Assetto Corsa Thrustmaster TX Settings

For anyone using the Thrustmaster TX wheel, I figured I would post some settings to get you started in this game.

In the TM Control Panel:

DOR: 900 degrees
Overall FFB: 85%
Constant: 100%
Periodic: 100%
Spring: 100% (Not affected in this game but there are other games that rely on this setting for proper FFB)
Damper: 0% (Or your preference)

In game settings:

Overall FFB: 65-70%
Filter: 0%
Damper: 0%
Kerb Effects: 50%
Road Effects: 60%
Slip Effects: 40%

Everything else at default settings.

Last edited:
OK cool thanks I'm at the stage of trial and error at the moment, i just don't feel as one with the cars in braking and steering. I did a bit bit of career OMG the lotus cars are shocking and that 2 eleven is undriveable what a POS i gave up so frustrating.

Here are mine I sent to Ryan earlier on. I guess he liked them, so can't be pure ****....

Control Panel:
900 degrees
85% Strength all forces
100% Constant
100% Periodic
0% Spring
100% Damper
0% By the wheel centering, Auto-Center by the game.

AC:
900 degrees rotation
91% Gain
0% Filter
2% Minimum force
65% Kerb effects
0% Road effects
23% Slip effects
1.00 Gamma
0.00 Filter
0.00 Speed sensitivity

in assettocorsa/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini:
[FORCE_FEEDBACK]
FF_SKIP_STEPS=0

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.01
DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

I see no reason to not run the overall strength as high as I have, as the FFB growth remains linear, and overheating issues can be dealt with always running the fan forced on. OK, I get a bit of clipping but that can be dealt with by tuning down the car-specific FFB strength.

The damper effect in control panel affects the gyro damper I have enabled, and gives a subtle effect by reducing oscillations in high speed or in a drift. It also enables the low-speed FFB damping in AC (:inlove: km/h) to prevent odd FFB artifacts when getting moving.

The kerb effects are there only to give a nice jolt when driving over a kerb, purely personal preference. The slip effects however are absolutely vital to me, especially when driving a non-ABS car. Some slip effect makes it a million times easier to tell the point where you start losing grip, and allows anyone to drive a non-ABS car without locking up so often. Slip effect also makes climbing up the dorifto mountain much easier :rolleyes:

The road effects only give a nasty high-frequency shake or a buzz, no point in even trying them with these wheels.

I hope this is of some use :)

I brought my overall gain in AC to 85 %, seems fine after that. Some cars still clip more than others, but really nothing unmanageable :)

Slip effects feel now better at a bit lower %, currently running 20% Weird...

Hoping someone can help me.
Moved from XB1 to PC, loving the graphics but hating the lack of function assignments to the wheel.
I doubt race drivers are whizzing along with a keyboard to change ABS bias/turbo etc. They do all this using buttons on their steering wheel.
Whilst the TX isn't quite the same as a two racecars wheel, it does have a bunch of buttons that for whatever reason Kunos seems to have decided were pointless to use for assignment of functions.
Hoping I'm wrong and there's a way to assign some of the keyboard functions to perfectly operational steering wheel buttons!
And there isn't a TX profile, even though it's the must popular wheel version! I wonder of the T500 profile will allow button assignment or if it's just for FFB settings?
Cheers.

Hoping someone can help me.
Moved from XB1 to PC, loving the graphics but hating the lack of function assignments to the wheel.
I doubt race drivers are whizzing along with a keyboard to change ABS bias/turbo etc. They do all this using buttons on their steering wheel.
Whilst the TX isn't quite the same as a two racecars wheel, it does have a bunch of buttons that for whatever reason Kunos seems to have decided were pointless to use for assignment of functions.
Hoping I'm wrong and there's a way to assign some of the keyboard functions to perfectly operational steering wheel buttons!
And there isn't a TX profile, even though it's the must popular wheel version! I wonder of the T500 profile will allow button assignment or if it's just for FFB settings?
Cheers.
There's a thread (or more) in AC forums about this, and yes they don't work (yet?). As an alternative, you can perhaps use some controller emulators like xpadder or joy2key to map keyboard presses to buttons.

There's a thread (or more) in AC forums about this, and yes they don't work (yet?). As an alternative, you can perhaps use some controller emulators like xpadder or joy2key to map keyboard presses to buttons.
Thanks for the response. I actually found a way to map buttons.
There's an option in the controls are to "combine with keyboard" and that then allows assignment to wheel!
Obviously there's not enough buttons on the wheel to map everything, but enough to map the more important things. Hope this helps.

For anyone using the Thrustmaster TX wheel, I figured I would post some settings to get you started in this game.

In the TM Control Panel:

Periodic: 0%
Spring:0 % (Not affected in this game but there are other games that rely on this setting for proper FFB)
And use clip app
In game settings:

Overall FFB: 65-70%
Kerb Effects: 50%
Road Effects: 60%
Slip Effects: 40%

Everything else at default settings.
@EsnN

Updated for v1.0.1 patch. The FFB has been tweaked by Kunos over the last few patches so I figured it due for another update. Overall the FFB has been weakened compared to older settings since the overall FFB slider now goes to 200% so these settings should help with the feel since the latest updates.

In the TM Control Panel:

Periodic: 100%
Spring: 100% (Not affected in this game but there are other games that rely on this setting for proper FFB)

In game settings:

Overall FFB: 90-95%
Minimum Force: 10%
Kerb Effects: 60%
Road Effects: 30%
Slip Effects: 30%

Hi everyone, I’m new here so forgive me if I ask something dumb. I have just got Assetto Corsa and I’m using my thrustmaster tx wheel. When I’m on the in game settings I can’t map anything to the buttons on the wheel, eg lights etc. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%