Assetto Corsa V1.9 Sound Preview Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Lamborghini Huracan GT3.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni's Sound Designer and Official Technical Support officer Luca Sodano has shared a pretty epic new video, showcasing the work in progress sound update to Assetto Corsa, due to form part of the next major patch for the title.

Coming in at just over five minutes in length, Sodano shows off the impressive improvements made with the Fmod tool across a number of cars. The video (seen below) takes in a on-board and replay cam footage of the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 around the legendary Nurburgring Nordschleife circuit.

Assetto Corsa (beta) - Fmod 1.08.12 internal testing (WIP) - AI cars Video

The video, shot as an audio level peak test during internal testing for the new build, features 23 AI cars and achieves a 15 % Fmod usage average percentage, peaking at a maximum of 24%.

Audio in Assetto Corsa has come in for criticism from some corners of the community, with some players even going so far as to create their own Fmod sound packs to download. One such pack, made by well know community member Fonsecker, covers no less than 35 cars across three releases, creating a must have package for many Assetto Corsa players (download here). However the team over at Kunos have been working hard to address some of the know weaker areas of the audio experience in recent builds, and the new preview once again shows some impressive progress. Still not quite on the level of acknowledged industry leaders RaceRoom Racing Experience, the new preview does offer up a considerable improvement over the current offerings from the studio.

Release date for the latest build of Assetto Corsa has not yet been confirmed by the studio, however stay tuned to RaceDepartment for all the news as it happens...

The Assetto Corsa sub forum at RaceDepartment is the best source of mods for the sim. Check out our substantial archive, take part in the Modding Discussion forum, join the discussion and consume the latest news. If that isn't enough, head over to the Racing Clubs and Leagues section to find yourself some epic online racing!

Looking forward to the sound update? How do you think AC compares to its rivals in the sound department? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
<snip>wall of words poorly trying to justify closing remark quoted below</snip>

So to say "like always" is simply a blatant lie...

You sir are pretty ungrateful sod, your entire success (financial and other) is based on the money that "stupid" community spent on your product.

Each time you post I regret having given you a dime.

Last edited by a moderator:
that probably happened last time more than 1 year ago. I might be wrong tho.

The fact is (I think we have explained this many times before), FMod is not built with backwards compatibility guarantees, so if we update the FMod version this will break things and there is nothing we can do about it. It's not something we knew when we decided to migrate from our in-house audio engine to it. So every time an update is taken into consideration we also has to evaluate if the improvement (or the fixes) are worth the fact that mods will break. It's never an easy call.
Where we do have control (ie. our code), we always try to maintain backward compatibility.

</snip>
Wow, my comment seem to attract Kunos attention, interesting! It feels like somenone is taking this personal, I say "like always" because I remember how it was reuploading working versions so take it with a grain of salt... But hey, what do I know about a "indicating to be" Official staff thst gets offended and defensive to one person on a forum not owned by them

Last edited by a moderator:
But hey, what do I know about a "indicating to be" Official staff thst gets offended and defensive to one person on a forum not owned by them

trust me I am hardly offended, I've seen much much worse through the years :) When I open these websites I am always prepared for the worst, nothing really surprises me anymore by now, I must be getting REALLY old :D

You've said something wrong and I corrected it and also took a chance to repeat once again the reasons behind the fact that audio engine updates are not backward compatible.
I think it's good to always repeat reasons, a lot of people might miss posts around and might end up with the theory that we spend our days speculating how we can **** modders more painfully this time :p

We all say something wrong from time to time, memory can easily fail us as does the desire of venting frustration, no reason to throw a tantrum about it.

trust me I am hardly offended, I've seen much much worse through the years :) When I open these websites I am always prepared for the worst, nothing really surprises me anymore by now, I must be getting REALLY old :D

You've said something wrong and I corrected it and also took a chance to repeat once again the reasons behind the fact that audio engine updates are not backward compatible.
I think it's good to always repeat reasons, a lot of people might miss posts around and might end up with the theory that we spend our days speculating how we can **** modders more painfully this time :p

We all say something wrong from time to time, memory can easily fail us as does the desire of venting frustration, no reason to throw a tantrum about it.
Very well then, pleased to see that your comment was taken away. Not surpriced at all why you did it because one can only take so much ranting and bashing that a mean response could appear from you. We are all humans so nothing weird about it...

Guys, please behave and think for a few seconds before you click "post reply".
Are you on the payroll of Kunos? Every time kunos posts a direct insult to paying customers you run in and edit his post and any replies.

Why are you running interference and cleaning up for a commercial entity that is actively engaging in abusive behavior?

Why don't you leave these comments so that prospective customers can see the truth behind the company? Had I known that KS are very ungrateful and insulting to their own customer base I would have never spent a penny on their product.

You are pretty much acting like their in house clean up crew. Not good at all.

Are you on the payroll of Kunos? Every time kunos posts a direct insult to paying customers you run in and edit his post and any replies.

Why are you running interference and cleaning up for a commercial entity that is actively engaging in abusive behavior?

Why don't you leave these comments so that prospective customers can see the truth behind the company? Had I known that KS are very ungrateful and insulting to their own customer base I would have never spent a penny on their product.

You are pretty much acting like their in house clean up crew. Not good at all.

Maybe you could forward a message to Stefano to give me money in the future since I seem to be doing such a good job of keeping up his company's rep.

Impossible. Blame's still here. (No offense, man :D)

Man. Even if none of AC's bugs or shortcomings had ever been fixed, it would still be not even half as bad as the comment section of every Kunos-related news flash. Am I just too busy playing the game (among others, like rF2 and AMS, mind you) that, by now, I'm missing that a point has been reached where we probably should all just stop acting like douches?

Wow, my comment seem to attract Kunos attention, interesting! It feels like somenone is taking this personal, I say "like always" because I remember how it was reuploading working versions so take it with a grain of salt... But hey, what do I know about a "indicating to be" Official staff thst gets offended and defensive to one person on a forum not owned by them

nice try man.... 'Like always' means exactly that: EVERY TIME. Dont back down now, man up buddy boy!

2001 called... they want their victim card back.

boooring.. can someone Ban me until the porsche pack gets released? ty

Have you forwarded this link to the Kunos crew? By your on standards any regular (or premium) member that had broken the ToS as many times as Kunos has would have been banned already :(

Genuinely curious, if you have so many problems with AC, dont like the game, think modding is broken, think the physics are beyond repair, think Kunos is only in it for the money and to fleece your wallet, think they cant handle criticism, think they are rude to customers who falsely accuse them of (insert falsity here), and think they are a crappy company... while also publicly saying you regret ever spending money on the game... Why are you still here?

No one cares to hear your input if all you do is whine and moan about things you dont have any interest in.

well i stand by my statement but you can take it however you want

The last time sound mods were broken by an update was literally 18 months ago. April/May of 2015. And it was only a simply 5 minute fix to get them working again. Anyone who scratch makes mods and spends hundreds of hours creating something has absolutely zero problem spending 5 minutes updating their work to make use of a better overall sound base that Kunos is providing with the updates.

Not to mention this only happened a few times over the course of 2 months. Late March to Early May 2015.

But, there will always be selfish people who dont want Kunos to improve the game because something may go wrong for them (not directed at you, just in general). What about the people who dont use mods? What about the people who cant be arsed creating mods? What about console users who dont have mods? Should Kunos completely abandon improvements because less than 1% of the playerbase may have a small issue with updating their mods?

well i stand by my statement but you can take it however you want
I never take things 'however i want to', I can read and understand words.. there is no room for 'interpretation' when you use clear words and statements.

actually.. if some users learn exactly how to read and understand words, it would save A LOT of drama and spam.

ps. ill stop now.. i fell in the spam spell again :( sorry

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back