Assetto Corsa VR CM settings

All,

When I drive any kind of track in VR on my own i've a constant 90FPS. When adding 10 AI cars the FPS starts to drop, no matter what settings I change, it keeps happening.

Any magic solution to not let assetto corsa drop FPS while driving against the AI?

Hi

Maybe because your cpu bottlenecking the game, i can play almost full maxed out ALONE with the laptop
2*8go
i7 6700hq(max 3.1ghz on 4cores)
ssd/ssd/dd 240/120/4To
oculus rift cv1
i block easily 90fps on all maps but online i have to reduce a lot and even like that i have some drops due to the lack of cores(cpu warning ****)
i do use Sol and shader patch off course with supersampling to x1.4

with no vr i block 120fps all maxed out with 24 bots:/

For sure our PCs needs more than 4 cores to play it on the best way, no matter you have middle/high end gpu.

• Deleted member 197115

It's CPU, not much you can do.
Drop world details, reflections, enable all gpu and cpu optimizations in CSP General settings, in CSP Graphics setting there are some options to use lower quality LOD for opponent cars.
But there is no magic bullet, upgrade your CPU or drop grid size.

Drop all your mods out of the game to be sure to no mod is eating lots of recourses, think some are badly optimized.
If using CM watch this video, this guy does explain what all the settings do in VR.
and find for yourself what is the best setting.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

That video is not what I'd personally follow by heart and it's definitely not CM specific, the guy spends 99% of the time covering basic AC graphics settings just presented in CM UI.
Dated too, from 2018, using old obsolete now gbwSuite.
You can also ignore advise on 91 fps limit for HMD, it will be synced at 90 no matter what you do, and AC will not be making extra frames in the presence of sync whether it's set in app or externally.

Last edited by a moderator:
That video is not what I'd personally follow by heart and it's definitely not CM specific, the guy spends 99% of the time covering basic AC graphics settings just presented in CM UI.
Dated too, from 2018, using old obsolete now gbwSuite.
You can also ignore advise on 91 fps limit for HMD, it will be synced at 90 no matter what you do, and AC will not be making extra frames in the presence of sync whether it's set in app or externally.
With all respect to your manual but he does do a good explanation on what the settings do, think very handy to know what you are adjusting, as what is perfect working onyour rig , does not always count on others. His explanation is maybe not that perfect but it is a good start for an game that did not have that big upgrade since his youtube movie from 30 dec 2018.

• Deleted member 197115

SOL is using Shader patch, GBW was based on plain vanilla AC PP filters.
With all GPU and CPU optimization in CSP (Custom Shader Patch) now, you can get better performance than OEM AC. And the latest SOL has new _Simpe PP filter and SimplePPOff mode that allows it to be used with Simple PP filter or no filter at all.
Rain, night, dynamic time change, you won't get any of that with vanilla AC and GBW alone.
CPU is affected by HUD apps fonts rendering, unless you tick fonts hardware optimization in CM and mostly by the following in no particular order:
Reflections,
shadows,
mirrors,
world details,
number of opponents (worst offender, not due to the physics calculation but rendering)

Sorry, nope. I went from gbwSuite 2.5.2 to SOL 1.3.1, read the manual carefully, got all settings right, but FPS never got above 45 FPS (VR). Tried the simple PP filter, still never above 45 FPS. Tried the latest beta of SOL, still the same. Went back to gbwSuite and my FPS is back to 90 again. Left all other settings as they were.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%