Assetto Corsa Update 1.17 Released for PlayStation 4

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa PS4 Bonus Pack 3.jpg

Assetto Corsa has been updated and the Bonus Pack 3 released on PlayStation 4!

Despite some issues that cause the game to crash with certain cars, currently under investigation by the developers, Assetto Corsa was updated yesterday for PlayStation 4 and now includes the brand new Bonus Pack 3 DLC - seven new cars from the likes of Maserati, Pagani, Alfa Romeo and Lamborghini.

Although now available on both PC and PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox console owners will have to wait just a little while longer as the new update continues to work through the Microsoft verification process. No release date has been ventured by the developers as yet, however it is expected the update will be made available in the very near future.

So what's in the new and free bonus pack? Well players will be getting a laser scanned Laguna Seca and the following cars:
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
  • Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
  • Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
  • Lamborghini Huracan Performante
  • Maserati Quattroporte
  • Pagani Huayra BC
  • Maserati Alfieri Concept Car
Oh and did I mention, it's all free!

If you want to have a taste of the excitement to come, check out the below 'Talk and Drive' interview we ran recently with Kunos physics developer Aristotelis Vasilakos below;

Assetto Corsa is available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

PS4 players! Have you tried the new update yet? Do you like the new cars? Pleased with Assetto Corsa on console? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Sold the soul to dlcs... gives away laserscanned laguna seca. Pure evil.

Even if they made a paid dlc to include laguna seca it didn't mean they did that. 2014/15 had plenty of dlcs before any thing to do with 505. It was a business model they followed early on and it was actually good for the players since that way Kunos had means to offer new and licensed content, which wouldn't be possible if they wouldn't charge for it. Which is also a consequence of not so big amount of content in the original game, due to low initial budget, that anything more had to come using the paid dlc model.

Assetto on Xbox has had it's issues for sure but it's still a damn great sim which I am more than happy we get the chance to race with. We have been running a really fun series of races on it for some time here at RD and it's proven to be massively enjoyable for those that have taken the time to compete. There have been frustrations along the way and the dlc issues and long gaps between updates have of course caused some real angst but I for one have been more than happy to wait the problems out and just enjoy the game with what we have each time.

Things like leaderboards would be nice to have of course but once the multiplayer side of it became stable I have not even touched the hot lapping side of the game so it's no longer that big an issue for me. Would I like ot see it included.. Yes, should it have been included.. Yes, does it prevent me enjoying the game \ sim.. Not in the slightest. There are places to go where you can still enjoy that mode of the game with the times collated daily for you. I had masses of fun doing that before getting into the online racing aspect of it.

Not sure about this single digit framerate problem mentioned earlier in this thread. Yes there are some times when the game can struggle but in the main it's fine. Not up to PC standards of course but perfectly playable.

The multiplayer lobby side of it is fine.. a bit clunky.. maybe... but certainly nothing that causes too many problems once you get used to it. I have been hoisting our races for some time now and getting people into the races ceased to be a problem long ago. No major problem for me there.

Lack of fairness is the one thing we can't accuse Kunos Simulazioni of.
I think given their supply of content at extremely reasonable price, we need to be fair.
The difference in a one digit version number doesn't mean a thing either.
We have in some cases, received multiple cars and tracks for what others charge for one single track.
It's a bit 'nuts' to come in talking about 'nickel and dime' with regard to this game.
Sector3 may give a free base game but at $6+ for the sought after tracks and paid for skins...you soon spend way more for much less content.
When was the last time they gave you something for free, simply as a 'thank you'?

Not necessarily free....but Sector3 have allowed you to test all the cars in the game for free before buying and they have also made a few a cars available for esport competitions....Merc DTM...remember the mini cooper at launch?

I feel every racing game should have a "try before you buy" if they offer paid content or DLC......hint, hint iracing ;)

I feel the biggest issues regarding pc to console ports is the lack of power in the original consoles. My aging pc is much powerful than the original Xbox and ps4 and it struggles at times with the current sims. I5 3570k with SLI gtx 970s and 16gb ram so I can't even imagine how much has been trimmed to make it work on the consoles.

I don't own a ps4 but has kunos released an updated version of the game that offers more features and better performance for the ps4 pro owners?
If I am not mistaken Xbox has been doing this for certain One X titles.

Last edited:
I don't own a ps4 but has kunos released an updated version of the game that offers more features and better performance for the ps4 pro owners?
If I am not mistaken Xbox has been doing this for certain One X titles.

Sadly no Kunos haven't made any use of the PS4 Pro or Xbox One X 'enhanced' power or resolution upgrades available. The game does run at higher frame rates on both the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, not the 60fps sometimes claimed but much better, certainly in the 40-50fps range most of the time, than on the base machines which still often struggle to reach 30fps and have some awful pop in on tracks like Catalunya.

Sadly no Kunos haven't made any use of the PS4 Pro or Xbox One X 'enhanced' power or resolution upgrades available. The game does run at higher frame rates on both the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, not the 60fps sometimes claimed but much better, certainly in the 40-50fps range most of the time, than on the base machines which still often struggle to reach 30fps and have some awful pop in on tracks like Catalunya.
Do you have an fps counter you can look at while playing on console? No you don't have because there isn't an fps counter like on pc games. The videos I found on youtube (using an external method to graph the fps) showing an fps graph for original and updated consoles the difference is a bit considerable, but it goes more like this: xbox one - in the heavier areas/more cars together or certain track parts - 38 fps to 50 and normally between 50 and 60.

For the xbox one x/ps4 pro even in the heavier areas it hardly goes below 50. Ps4 pro <base mode> between ~48-52 fps and <boost mode> very stable on 60fps.

Please go ahead and show a video of AC on consoles struggling to reach 30fps. Your eyes can't count frames per second, although you can notice fps drops and screen tearing. So you reporting those figures from your home experience doesn't correlate with actual fps tests done by specialized channels.

@Paul Jeffrey the Xbox One patch has now also released, will this be getting a main page story?

The good news is, unlike the PS4 version, this time the Xbox One version appears to work without crashing the console. The new cars and tracks can be used as desired on commercial consoles. PS4 issues persist.

Unfortunately it isn't just good news and there are a couple of glaring issues:

Framerate. Even on the Xbox One X the framerate slows significantly in corners. Try a combination like the Huracan Performante at Catalunya and the mid corner framerate drops to sub 20 fps. This in turn causes car control issues. Laguna Seca works much better and holds a higher framerate which begs the question is this to do with better opimised tracks later in development.

Missing content. As with the PS4 version the Special Events for the new cars is missing, this is despite Marco's recent claims of parity with the PC version. These events have been late for every patch released and usually Kunos promise parity with the next patch. As this is reportedly the final patch it is unclear if Kunos are going to honour their word of PC parity.

For once though at least this patch actually works first time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 89 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 99 14.0%