Assetto Corsa Videos

I'm the one drifting guys and I can confirm that nobody has yet managed to actually drift the car in gamescon. Some power drifts have been able, but no actual drifts. Also Marco and Stefano do not manage to drift like that at all. You need to know the technique. If you know what you're doing, it's easy and natural. If you don't know, it just won't work.

The car is also setup for drift like this:
- Normal physics, no "special mode"
- street normal tyre, NO "special" tyres at all.
- Stiffer suspension and a bit oversteery (not too much)
- 200kg less weight from the street car
- drift car steering rack with around 50-55 degrees

That's all.

I did my best today drifting (and think i succeeded ;)) in the short amount of time you get in the Demo (only 3 laps) But as a fan of drifting and someone who can spend lots of tires doing it, it immediatly felt natural and all my techniques worked perfectly! The laps and drifts werent perfect but i was able to string together corners on my first try, which resulted in big smiles and enthustiastic remarks by Aris and Marco. Drifting is not easy, especially in a new sim with new physics, but if the physics are like doing it in reallife in which you have some experience, and you use the same tricks in Assetto Corsa and they work, thats telling ALOT about how good the physics are.

I hope my friend who filmed it also has the audio from the guys looking and commenting, and i will try to upload a video today or tomorrow. Awesome meeting you guys and making me even more interested in the sim then i already was!

Also drove the Z4M on Monza, which felt just as natural in behaviour, driving it at a slower pace makes the car super easy to handle (as what you would expect from a racecar with slicks and heavy downforce) but when you are going near or over the edge it makes even more sense, the car starts to move and react more which needs fast steering corrections, and for the first time in a sim when braking hard you can feel the rear getting light and swervy (although this was mostly caused by the ABS kicking in, it felt like i expected). The car was setup very understeered so it was hard to determine the true limit of the car but i enjoyed every minute of it trying to catch the P4/5. Which was an AI car. AI is a big work in progress, and for most of us in online racing communites not interesting, but if they keep tweaking it it might be alot of fun using it as a training tool for online racing. The AI was nice and aggresive (bit to much at times in brakezones) but i like them more aggresive then being extremly cautious making for easy overtaking. Watching the AI race against each other showed more of the potential then racing against a human, so i'm quote optimistic about it.

For an early Alpha this is already an tremendous effort! And once again, awesome meeting and talking to you guys, thanks for your time and effort, this is a sim build by enthusiasts, and it shows in many many ways!

Great driving by Roy today. He stepped in the sim and said "I'd like the drifting mode" and he was actually the first one to ask for it... so with a little doubt I asked "you're sure? you know how to drift?" and he said "yeah I do this in real life ecc ecc..."

and he did it just like a boss in his first time on a new sim with totally new wheel and pedals and on a situation as the gamescom, full of noise and distractions.
Well done m8!

Oh and I forgot to say, he is a great friendly guy too as all the true simracer enthusiast that they visit us. Great guys, really really great days :)

And the Video :) Unfortunatly my mate only focussed on the screen, i would have loved a wider shot showing Aris and most of all my input, but the steeringratio was identical, so the movement you see from the wheel ingame is what i am doing with the Fanatec CSW aswell. As said, it felt amazingly natural and at times i almost wanted to reach out with my right arm to grab the handbrake lever. (are you putting a handbrake function in Aris?)

Offcourse the drifting is very rough, but some sections are pretty nice and most off all, i think decent enough for someone with Zero experience with the Sim/Surroundings and lack of sound :D

Great fun, looking very forward to having a blast in this in the near future!

Can you tell us how bad the steering lag was? On some videos it looks quite horrendous. Didn't that hinder your progress in any way?

You can see this visually too, but you dont notice it when playing. I felt very much in control and could adjust and react as fast as i wanted. Part of the problem is most likely the Monitor, or actually TV. TV's arent ment for high speed gaming at all. The Video delay gets exaggerated by crappy camera's, its far worse on videos then it is in reallife.

I think its a mere fraction slower then in iRacing when playing on a normal monitor, so i geuss that with using a monitor, the difference is identical :)

Would be cool with one proper drift car.

AY0F2559_0V74_0.jpg

Same guy who made the best single drift ever :)

Without doubt IMO AC is gonna tip the simworld upside down and bring PC sims to a whole new level. Has so much cool stuff going on. How cool is that being able to move around the HUD with the mouse etc to suit your needs. Also love how they are not just throwing weather in there just for the sake of it and concentrating on physics

omg now i understood that u can see whatever u want and also put everything anywhere on screen cool!
Also its the first vid that graphics look so aewsome so alive!
And the shadows under bridges or whatever they are in Imola look so nice!
Also output data about races for championships!

and Pagani Zondaaaaaaaaaaaaa lisence omg :confused:

PS:Marco said that u have to w8 to see Pagazi zonda in something September,what does this mean? We will get first the tech-demo and from what i understand the release will be at least 1,5 month after tech-demo...

Awesome video!

what got me thinking was just how amazing it is that you can move around the track map and other stuff or simply choose what you want to see, on the fly!
Then when they talked about the tablet thing, how awesome would it not be to get telemetry up on your Ipad or whatever tablet you now run.
Like throttle/brake lines, G-meter etc :)

Edit: should watch the whole clip next time, this is just awesome.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%