Assetto Corsa updated to version 1.1.2, users report FPS improvement

Nissan GT3 2.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni published a new update for their popular racing simulator, bringing it to version 1.1.2.

The patch went live tonight at around 8:00 pm GMT, and you can find the changelog below.
Anyway, the most important fixes are the lap time detection for the first laps and the improved "Physics Time Occupancy % in Render Stat Form".
Some users on the official AC forum are actually reporting much better performance for the game, but, obviously, whether this applies to all systems is not certain yet.
Let us know in the comments if the update has helped you! See you in the official RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa servers.

Changelog Version 1.1.2
  • Fixed lap time detection system missing first laps
  • Improved Physics Time Occupancy % (PHY) in Render Stat Form
  • Improved overlay leaderboard to show millisecond accuracy gaps for Qual and Practice session and "PIT" indicator for pitted cars
  • Fixed McLaren P1 wing always down in multiplayer
  • Fixed cars not locked in pits when not starting after a multiplayer session was restarted
  • Added option to suppress log in assetto_corsa.ini
  • Fixed replay timestamps on the timeline
  • Fixed useless yellow flags on race start
  • Fixed getTrackConfig Python API returning wrong string
  • Launcher: added forced exit timer on shutdown
  • Launcher: added more details in content loading errors

Thanks for the info @Radu Oros. Sadly no dice following your advice. When I started this version of AC it already asked me to wipe my settings (changing the Assetto Corsa folder in documents) which I did. Now regretting it. I did try doing it again, and the rest as you said but no effect. Oh well, back to testing yet more AMD profiles.

BTW guys if your experiencing fps increases or decreases can you please state what your gpu is and what fps you had before the updates. Saying I got x fps more without a reference point isn't as helpful to others (or Kunos watching the forum) as "I use x gpu and went from y fps to z fps". Cheers.

Got to revise my above posts. Appears once I disable reflection quality (not set to low static) my fps with the BFBC2Game.exe profile on Crossfire goes back to roughly the original fps with intermittent spiking up from the previous 120fps with the last update to 130-135fps. Also I now appear to be able to set shadow resolution to ultra with no frame loss and world detail to max where it was previously medium. Kunos definitely working on things even if on my system I seem to be trading one graphics setting for another.

Didn't notice any FPS changes.

Post Processing pretty well halves my frame rate so I turn it off.

I'm getting round 300 fps while hotlapping without it.

To compensate for the dead, flat look AC has without PP, I use SweetFX and Nvidia Inspector 4x sampling. Together they nicely tame the guard rail shimmers - the most annoying graphics artifact AC has. Which is weird because in all the other sims the battle is always about taming track line jaggies.

CPU: I5 2500k @ 3.3GHz
Video Card: GTX970 4GB

What the hell guys, i lose 5-10 fps every major patch, how do you see improvements..1 week ago i had to turn PP off and then i realized (mid-race) that the other car's brake lights dont work if they have their lights on when you have PP off.

polls_Funny_Fail_Posters_5_4215_452401_poll_xlarge.jpeg

I have a very modest laptop but 1.1 brought my frames up by a wide margin. I can play at 58.8fps locked in time trial, and it's finally playable with 10 AI on my system. Guess I'm lucky.

Also, yes, lights don't glow without glare on. It's not the best but it's not really noticeable in-game. Postprocessing just halves my framerate for some reason so I just keep it off.

- Launcher default theme (online): added option to filter out servers that contain unavailable content
- Launcher default theme: added option in Options > General to keep currently selected track conditions when changing game mode
- Launcher: various stability fixes
- Fixed some audio crash on unexpected values
- Fixed C9 exterior backfires
- Fixed C9 exterior attenuation distance
- In game telemetry now works properly with track-config scenario
- HDR app now correctly disable saving button for KS cars onboard exposure
- New Fmod SDK project (added gear_grind and horn events)

- Launcher default theme: added option in Options > General to keep currently selected track conditions when changing game mode
YESSS!!!!

- Launcher default theme (online): added option to filter out servers that contain unavailable content
- Launcher: various stability fixes
- Fixed some audio crash on unexpected values
- Fixed C9 exterior backfires
- Fixed C9 exterior attenuation distance
- In game telemetry now works properly with track-config scenario
- HDR app now correctly disable saving button for KS cars onboard exposure
- New Fmod SDK project (added gear_grind and horn events)

YESSS!!!!
Can I feel a smoother UI?

It has a great improvement in Performance, the only track that still has some optimization issues from my POV, is the new Nordschleife, i have a GTX970 @ 4GB ram, and in some parts of it, the FPS gets down to 45-50 FPS at ULTRA settings, wich is dissapointing.

Obviously turning to Medium the Cube Map Reflexions pumps out the roof the FPS, but i don't want it like that as a solution.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%