Assetto Corsa: Version 0.3 with new cars, tracks and features released

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: Version 0.3 with new cars, tracks and features released

Kunos Simulazioni have released the 0.3 version of their Early Access racing sim Assetto Corsa. Gamers can now play the updated title via Steam.

The new version includes: three new cars, two new tracks, a new environment for showroom mode and several new features, including support for the Oculus Rift, new reflection shading, a lot of new graphics options, updated support for new languages and much more!

New tracks
  • Silverstone GP Circuit. The awesome British circuit...

Last edited:
Sorry to bump my Q but is anyone else unable to use FXAA without HDR activating. Its killing my FPS with HDR on and my visual quality with FXAA off :(
There is no way to use FXAA withouth HDR turned on sorry.

Be sure you turn cube map reflections to low as that is a HUGE fps killer. Even more so than HDR, and also turn down ansioptopic filtering for some reason thats a big one too.

Still unplayable with the Oculus Rift for me, everything is way too bright and world size seems to be too small.

This is exactly what I experience on my triples as well. (the size thing) Compared to iRacing everything looks smaller somehow (with correct FOV of course). Could this be why it feels so slow?

I was talking with some friends on teamspeak yesterday, and my problem with Assetto Corsa is a bit weird. Calling it a problem is also weird, since the "problem" is that I like so many of the cars. In other sims I quickly discard the majority of cars and find a few to focus on, but thats gonna be bloody hard in AC. Yes, yes, fanboy this and fanboy that, but I actually think this is going to be a problem.:laugh:

I was talking with some friends on teamspeak yesterday, and my problem with Assetto Corsa is a bit weird. Calling it a problem is also weird, since the "problem" is that I like so many of the cars. In other sims I quickly discard the majority of cars and find a few to focus on, but thats gonna be bloody hard in AC. Yes, yes, fanboy this and fanboy that, but I actually think this is going to be a problem.:laugh:

Yeah, you struggle to concentrate on getting to know one car because you're still thinking about climbing into the other cars! Nightmare! :D

What is your opinion about FFB guys? The more I drive AC, the more I'm lost with what is happening with the car. I think TP and 0.1 was much better if I remember it right. Now I absolutely don't feel anything on my GT3RS. It's strange and I've already tried different versions of fw/drivers. Don't know what happened but I absolutely loved it before. I'm lost.

What is your opinion about FFB guys? The more I drive AC, the more I'm lost with what is happening with the car. I think TP and 0.1 was much better if I remember it right. Now I absolutely don't feel anything on my GT3RS. It's strange and I've already tried different versions of fw/drivers. Don't know what happened but I absolutely loved it before. I'm lost.

I couldn't disagree more, Im using a GT2, not sure what firmware though or drivers. I'll look into that for you.

Have you turned off the canned effects?

I also have a gt3 rs v2 and feels fantastic ... 174 driver and firmware updated some weeks ago (cant remember the number) no canned effects ...no damping ... 60% gain ...on the wheel settings everything is off except ff (100) and dri (depends on car)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back