Assetto Corsa updated to version 1.1.1

AC McLaren F1 GTR Dream Pack DLC Assetto Corsa.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni has released an update for Assetto Corsa just this morning.

The 100mb update was pushed to Steam and includes a series of hotfixes. There is no mod compatibility hotfix in the patch, as far as I know, but rumors say it's on the way.
Version 1.1.1 addresses in particular some issues with the game's launcher.
You can find the full changelog below.

In the meanwhile, how are you getting along with the 1.1 update and Dream Pack DLC? Do you think Assetto Corsa is heading in the right direction? And while you're at it, check out some awesome videos and screenshot in our AC gallery!

• Changelog version 1.1.1
  • Launcher: new option in Options > General to ignore Windows' display scaling
  • Launcher: launcher will now reset to default theme on version change
  • Launcher: potential fix for rare crash on exit
  • Launcher default theme: further additions to the handling of missing/problematic mod content
  • Added Visual Studio DLLs
  • Now correctly set replay speed for replay files recorded with older versions of AC
  • Improved exterior m235i backfire envelopment
  • Corrected C9 numbers on skin
  • Corrected Alfa GTA tyres naming
  • Custom post processes are now correctly located by the launcher in Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/ppfilters

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done all of the steps listed in the FAQ re problems with launching, ( which by the way involved having to learn what the instructions meant ), and it still doesn't work. I bought this program from Steam yesterday as a first time user both to Steam and gaming. If this is what I have to go through just to play a game then I'll take up a musical instrument instead. Why does the customer have to fix the sellers product?????

Its frustrating for you guys. So many reports of problems with the installation when the update & DLC was released. Could it be problems with Redist applications (ie. C++, dotNet, etc.)? Have you guys tried reinstalling these? Might be quite daunting as it's supposed to be automatic too when the game's installed. Just mentioned this as I've read some sugggesting it might be that the 32-bit version of the redistribution files have to be installed, even on Windows 64-bit.

I am having no issues so far. I removed all mod content and placed it on a separate drive before I updated, not sure if that helps or not, but it was taking up a ton of space on the SSD and I wasn't using most of it anyway. Takes only seconds to load a car or track anyway. Love the DLC so far:cool:

Re launcher , I had same issue, went to steam folder and completely deleted appcache folder in assetto corsa folder. Rebooted, new shortcut, bingo :)

Try it, it may solve.
Yeah. I actually had to start from scratch (w/c I now see as a blessing) when the downloading of the DLC changed the status of AC in steam from 'Play' to 'Install'. So I deleted Steam and downloaded from scratch, and no glitch from then on. Also, perhaps because of the other games I have installed already, the 32-bit redistribution files are already set in my PC.

• Launcher: potential fix for rare crash on exit
That is now fixed for me.

I thought V1.1 was the big patch that made it into a proper V1.0 but in reality we are still at V0.9 :)

For me it is just paid for DLC not a big fix for missing features and issues, it has caused more problems than it has solved for a lot of people. I have spent more time fixing it than driving it.

Hopefully for me this is start of a new beginning with AC for me literally as I have no settings or career from my previous install.

This game is a complete joke. All they've done is added some tracks and cars and left everything else either missing or broken.

This game is going nowhere.

Alan

This is a little bit unfair and exaggeration imo. Most of the people game works just fine. Yes, it is unfortunate that game doesn't work in some cases and some people. But that day when every game and program was working on every computer flawlessly never come back:(. Nowadays pc, softwares and especially Windows in itselsf is very complex and peoples have thousands and thousands of different scenarios of what os and softwares and hardware they have installed or what version of drivers everyone has. Therefore, theres millons of possibilitys what could go wrong when you launch a program. Devs don't have no way to test all these scenarios.

Best way to ensure your games and programs runs properly is to keep Computer as clean and empty from hundreds of unnecessary apps and programs as possible. More backround tasks the more possible conflicts between programs. And newest drivers, not only Graphic cards.

I know people who hasn't clean their Computer fo ages, every driver or even os is installed over old one, and when I look their backround task tab, theres wayyy too many programs in running. Then they complain that games don't work as they should, because their ps is so slow and full of all kind of **** and missing files etc.

I haven't have almost never any problems on any game. I don't know is it a good luck or what it is. Maybe I'm just a lucky person:)

Last edited:
Wzll I can't get steam to connect to the network, the "-tcp" fix hasn't helped. Could anyone help please?
Any way the few hours of v1.1 I played is awesome, no bugs or glitches so far plus I can actually run 20 car races with 30 frames a second!

When I read these posts it reminds me of the only issue with PC gaming, not everyone's system is the same, not everyone runs the same CPU, memory, O/S version, etc, etc.

So therefore you will always get issues, Raceroom is especially buggy for me and sometimes crashes loading tracks. Steam doesn't always want to sign me in, etc.

Sometimes these games need work to get running properly, they are not PS3, XBox consoles where the specs and setup are the same for all units.

I was lucky and AC works 100% for me, but yes, half my mods are playing up and will need work to get running properly. Out of all the games I have AC certainly puts the biggest amount of strain on the hardware setup I have. Project Cars is totally unplayable! haha.

We are all here to help each other out (I'm trying to sort my mates PC for him today). So it's always worth putting up your techy problem in the forums. There are some brilliant people on here to help :thumbsup:

I don't know why but since the very beginning of regular updates, even big ones .... I never had any problem.
The one and only problem is just in firewall recreate authorizations namely for acs.exe after a big update applying a new executable. ( NIS )

Maybe the method helps ? before updating
- unactivating all mods, tracks and apps with JSGME
- rename the Documents\Assetto Corsa to save everything needed
- updating
- launching game creating a new clean Documents\Assetto Corsa
- testing if no problem
- moving all necessary files from renamed documents to the new one folder by folder in order to know where the problem might be if a problem occured
- testing regularly
- if ok, reactivate apps, mods ( if no problem of upgrade need ), tracks.

At first sight until now, this seems to have given a good result ... or I'm very lucky !

But of course, I understand the reactions of those who have big problems.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 412 39.9%