Assetto Corsa Tipo 33 Stradale 'Bonus Pack' DLC Preview Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Tipo 33 stradale 2.jpg

Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulazioni has been teasing content again, this time showing us a couple of tantalising images from the upcoming Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale...

No release date has been issued by the Italian developers as yet, however with Kunos founder Massarutto taking to social media with teaser images from the new content it is not beyond the realms of possibility to wonder if a release is closer than we might imagine, potentially even possible for a 2017 launch window to help us all get through the usual festive activities that often occur during the month of December.

In the latest batch of image teasers Massarutto has giving us a first glimpse of the stunning Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale, one of the stand out vehicles that look set to form part of the six strong pack coming to Assetto Corsa for free as part of the 'Bonus Pack 3' DLC.

Not only will these six cars be added to the simulation at no extra cost, the studio will also be throwing in a fully laser scanned version of the Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway circuit, one of the most iconic and visually stunning racing locations in the United States of America and surely a potential fan favourite when it hits AC in the near future.

So in case you had forgotten, here is the run down of the 'Bonus Pack 3' DLC and our recent interview with the developers as they discuss the new content...

Bonus Pack 3 DLC Contents:
  • Laguna Seca
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
  • Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
  • Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
  • Lamborghini Huracan Performante
  • Maserati Quattroporte
  • Pagani Huayra BC
  • Maserati Alfieri concept car* thanks to @ShredatorFIN for the spot. Source post #4
Assetto Corsa Tipo 33 stradale 1.jpg

Missed the first announcement? No worries, check out our initial feature article HERE.

Want to see an image of the recently teased Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio? Check THIS out.

Want to learn more about what goes on behind the scenes at Kunos Simulazioni and what is in store for this upcoming free update? Well we asked the man with the plan in Germany recently, find out what he had to say below:

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the 'Bonus Pack 3' DLC coming to AC? Which car from the list appeals the most? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Awesome news, good spot! Thank you :)
Not really mine, some Italian speaker had noticed it on AC forum "social media" thread. But thought I'd pass it along. There's the video, for those who understand the language.

At 13:20 or so the Alfieri is shown for quite some time, interior too. Actually seems to have footage of all of the bonus cars, if I'm not mistaken. Not very great quality of course.

Last edited:
During the Steam Sales that ended Monday, I voted Assetto Corsa by Kunos Simulazioni the "Labour Of Love" Award, for the Four Years of development, and hard work the whole team at Kunos Simulazioni have put into developing Assetto Corsa, from the very first One Car on One Track, to what we have today in Assetto Corsa.
Thank you to the complete Team, the Modders, and the community, that has made Assetto Corsa what it is today......Thank You all.

Will be nice to have an official laser scanned Laguna. Running a Laguna mod now off here though which is actually very well done. It is pretty darn close to iRacing's Laguna.

I really, really, really, really, really wish someone would do a version of Thunderhill though. Official, mod, whatever, I'll take it.

Will be nice to have an official laser scanned Laguna. Running a Laguna mod now off here though which is actually very well done. It is pretty darn close to iRacing's Laguna.

I really, really, really, really, really wish someone would do a version of Thunderhill though. Official, mod, whatever, I'll take it.
I’ve been wanting T Hill for years...

I don't know if this will be possible from the side of the devs, but this Alfa reminded me that I definitely WANT a Lancia Stratos in this game. Either road legal or rally -or both :D- but I want it. It has been one of my dream car for years and I want to experience it in a more serious way.

Laguna Seca is a fun little track, it'll be interesting to compare with the iRacing version. Hopefully adding some US content will help spread Assetto Corsa's appeal there a bit.

Laguna Seca is a fun little track, it'll be interesting to compare with the iRacing version. Hopefully adding some US content will help spread Assetto Corsa's appeal there a bit.
About this I am really curious myself. I remember looking at the user stats for Assetto Corsa (https://steamdb.info/app/244210/graphs/) during Thanksgiving and there was a definite increase of users with peak at 3000+ concurrent players, a number that AC usually does on weekends. As I am a European and we do not have Thanksgiving here, that makes me think the AC user base from USA must be at least decent, even though AC doesn't do NASCAR or Indycar.
upload_2017-12-4_18-21-30.png

Not really mine, some Italian speaker had noticed it on AC forum "social media" thread. But thought I'd pass it along. There's the video, for those who understand the language.

At 13:20 or so the Alfieri is shown for quite some time, interior too. Actually seems to have footage of all of the bonus cars, if I'm not mistaken. Not very great quality of course.

manual Giulia, yes!:rolleyes:

Is the street version similar enough to the 33/2 that a re-skinned Stradale might serve as a racer too?
The racer had tabs at the front to reduce aero lift and the engine would likely have been more powerful in some way and, the obvious difference, race tires. Even in that period, race rubber was substantially better than street rubber.

Is the street version similar enough to the 33/2 that a re-skinned Stradale might serve as a racer too?
More specifics on the differences between Stradale and racecar:

The two prototypes are the only ones to have dual headlight arrangement. This was redesigned be Scaglione on the following production cars due to regulations on minimum headlight distance from the ground.

The engine used four chain-driven camshafts to operate the valve train and had a rev-limit of 10,000 rpm. The engine produced 230 hp (172 kW) at 8,800 rpm in road trim and 270 bhp (201 kW) in race trim. The engine valves are operated via chain-driven double-overhead cams and has a 10.5:1 compression ratio. Because every Stradale is hand built and unique the power levels can vary by car, used rpms etc., for example the first production Stradale (No. 750.33.101) has factory datasheet that claims 243 hp (181 kW) at 9,400 rpm with a "street" exhaust and 254 hp (189 kW) with open exhaust.

Stradale has 10 cm longer wheelbase than the race cars.
In 1968 the Stradale was the fastest commercially available car in the standing kilometer with time of 24.0 seconds

Aristotelis about the Alfieri on official forums:

"Hi guys, thanks for watching our live videos from Monza Rally Show, sorry for being only in Italian for this event.

Just to let you know a bit more about the Maserati Alfieri, because in the video I was about to do a longer talk about it, but somehow we've managed to say practically nothing and obviously confused you, sorry again.

So I started developing the car with plans from the future maserati alfieri. So AWD, biturbo engine and waiting to hear from Maserati if it was going to be electric, hybrid or whatever... but in the middle of development, Maserati asked us to work on the actual concept car as presented to the public.
So the Alfieri you're getting is the actual real concept with the GranTurismo big V8 engine and RWD (yee!) It's lighter and shorter than the GranTurismo so more agile too. It also has the amazing cockpit which works like some kind of top class handcrafted sportswatch, really cool.
And that's it, cheers!"

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...al-networks-thread.35257/page-974#post-942758

• Deleted member 205301

...Laguna Seca and the 33 stradale are great addition ...the other things have no interest for me (only my opinion, glad that people are happy) ...maybe this "sim" now deserves some updates on physics , sounds, tyre model and graphics (and maybe they should re-work some car that are really "weird") ...and maybe I'm dreaming...
@++

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back