Assetto corsa tracks page on RD

Hi,

So I was wondering if there is a plan to add a new tab for track skins. Because I see a lot of skins for tracks coming out lately and my issue with it, is that I don't see or find the track related to a particular skin. It would be nice to have it less messy in that matter. To have separate locations for tracks and track skins, like for the car mods. Also, mainly, at least, put the link for the track associated with the skin.

If my post is irrelevant or whatever, just remove it. I won't cry hahaha

Thank you!

I see a lot of skins for tracks coming out lately

Also, mainly, at least, put the link for the track associated with the skin.

And what if the track creator (who could have spent months making their track to look exactly the way they wanted) does not like the skin, or doesn't sanction the changes made?
Not speaking as a staff member just a personal observation.
Surely as a mark of respect anyone wanting to add a skin should in the first instance contact the track creator and explain what changes they intend in relation to the track. Some changes such as adding autumn colours might be acceptable and permission easily given.
However the time, dedication and effort that goes into making a track, that is often the modders unique vision must always take priority. IMHO.

And what if the track creator (who could have spent months making their track to look exactly the way they wanted) does not like the skin, or doesn't sanction the changes made?
I completely understand your point of view. Seeing how great your tracks are and the effort put in(it shows!)!
Actually, for me, it wasn't really the skin I'm interested in, but rather the track! So, when I see a skin for a track I didn't try, I go thinking I'll find the track...but sadly, not really often. So, when I click on the "track" tab, I expect a track.. not a skin. But for the skins unrelated to original track creators, permissions, etc. Yes, that could be something to talk about.

Not speaking as a staff member just a personal observation.
Surely as a mark of respect anyone wanting to add a skin should in the first instance contact the track creator and explain what changes they intend in relation to the track. Some changes such as adding autumn colours might be acceptable and permission easily given.
However the time, dedication and effort that goes into making a track, that is often the modders unique vision must always take priority. IMHO.
I agree with you.

I completely understand your point of view. Seeing how great your tracks are and the effort put in(it shows!)!
Actually, for me, it wasn't really the skin I'm interested in, but rather the track! So, when I see a skin for a track I didn't try, I go thinking I'll find the track...but sadly, not really often. So, when I click on the "track" tab, I expect a track.. not a skin. But for the skins unrelated to original track creators, permissions, etc. Yes, that could be something to talk about.

I agree with you.
there has been a lot of talk about splitting up the track section between full standalone track mods and "enhancements", meaning track skins, CSP config etc. Similar regarding cars, where we're currently missing something to put especially CSP enhancements and replacement physics into. No changes so far sadly :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back