Assetto Corsa Thrustmaster TX Settings

For anyone using the Thrustmaster TX wheel, I figured I would post some settings to get you started in this game.

In the TM Control Panel:

DOR: 900 degrees
Overall FFB: 85%
Constant: 100%
Periodic: 100%
Spring: 100% (Not affected in this game but there are other games that rely on this setting for proper FFB)
Damper: 0% (Or your preference)

In game settings:

Overall FFB: 65-70%
Filter: 0%
Damper: 0%
Kerb Effects: 50%
Road Effects: 60%
Slip Effects: 40%

Everything else at default settings.

Last edited:
Updated for v1.0 RC patch. The FFB has been tweaked by Kunos over the last few patches so I figured it due for an update. Overall the FFB has been weakened in my opinion so these settings should help with the feel since the latest updates.

In the TM Control Panel:

Spring: 100% (Not affected in this game but there are other games that rely on this setting for proper FFB)

In game settings:

Overall FFB: 75%
Kerb Effects: 60%
Road Effects: 30%
Slip Effects: 30%

Last edited:
I really like your wheel settings Mike but i have some weird vibrations inside the wheel and i don't know how to eliminate that, do u have any idea?

Its probably the road setting if its not happening when you're braking. Try lowering the road setting to 0% and see if it goes away, if that's it, then raise it back up in 10% increments until it feels right.

Most people call those "canned effects" and some people don't like them at all and set them all to 0%, but I feel AC does a good job with these effects compared to a lot of games so I like to use them. If you're not using a full motion sim rig, the wheel is the only piece of equipment you have to give you feedback on what the car is doing and these "canned effects" add a lot to me. Its much easier to modulate throttle and braking with the slip effect. The slip effect is very easily felt when the tires are breaking traction during acceleration or braking. The road effect is certainly user preference, but I feel it enhances the immersion and connectivity to the road.

Last edited:
Updated for v1.0 RC patch. The FFB has been tweaked by Kunos over the last few patches so I figured it due for an update. Overall the FFB has been weakened in my opinion so these settings should help with the feel since the latest updates.

In the TM Control Panel:

In game settings:

Overall FFB: 75%
Kerb Effects: 70%
Road Effects: 50%
Slip Effects: 40%

I'm interested in your spring settings in the TM control panel. I've always been lead to believe that should be on 0% I'm not a car techie so don't really know what that does anyway, can you explain cheers.

I'm interested in your spring settings in the TM control panel. I've always been lead to believe that should be on 0% I'm not a car techie so don't really know what that does anyway, can you explain cheers.

It doesn't matter in AC, its not used. You can set it at 0 or 100% and it won't change anything in AC but there's a few racing games that rely on that setting to get proper FFB, Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends is one of them. If you set Spring to 0%, you will have 0 FFB. To be honest, I've found far fewer games that are actually effected by that setting which is probably why some people set it to 0% and don't notice, but the flip side of that is that because its unused in most games, even if you set it to 100%, it won't change the in-game FFB. Almost every racing game/sim I have relies heavily on the overall gain obviously and the Constant and Periodic gain settings. The Spring and Damper settings rarely ever get used.

It doesn't matter in AC, its not used. You can set it at 0 or 100% and it won't change anything in AC but there's a few racing games that rely on that setting to get proper FFB, Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends is one of them. If you set Spring to 0%, you will have 0 FFB. To be honest, I've found far fewer games that are actually effected by that setting which is probably why some people set it to 0% and don't notice, but the flip side of that is that because its unused in most games, even if you set it to 100%, it won't change the in-game FFB. Almost every racing game/sim I have relies heavily on the overall gain obviously and the Constant and Periodic gain settings. The Spring and Damper settings rarely ever get used.
Ah right, thanks for that.

Are you still driving with these settings since the last patches? If i put the TM ffb to 85% and the ingame ffb to 65-70% i don't feel anything :/

Yes, this should still be working fine. When you say you don't feel anything, do you mean absolutely no FFB at all? If so, something is not set correctly on your end.

Ermm i just tried 70% and it is not as bad as i thought ^_^
By no ffb i meant weak ffb but i was mistaken: the forces are so high at "eau rouge" and "blanchimont" (in spa) that they make anything else feel very weak in comparison. I wish i could lower the high speed forces only

Ermm i just tried 70% and it is not as bad as i thought ^_^
By no ffb i meant weak ffb but i was mistaken: the forces are so high at "eau rouge" and "blanchimont" (in spa) that they make anything else feel very weak in comparison. I wish i could lower the high speed forces only

Its going to vary depending on the car of course. High downforce cars are going to feel much stronger, the BMW Z3 GT3 car is a prime example. You can however adjust each car's FFB individually right before each race.

@EsnN

Updated for v1.0.1 patch. The FFB has been tweaked by Kunos over the last few patches so I figured it due for another update. Overall the FFB has been weakened compared to older settings since the overall FFB slider now goes to 200% so these settings should help with the feel since the latest updates.

In the TM Control Panel:

In game settings:

Overall FFB: 90-95%
Minimum Force: 10%
Kerb Effects: 60%
Road Effects: 30%
Slip Effects: 30%

Last edited:

Latest News