Assetto Corsa | The Porsche 911 RSR Sound Mod Is Just Insane!

Check out this awesome video from the ever happy sim racing YouTube star Jardier, as he checks out an awesome piece of community created content.
  • Assetto Corsa mod to improve audio of the Porsche 911 RSR.
  • YouTube influencer Jardier shares his experience (video).
  • Links to download.
Is it just me but is your YouTube recommend videos full of sim-racing content? Sometimes it's difficult to know what to watch and which videos will be truly entertaining. Well, with Jardier you can almost always expect to be entertained, the friendly Czech is somehow always on form and manages to find interesting topics to talk about.

So I gave this video from Jardier a watch and oh my word, what a find. He demos this absolutely incredible sound mod for the Porsche 911 RSR by @ACFAN and I can quite simply say, this blew me away. I would say this Porsche sounds as good as anything I have ever heard in any sim, and I'm glad it's this car that ACFAN decided to tackle, as it's one of the best sounding cars in real life too.

Footer.jpg

It's incredible to see such incredible new life being injected to Assetto Corsa, it's looking and sounding every bit a top tier simulation for 2020. There isn't much more to say other than, just listen to this thing and download the mod yourself and enjoy some of this beautiful music.

Porsche 911 RSR Sound Mod Download | Click Here.

Jardier YouTube Channel | Click Here.

Assetto Corsa is available for PC and console now.

Got a question and need some help with answers? No worries, head over to the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment, start a new thread, and let the community be your guide!

Footer 2.jpg

Yeah my mate was saying with such a huge amount of real world car samples on youtube it must be a sound modders dream.
Indeed and modders aren't tied by copyrights, Kunos probably were. Would imagine they had to either record it from real car themselves or do some substitute, like digital mockup or record some other car with similar engine

Don't know what paymod makers use, maybe tracing back a sound that was combined from multiple videos is pretty hard. Dunno if they have to worry about video copyrights, or if it's real recordings. Some paymods have really good sound too, beating AC1 official sounds easily.

But in videos, I'd imagine the hard part is that all sounds are all lumped into same waveform, separating them into clean samples.. seems like witchcraft

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 77 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.4%
  • < 5 years