Assetto Corsa Technology Preview Released

The long awaited moment is here. Kunos Simulazioni released the Technology Preview of Assetto Corsa for current owners of netKar Pro. Grab your paycode, read the instructions below and go nuts!

What is the AC Technology Preview?
It is a playable, no-time limited benchmark that allow gamers to get their first taste of Assetto Corsa engine. This version includes one car, one track, different difficulty levels and two play modes: free practice and time attack. Playing this version and reporting back feedback, benchmarks and bugs, players allow the development team to fix issues and improve the final version of Assetto Corsa, before its release.

Who can access this AC Technology Preview?
Who has purchased a copy of netKar PRO since 2006 can use his netKar Pro activation code to activate the AC Tech Preview.
All gamers who will purchase a copy of netKar PRO until March 1 will receive the link to download the AC Tech Preview for free: until March, 1, they will be able to buy a copy of netKar PRO for just 4,99 Eur, saving 70% of the full price.

Game features
This software allow gamers to drive the Lotus Elise SC on the italian track of Magione, reproduced using the advanced Laserscan Technology. This version is compatible with keyboard, Xpad 360, joysticks, steering wheels and any kind of customizable game devices.

Minimum PC requirements
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Operative System
CPU: Intel Celeron
RAM: 2 Gigabytes
DirectX 11 graphics card (ex: Nvidia GTS 450 / AMD Radeon HD5770) NOTE: AC graphics engine supports also DirectX 10.1 compatible graphic cards (ATI 4800 HD / Nvidia 8600 GT)
Click here to download the AC Tech Preview (mirror 2, mirror 3, mirror 4)
Click here to visit the Assetto Corsa forums for any feedback, support and other questions you might have.
Enjoy!

Please put your feedback in the comments below

Just a hunch here, but I would figure it will be like Netkar Pro; demo and game comes out at same time, you download whole game to get access to one car and track and paycode unlocks full game.

mmmhhm ofcourse I don't know... but I would think the final of AC would get a bit to big for such thing...
at the moment we only have elise with magione and it's already half the size of nkp...

just playing around with the camera_onboard.ini ... nice how much I can give it the tiouch I like... a bit wider fov.. so I see the apex better and have a better periphial view.. don't like that narrow fovs that much...although the ac standart fov is quite nice.. but I personally prefer 70 here in ac instead of 60... (have 90 in iracing.. but I think it's differend calculated because 90 is realy strange here even for me :D)... it's just this feel that I have this plates which race horses get.. with narrow fovs... maybe because I have a periphial vision of about 180° in reallife (that seems to differ from people to people)..

however not only the fov is now right... but that I can effect the g-force impact and so... I know was already possible in nkp.. but was abit weird there to rough... her in AC it feels very good and natural.. even on usually to high settings it still has some "normal feel" only that the neck becomes jelly but the movement still feels natural...
also nice is that for the up down effekt it is the car that moves not the head.. well in reallife the head moves.. but the eyes are balancing that.. so you can realy dial in a nice feel of the car movement... which make the whole thing abit more intense... that is one thing I loved at gtr2 the movement... and with this settings I can get quite good to what I like... it's more intense .. but I personally also drive better if I feel/see a bit more movement of the car... it just get me more inside it...

however ... WHO PROGRAMMED THE SHAKE ALGORYTHM ?!?!?!??!??!
it's like the car is running on 4 legs with each a differend lenght loool
I know it's not supposed to be to set high... and should obvoisly only be there to get just a tiny bit of shake for the speed feel.. (which is very good btw with the normal settings..)
but I was curious to see what it do.. so I turned it up... to 0.1 0.1 0.1 I was rofling

(this last point about the shaking is ofcourse meant in a fun way... nothing to worry all fine.. the movement is just so silly funny if you crank it up :D )

realy nice how the g movement and so is done...

update:.. :) hmm went back to the original.. ini... at least fov.. it's already great at standart value.. no need to extra periphial here in AC somehow.. the look/ view feels just right.. very good periphel view.. but also very very natural distance feel... at higher fov I got my break points and stuff wrong becaus I couldn't judge the distance right...(which is ofcourse normal for fov changing)
not decided yet if I use my edited g whobble stuff or the standart values.. after switching back the standart also felt good... :D

lol this is pretty funny, (from iRacing forum)

If there is one thing I have learned from trying the tech demo....shocks definitely can be modeled correctly in a sim. The way that car rolls over feels awesome.
Do you really think a Lotus should roll over that much? I don't even think my Jetta rolls over that much. Feels more like a stock Mustang. I'd expect that to have a fair amount of body roll, but not a Lotus.

I do like a lot about AC though. Tires actually feel like rubber. You can correct slides very naturally. It's also fun to do burn-outs since it actually feels like a real car and not like what iR have decided spinning tires feels like. I like the behavior of the front tires when you go in too deep. The tires try to turn, but you feel them losing grip and pushing straight ahead.

OK late to the game as I've been busy, apologies if most of this is covered but I hav'nt had a chance to read every thread/post yet!

Graphics are good for a start, better than RF2s but not miles ahead IMO, FFB feels weak but have yet to play with the settings so will fiddle with that now (G25). The APPS thing is simply fantastic, great thinking with that, Look Left/Right does'nt work for me. Menu UI is great, ISI could learn a thing or two about decent design like this, Sounds are good, 5.1 is great, Elise sounds rubbish in real life but even so the ingame sounds need a bit more.....something to them...curbs and sand is just fine so far. How do you get the HUD up if there even is one? thats the ony thing bugging me right now.

Aristotelis any help with my bizzare problem buddy or the team??

im on triple screen, but installed AC on 1 screen, went into game & the menu/game keeps freezing every 30 seconds or so / crash, when it finaly does allow me to move my mouse i do and then click on anything and it does the same thing over and over.

i have UAC Disabled, i am a Administrator & the game run its Administrator mode, i have disabled my Anti Virus, i have installed the game to another hard drive, i have installed different Driver's & the same thing.

i have also tried setting the game to Real time in the Task manager (Affinity)

my specs are

OCz Corsair Black Vengance 16GB DDR3 Ram
ATI XFX 7870 2GB DDR5
Intel Core I5 2500K Unlocked 4.0Ghz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
240GB SSD OCZ

Turn on Vsync, it´s the only thing that will get the forces normal.

At least for me and another guy. Even if i lock the FPS and lower the strength you can still feel the FFB being totally wack.

Video settings's Vertical Sync you say? will change anything? Hmmmm... It's the only thing i found with that name... And outside the game, what's your settings? In game it's already at 5% and it still feels a bit heavy...

Quick question. I don't have a wheel set with a clutch pedal so I can't test this myself, but is it possible to stall the car? Also, does the clutch have a bite point and if so, how does the game convey when you are at the bite point regarding feedback and such?

Thanks

Video settings's Vertical Sync you say? will change anything? Hmmmm... It's the only thing i found with that name... And outside the game, what's your settings? In game it's already at 5% and it still feels a bit heavy...
You can do a test and see if you have the same problems as me.

Turn off graphics until you have around 70-80fps
Go and do a lap, slow or fast, just feel the FFB.
Then go in settings, turn off settings until you get 140-150fps
and go out on track again.

For me without VSync enabled my wheel starts living it´s own little life.
At 70-80 the problem is masked but still there, at 140-150 it will actually pull full opposite lock by itself and turn on/off the forces on the straightaway.

The only thing that solved it for me was by turning on Vsync. Vertical Sync yes.

Outside the game use these settings,

Overall: 51%
Constant: 82%
Periodic: 60%
Spring: 0%
Damper: 8%

In game gain: 65%
filter: 0%

latest from Luca Sodano

I could finally be happy using cockpit view, making it look close to the above.
As far as I know, you can only do it in the ingame console by pressing 'home' button.

Typing these in there:
set driverEye.z 0.15 | (forward-backward)
set driverEye.y 0.95 | (up-down)

Even happier now. :D

Only drawback is you have to type them again in every session.
I suppose no one knows if they could be entered in some config file, like the camera_onboard or something..?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%