Assetto Corsa Videos

Yes Hampus i dont disagree,im just saying that i guess its Aris cause the drift looks perfect and all that,i said it cause there is another vid that show him to drift and drifts very good.
Im in for every kind of dificulty of course that reaches the realism but i dont like "idiotic" ways like if lets say in grip u put values from 1 to 10 if its raining then put 3 or something.Thats why i said about physics,physics are there data its there,expirience from devs is there,they proved that they dont put the data in cars and the leave it like that if they drive it and something doesnt work they try to find a solution.
So im saying the package is there if its easy what we can do more to reach more realism like dificulty to master the drift like u said..

I dont know, just asking. Its really easy at the video - to be honest - it isn't

Setup knowledge for a brand new showroom car? Do you think that I can change the camber in my own car? I will try...

nothing personal guys, just a joke

Lol i mean that u have to play with weight transfers(slow bumps/rebounds),anti-rollbars etc in the setup menu in the game..to make a drift setup,i dont know how to make such setup either :D
I guess full rear antirollbar to spin easy :roflmao:

I'm the one drifting guys and I can confirm that nobody has yet managed to actually drift the car in gamescon. Some power drifts have been able, but no actual drifts. Also Marco and Stefano do not manage to drift like that at all. You need to know the technique. If you know what you're doing, it's easy and natural. If you don't know, it just won't work.

The car is also setup for drift like this:
- Normal physics, no "special mode"
- street normal tyre, NO "special" tyres at all.
- Stiffer suspension and a bit oversteery (not too much)
- 200kg less weight from the street car
- drift car steering rack with around 50-55 degrees

That's all.

I forgot to say. For Gamescon the grass grip has been raised a bit, so that's why you can see me not totally spin when I touched the grass. That won't be the case on the final release, it's only for the show.

Another thing I'd like to say. I think it's clear now that we are 100% honest with what AC is. You can see from the videos, we never did any photoshopping on the screenshots, we didn't said anything more than what the sim is, we never promise features we won't be able to deliver and heck we even talk openly about our "problems" like the sound department and 3 screens monitor ecc... I know you guys know that now and I hope the rest of the community starts to understand it.

Finally, I'd like to really thank all the nice guys from RD forums and BSimracing that visited us. Also sorrry for all the people that have send me and the rest of the KS team, emails, PMs, FB messages ecc. We haven't yet replied because we have very limited internet access here and very little time to spare. We will reply to all of you, after Gamescon, big big thanks for the support.

Cheers guys.

I've got to say (again) that the communication from Aris here and the rest of the Kunos team in general has been superb throughout the development of the project. The enthusiasm that comes through is very infectious.

It'll probably get a bit rougher now as the platoons of trolls in the community catch on to the sim and mobilize en masse, but I hope it doesn't deter you from keeping us involved and updated with AC's progress. You've gained a lot of supporters with your attitudes alone :thumbsup:

For those of you that played the game....can you offer an *unbiased* opinion on how the physics of AC compares to iRacing? A lot of members at iRacing are under the impression that iRacing's physics are the "Holy Grail" and cannot be beat. How do you respond to this claim?

U should try netkar pro or FVA to see for urself the quality of the physics of Kunos.
Ur question should be how much better than those 2 and not from iracing.
Iracing has good physics but has flaws.
I dont know about the last build if things changed but what iv read physics remain same.
If this is true get a car in iracing go to a slow corner,turn ur wheel and u will see that looses traction for no reason.
EDIT:this doesnt happen all the time of course,in some situations but very often,seems that if not all,many sims have such problems in slow corners with physics,but nk or fva dont

Of course this is my opinion but im a person that see's the positives and negatives.
About physics my reference are netkar and fva.
Also in iracing the suspension over kerbs works a bit awkord.
Im not an expert,i dont know how to express this sry.

Personally i found those 2 things negatives in iracing.I never "examined" the old or the new tyre model cause these 2 things couldnt let me drive properly.
The diference between netkar or fva and iracing is huge,in those 2 things,u can understand it by urself,just try them

BTW i wasnt on gamescom or ever played AC im just saying about the previous works of Kunos,my expirience

It's hard to judge iracing overall against another game because of the tire model getting constantly updated but for me from a pure driving point of view,
I feel with the latest build and the linear ffb setting the HPD LMP2 is as good as it gets.
But if you talk F1 then FVA all the way.

Iracing doesn't seem to understand that pulling 7 g's in corners on the hard compound is not anywhere near realistic.
But it's most likely the NTM not evolved enough.

Basically the linear ffb changed everything for me.

For those of you that played the game....can you offer an *unbiased* opinion on how the physics of AC compares to iRacing? A lot of members at iRacing are under the impression that iRacing's physics are the "Holy Grail" and cannot be beat. How do you respond to this claim?

This is clearly idiotic, especially if we factor in the ordinary FFB, but iracings appeal is the whole package, however, the basis of any racing game to me is that it works well with my wheel, and the basis of any sim is that it's physics and FFB are convincing.
I don't drive iracing simply because it's physics are FFB aren't better than FVA/GTR/GSC/rf2/netkar IMO.

Assetto Corsa videos all look tremendous to me; thnaks to everyone who posted them!

As for which F1 sim car is my most favoured - FVA for me with GSC 2012 Formula Reiza a close second. Both dev teams can do no wrong in my eyes :)

Silverstone

The problem with these videos is guys don't know the game/car/track and may be inexperienced drivers with sims so the they brake too late, downshift way too fast as seen here. Which in turn creates this feeling of constant understeer. It's great to see the car stepping out though with him downshifting the way he was.

We need a video with someone that races sims alot and knows the tracks.

Also wheel rotation could be a big factor here. I will preume the wheel is set to 900 degrees or the game sets it how the real car has it like rF2 and iRacing. These could be quite high and alot of guys don't like big rotations as they have to put so much input in to the wheel and so struggle to corner properly. This video it just looks to me like he was braking too late and downshifting too fast.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back