Assetto Corsa updated to version 1.1.2, users report FPS improvement

Nissan GT3 2.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni published a new update for their popular racing simulator, bringing it to version 1.1.2.

The patch went live tonight at around 8:00 pm GMT, and you can find the changelog below.
Anyway, the most important fixes are the lap time detection for the first laps and the improved "Physics Time Occupancy % in Render Stat Form".
Some users on the official AC forum are actually reporting much better performance for the game, but, obviously, whether this applies to all systems is not certain yet.
Let us know in the comments if the update has helped you! See you in the official RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa servers.

Changelog Version 1.1.2
  • Fixed lap time detection system missing first laps
  • Improved Physics Time Occupancy % (PHY) in Render Stat Form
  • Improved overlay leaderboard to show millisecond accuracy gaps for Qual and Practice session and "PIT" indicator for pitted cars
  • Fixed McLaren P1 wing always down in multiplayer
  • Fixed cars not locked in pits when not starting after a multiplayer session was restarted
  • Added option to suppress log in assetto_corsa.ini
  • Fixed replay timestamps on the timeline
  • Fixed useless yellow flags on race start
  • Fixed getTrackConfig Python API returning wrong string
  • Launcher: added forced exit timer on shutdown
  • Launcher: added more details in content loading errors

Exactly the reverse for me but then its a dual AMD GPU system. Running Crossfire with a 295x2 (yep I know its not properly supported) with the BFBC2Game.exe profile which used to give 100-120fps on Nord with a full grid I now get 30-40fps. Guess 1.1.2 has somehow nullified that AMD profile as 30-40fps is around what other non-working profiles produce. New drivers are out on the 19th from AMD so maybe we can get a Crossfire profile with that.

I will say that changing shadow resolution from low to high now has little or no effect in terms of FPS drop (Crossfire on or off) for me so it appears there has been some optimization on that side at least for my configuration.

Last edited:
Exactly the reverse for me but then its a dual AMD GPU system. Running Crossfire with a 295x2 (yep I know its not properly supported) with the BFBC2Game.exe profil which used to give 100-120fps on Nord with a full grid I now get 30-40fps. Guess 1.1.2 has somehow nullified that AMD profile as 30-40fps is around what other non-working profiles produce. New drivers are out on the 19th from AMD so maybe we can get a Crossfire profile with that.

I will say that changing shadow resolution from low to high now has little or no effect in terms of FPS drop (Crossfire on or off) for me so it appears there has been some optimization on that side at least for my configuration.
For a dual gpu or crossfire, first thing to try is setting reflections to low-static or high-ultra; nothing in between.

Then another thing that fixed for some since v1.1 (dlc release), was to rename assetto corsa folder from my documents, then launch the game. This gives you new settings by creating a new default folder. Experiment with it, but also do the reflections thing, as well as very low smoke, or off. The settings I'm mentioning are important for dual or xfire gpu.

I didn't get an FPS bump in single-player mode, actually lost 5 fps since they fixed the reflection bug that deactivated the faces per frame while still retaining reflections. But I got a great deal of FPS in races, now able to race 16 cars on mostly high settings with 70 FPS!

OH my god..if i had one...where the hell is this FPS boost comming from...From 105 alone in the pits last night...now all of a sudden i have 190!!!! what is this?! Oo

timthumb.php

50 FPS all maxed out on a GTX 760....last time i tested with max settings i had 5-6 FPS...this is insane!!!

Last edited:
There seems to be a boost to fps, most noticeable when I tested a full (24 cars) grid.
All settings on max except: reflection quality/medium and rendering frequency/high.

Seeing 23 McLaren P1's lined up ahead of me at Spa and then shooting off in a cloud of smoke is quite a sight. ;)
Slight dip just at the start when the smoke is at it's peak (about 55fps) then it goes back up and when the grid is a bit thinned out it settles around 100fps.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.2%