not need lights so much as our night races happen on illuminated tracks.

Hmm that is a crazy perfo
Just for the performance issue, I gave up with these settings almost instantly. I am getting a stable 90 FPS with 15 opponents at the start of the race with 2,0 Supersampling in Steam VR. Now, activating PP even with the lowest settings pushes me down to 65 FPS and it never recovers even when the grid begins to stretch to more than 79-82 FPS.

But you are right, if you need lights you need PP and then you have to sacrifice some resolution for that part. On the other hand, at least with Vive the difference in quality between 1,5 and 2,x Supersampling is huge.

Keep up your great work and let them videos come!

Hmm, that is a pretty big performance hit from the PP. I've never used Vive, so I am unaware of the visual quality difference between 1.5 - 2.0 SS. With the Rift, the difference is not enough to warrant the performance hit IMO. I wonder how your FPS would be if you dialed back to say 1.7 - 1.8 SS and turned PP options to minimal? But then again, you did say you were 100% open wheeler, so PP is probably not on your list of wants/needs.

As I wrote in another thread here on VR, when I set the custom resolution to 1920 x 1080, 90 Hz (the 90 Hz part was the game changer for me) it stabilized my framerates from bouncing between 45-90 to a steady 70-90 even with a full grid (I have a high end Alienware laptop, (i9, 1080)).
That 90Hz lock made a huge difference for me.

Might be because your VR mirror has not been on the forefront. Otherwise it shouldn't make a difference which Hz you set for the monitor. I am using an older LG-TV which only does 60Hz so I can't even set a higher value for it and still get 90Hz VR. But in case the VR mirror is not on the forefront (ALT-Enter) the FPS can be all over the place.

• Deleted member 197115

@Gelly916, does fps limiter at 91 makes any difference for you. I always used unlimited for VR, tried limiter, nothing changed, same fps and same load on both GPU and CPU.
What it's supposed to fix?

@Andrew_WOT I do a limiter on every game I play. VR or not. Before I bought a 144 MHz monitor, I used a 75 MHz monitor and would set a 75 FPS limit. Now I set a 144 limit. I just carried over the concept to VR. Honestly, I've never looked at the CPU/GPU load. It's just something I've been doing for years and always thought it made sense.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 260 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 170 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 168 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.7%