Assetto Corsa Updated, Mazda 787B, Miata N/A and Porsche 911 RSR Added

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche 911 RSR 2017 2.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have today updated Assetto Corsa to build version 1.13, adding for free the classic Mazda 787B and Mazda Miata, plus the Porsche 911 RSR 2017 to Porsche VIII DLC owners.

The latest build update adds a considerable number of fixes and brand new features to Assetto Corsa, not least of which is the first pass at including HTC Vive VR support for the PC version of the game, revered grid races and mandatory pit stop window options for race events.

In something of a surprise move, the inclusion of reverse grids and mandatory pit windows are a very welcome addition from Kunos and should prove to be a very nice additional element of strategy for racing both in offline and multiplayer environments. Released in a statement as part of the build 1.13 change log notes, the reversed grid feature will reverse the full finishing order for the second race, with players who retired / disqualified from the first event placed at the rear of the field in retirement / disqualification order. This is a brilliant feature to add to the simulation and big thanks should go to Kunos for adding this extra element of functionality to the game.

The other stand out new racing option, mandatory pit window, is another surprise from the Italian developers. When explain how this feature will work, Kunos stated:

"Pit window can be added to the race session. As a design choice, players need to stop at their pit box within the pit window to have a valid pit stop. Players with pit boxes further down the pitlane need to take this into account before deciding on their strategy. Players may make additional pit stops before and after the pit window, but only making a mandatory stop in the indicated pit window will validate their race. Server admins must decide on a pit window that allows all players, regardless of their pit box position, to comfortably make a pit stop under normal racing conditions."

In other exciting and unexpected news, it looks like Kunos have made their first step towards potentially bringing driver swop functionality to the title (yey). A rather innocuous line in the change log that could easily be missed by those not of the keen eye looks like this - "Added car Steam ID sharing in entry list: each car in the entry list can feature multiple GUIDs. Players can share that car (one at once). The name inserted in the entry list is used as driver name." Now I'm not a technical guy so more than likely I wouldn't really know what this means and skim over it somewhat, however the gentleman responsible for coding this bit of line, Kunos staff member 65.Manu has offered this interesting explanation of the new coding:

"It's the 1st step to a more complete driver swap functionality: right now setup will not be shared (can be solved using server fixed setup system), the new player will have a brand new car and mandatory pit will not work (yet).

In order to have a more detailed system lot of time needs to be spent and structures need to be redone. Hopefully we will be able to add it without braking everything, but no promises here".
With such great endurance racing tracks and cars, a move towards supporting longer races and driver swop features is a very welcome move by Kunos and will go a long way towards opening up new and exciting possibilities with the game in online racing environments.

Moving away from feature releases and game fixes for a moment, Kunos are also adding three new cars to the simulation during this build, with the Mazda 787B of 1990's Le Mans fame and the somewhat slower but probably equally entertaining normally aspirated Mazda Miata both receiving some love as additional free official content. Both cars will be added to the simulation at no additional cost to PC players as part of the new update.

Assetto Corsa players who purchased the third and final instalment of the recent Porsche DLC packs will also have a nice new bonus as the much delayed 2017 edition of the 911 RSR is to make it's long awaited debut in game. Initially due to be included as part of the standard Volume III Porsche DLC pack, Kunos have had to delay development and release as they gather more data on a car that had at that stage seen precious little on track running. Now that Kunos have received access to the necessary data and spend time developing the car, the Italian studio have made good on their earlier promise and included the RSR as an update to the original Volume III Porsche DLC package. It is worth noting that this car will only be available to VIII DLC owners, and does not replace the 911 Turbo S that Kunos included initially as a stop gap measure to appease fans disappointed by the delay. You can see some images from the car and a nice little write up from Kunos below.
Assetto Corsa Porsche 911 RSR 2017.jpg

"While retaining the typical 911 design, this is the biggest evolution in the history of our top GT model,"

These are the words of Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser, head of Porsche Motorsport, on the all-new Porsche 911 RSR 2017. The 2017 Le Mans and WEC racing machine produces around 510bhp at 8000rpm and features a mid-engine configuration. This brand new Porsche GTE/GTD racecar has been designed from scratch, and features an ultra-modern, flat-six engine positioned in front of the real axle.

The latest build of Assetto Corsa (version 1.13) is available to download for Steam PC players right now and will download automatically next time you restart your Steam client. You can see the full changelog below:

Update v1.13
  • New Porsche 911 RSR 2017 for Porsche Pack 3
  • New Mazda MX-5 Miata NA
  • New Mazda 787B: mod skins made for the original 787B mod will need to be updated using the new template
  • Added OpenVR/Vive support (beta)
  • Fixed Mazda MX-5 ND setup ride height false indication
  • Fixed Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV gearbox damage
  • Adjusted Lotus 72D and Ferrari 312T tyre compound wear and heat ranges
  • Fixed Flag rendering for VR
  • Fixed colour balance for emissive items (lights+digital) when Post Processing is turned off
  • Added downshift protection alert (can be disabled through the launcher options
  • All GT2/GTE cars default to Medium tyres now (also for AI)
  • Fixed broken rendering when OCULUS mode is selected but no Oculus is actually connected
  • Added Pitstop arrows to DirectInput Dpad: bind to the wheel dPad: can be overidden by controls.ini [ADVANCED]DPAD_INDEX_OVERRIDE=0
  • Added Pitstop quickmenu + Setup pitstop strategy: this can be custumized and disabled by system/cfg/pitstop.ini [SETTINGS]USE_MOUSE_PITSTOP=0
  • Updated Fanatec library to support new wheel bases.
  • Fixed possible CPU warning when player gets retired.
Multiplayer Features
  • Added reversed grid races: The race session will be restarted in reversed grid order based on the standings of the previous race. Players disqualified in the first race will start from the back of the grid in the second race, regardless of their position being within the reversed grid range.
  • Added locked entry list in pickup mode: same as in booking mode, only players already included in the entry list can join the server (password not needed).
  • Added car Steam ID sharing in entry list: each car in the entry list can feature multiple GUIDs. Players can share that car (one at once). The name inserted in the entry list is used as driver name.
  • Fixed server result log not displaying invalid laps.
  • Fixed end-of-race session status for lapped players in lap races.
  • Added Mandatory Pit: A pit window can be added to the race session. As a design choice, players need to stop at their pit box within the pit window to have a valid pit stop. Players with pit boxes further down the pitlane need to take this into account before deciding on their strategy. Players may make additional pit stops before and after the pit window, but only making a mandatory stop in the indicated pit window will validate their race. Server admins must decide on a pit window that allows all players, regardless of their pit box position, to comfortably make a pit stop under normal racing conditions.
  • Updated Shared Memory
Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 by Kunos Simulazioni.

Assetto Corsa Mazda Miata.jpg

Assetto Corsa Mazda 787B.jpg

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Do you like the new update? Are you happy to see reverse grids / driver swops / mandatory pit windows? Do you like the new cars? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
That is a nice little surprise! I have missed the Miata ever since the mod became abandonware, but it's back with what feels like very lightly revised physics - daddy likes!
And thank god we can finally plan pitstops- might be time go go racing online in Ac again!

Updated Shared Memory
My Fast Dash android app hasn't been working for the last few builds, and was not working again today after the update, so I bought DashMeterPro for AC, because it rocks in my other sims.

It doesn't work... I get the message that "communication is OK" on my phone screen, but no movement of the gui when I'm in car:(

Any ideas? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Great stuff on the update Kunos, :) My pc is aslo very happy..:)

Would love to see a reworking on the replay system next to make it more user friendly and record all session etc. practice, qually, and race. like other sims do, 1000mb does not even seem to record all of my race :(
having to rename it, is also real pain.
It's really hurting the club racing if we cant record the whole race.

But keep up the good work it is all worth it in the end.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Would love to see a reworking on the replay system next to make it more user friendly and record all session etc. practice, qually, and race. like other sims do, 1000mb does not even seem to record all of my race :(

Lower replay quality to lowest. Visually it is almost the same as the highest.

I have mine set to 895 Mb in high Quality ,The longest replay I have right now is 49 minutes ( 653 mb ) That gave me Quali , warmup, and race ( 25 minutes ) sounds like there is something wrong with your settings or HDD space

Lower replay quality to lowest. Visually it is almost the same as the highest.
Cheers:thumbsup:
i did do some testing on the lower setting and agree there was not much difference, I cant run all the setting on max any way. you must need a beast of a machine to do that,, maybe one day..:roflmao::roflmao:
I had it set to max as it was default and got about 30 mins of a hour club race:(
Do you know how long it will record for on the lower setting, at 1000mb, it would be useful to know. :)

I have mine set to 895 Mb in high Quality ,The longest replay I have right now is 49 minutes ( 653 mb ) That gave me Quali , warmup, and race ( 25 minutes ) sounds like there is something wrong with your settings or HDD space

I'll have to check my settings because I have the same situation as Rupe, I have it on the largest replay size and I'm lucky to get all of a 30 minute race.

Hi @Stig Bidstrup
it records to my Documents on my C drive which is a 240 gig ssd with over 80gig of free space.
at the end of the race i had 1,131,564kb used and it only recorded about 30 mins of the 1hour race,
i did not go out the server or rename them at any point during the evening though...
I am knew to the sim and assumed it would record it all like my other sims do.. my bad..:)

Any way im getting of topic in this tread, so id best make a new post and ask for help..:)

Hi @Stig Bidstrup
it records to my Documents on my C drive which is a 240 gig ssd with over 80gig of free space.
at the end of the race i had 1,131,564kb used and it only recorded about 30 mins of the 1hour race,
i did not go out the server or rename them at any point during the evening though...
I am knew to the sim and assumed it would record it all like my other sims do.. my bad..:)

Any way im getting of topic in this tread, so id best make a new post and ask for help..:)
Okay I have some replays over 30 minutes that you can try ( I will post in Social Box ;) later ) I have a race to attend now :redface:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%