Assetto Corsa v0.7 - Released

I don't understand why they dont just make a fictional or group of fictional formula cars to represent that years spec and update them annually. .and save the licence fee on these only

Because there's little point really i think, They build cars they have the data for from the licensee's. If they were to just build a car "based" around a 2013 car they dont have data for they will be slated if the armchair experts think its wrong.

Simon Robertsit post: 1647835 said:
Because there's little point really i think, They build cars they have the data for from the licensee's. If they were to just build a car "based" around a 2013 car they dont have data for they will be slated if the armchair experts think its wrong.
Reiza studios manage It and do it rather well and no matter what the car is in any sim they always get questioned.

I don't understand why they dont just make a fictional or group of fictional formula cars to represent that years spec and update them annually. .and save the licence fee on these only

Paul, many people, like me, have no interest in SIM driving a fictional car.
Simulating a fictional car does not make a lot of sense if you think of it, what are you simulating exactly? Plus there is already GT6 for that :p
AC should stick to simulating existing and interesting cars.
We do not really need real F1, although it would be great.
Which F1 to simulate anyway, they change every year and even during the season and every modification and set up makes it like a different car.
A modern open wheeler like the T125 with the right kind of specs will do just fine for the open wheeler junky.:cool:

Paul, many people, like me, have no interest in SIM driving a fictional car.
Simulating a fictional car does not make a lot of sense if you think of it, what are you simulating exactly? Plus there is already GT6 for that :p
AC should stick to simulating existing and interesting cars.
We do not really need real F1, although it would be great.
Which F1 to simulate anyway, they change every year and even during the season and every modification and set up makes it like a different car.
A modern open wheeler like the T125 with the right kind of specs will do just fine for the open wheeler junky.:cool:
I would like what they are doing so far. Only real cars and classic no longer in development F1 cars.

705360_829321370427516_1305720427_o.jpg

1836650_829349917091328_165631977_o.jpg

Last edited:
Hey regarding the T125 I couldn't agree more...its an amazing alternative, being a fellow open wheel junkie my life is on hold until friday :). My idea is mainly to be able to provide a premier open wheel car without paying the huge premium. Dont get me wrong am sure modders intime will fill all gaps but I think back to the iracing williams which I feel was a wasted licence as nothing felt simulated and still doesnt. Cos of the license they are pretty much restricted to trying to keep the 09 williams to spec. I feel if iracing or kunos built generic versions then the cuffs would be off and they could be updated them yearly maintaining interest. I personally believe kunos has the expertise to deliver that without the huge license costs.

I highly doubt that.

The Lotus T125 weighs 660kgs (inc. driver), produces 640bhp and only revs to 10,300 rpm. It produces more downforce than a 2011 spec Formula One car, but only because it has a MASSIVE diffuser, and no regulations to abide by.

Source; http://www.sportauto.de/motorsport/...rste-fahrt-im-formel-1-rennwagen-4298732.html

Ok, its a german magazine, but i doubt that they share false infos!
"Sorry for the delay - the One-Two-Five but has 15 percent more downforce than the 2011 car and is determined faster than a current HRT."

Red Bull would be faster, but all the other cars were 1-2s slower then RB.

Also:
Visually reminiscent of customers-F1 with the front wing in the snow plow format (width: 1.80 m), the narrow rear wing (width: 75 cm) and his battle paintings on last year's Lotus Renault GP R31. In direct comparison, the T125 is but 19 inches shorter and 9 inches wider than the original F1. Suspension, brake cooling ducts and body parts - here you have to look far to meet on parts that were not baked from carbon fiber material by the Italian company HP Composite.

He is 9inches wider than a normal F1 car, thats means he got more mechanical grip!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%