Assetto Corsa Technology Preview Released

The long awaited moment is here. Kunos Simulazioni released the Technology Preview of Assetto Corsa for current owners of netKar Pro. Grab your paycode, read the instructions below and go nuts!

What is the AC Technology Preview?
It is a playable, no-time limited benchmark that allow gamers to get their first taste of Assetto Corsa engine. This version includes one car, one track, different difficulty levels and two play modes: free practice and time attack. Playing this version and reporting back feedback, benchmarks and bugs, players allow the development team to fix issues and improve the final version of Assetto Corsa, before its release.

Who can access this AC Technology Preview?
Who has purchased a copy of netKar PRO since 2006 can use his netKar Pro activation code to activate the AC Tech Preview.
All gamers who will purchase a copy of netKar PRO until March 1 will receive the link to download the AC Tech Preview for free: until March, 1, they will be able to buy a copy of netKar PRO for just 4,99 Eur, saving 70% of the full price.

Game features
This software allow gamers to drive the Lotus Elise SC on the italian track of Magione, reproduced using the advanced Laserscan Technology. This version is compatible with keyboard, Xpad 360, joysticks, steering wheels and any kind of customizable game devices.

Minimum PC requirements
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Operative System
CPU: Intel Celeron
RAM: 2 Gigabytes
DirectX 11 graphics card (ex: Nvidia GTS 450 / AMD Radeon HD5770) NOTE: AC graphics engine supports also DirectX 10.1 compatible graphic cards (ATI 4800 HD / Nvidia 8600 GT)
Click here to download the AC Tech Preview (mirror 2, mirror 3, mirror 4)
Click here to visit the Assetto Corsa forums for any feedback, support and other questions you might have.
Enjoy!

Please put your feedback in the comments below

I've got all sorts of problems. AC does not like my computer.:cry:

- Massive input lag
- FFB is not working correct
- Game keeps crashing

Specs: i5 2500 3,3GHz, GeForce GTX 570 SLI, triple screens 5760x1080 4GB RAM, Win7x64
T500RS, Clubsports, TH8RS
Try these settings for now, orange is my tweaks, still not happy but much better then before.
Atleast we have one guy who know how i felt lol, man ffb was horrendous there for a while.

For T500, try these settings:

Global Force = from 53% to 58%53%
Constant = 98%Same
Periodic = 95%100%
Spring = 0%Same
Damper = from 5% to 10%0%

In controls -> advanced, gain: 85% (adjust it if your ffb in game clips)50% now.

Still have a weird spring-effect going on, not sure what that is.

Still playing with graphic settings to find the perfect combo; the driving is awesome!!!! DFGT with CSR Elite pedals and the setup was as painless as with Netkar Pro....gotta go and tweak on graphics but had to force myself to stop playing for a minute just to say Hell Yeah!!!!!! Great Job Kunos!!!!!! :D

For graphics settings i´m running everything nearly as low as possible.

average 80fps. Wish i had bit over 120.
Tried everything at maxium settings and three screens and i thought the game broke lol.
A whooping 2 fps.

2x GTX 580 (Titan here i come)
i7 950 stock for now, damn OC never holds up more then a month
6gb of ram
3x XL2040T 120Hz screens

Edit:

but apart from all that......this is the most realistic simulator EVER. I have never driven anything like it before.

I can´t wait to strap myself in the GT3 Z4 and just go nuts on Monza.

Just had my first run and like what ive seen so far.

Graphics are deff nice and runs decent on my box. (AMD 955 / ATi 6870) Allthough i did turn of HDR as it made the game look blurry IMO. As pointed out allready the movable hud is awesome. FFB felt nice at 900 and i love how the driver reaches over to grab the wheel again. Allso the pre shift animation is very cool. Cant wait to try out more and see how she runs with more cars on track.

Thanks for the preview,
Keep up the good work Kunos!

Here the difference between low and high quality cubemap reflection (look at fps and you'll know where is high or low setting)

okay and WHERE is the big difference in the reflections that judges the 30 fps difference?.. :D
Nearly the same I think..

Btw, someone knows how to hide the mouse longer so it will not appear on the screen every time I have a bit stronger FFB.....? Really annoying to see the silly mouse every now and then.. Already tried to set other values in the mouse_hider file but nothing changed, the mouse still appears way too often..

I'm blown away by so many aspects of the tech demo but especially how quick and easy it was to get the feedback, triple screens etc set up, and the configurable hud/apps is sweet...but all of that would mean nothing if the driving didn't feel as good as it does :)

Runs just barely on my PC as I expected. It shows almost 90 fps, but it isn't very smooth (spikes 33-45%). It's quite playable though. I'm running it at 1280x1024 and everything is turned down. But guess what? I'm waiting for AC with upgrade. :) nKP runs better.

My low spec pc: pentium dual core e6600, msi radeon 4770 cyclone, 4gb ddr2 800mhz, windows 8 pro, fanatec gt3rs v2, clubsport pedals.

I'm quite pleased with that driving model and that it's different from iRacing. I'm glad to see the car understeers when I'm faster in corner or under brake locking. Total oposite from iRacing where I get oversteer in 99% and spin. This feels very natural. And with that fanatec gizmo option enabled when driving, it wants to shake soul out of me.

OMG!!!!!!!! Got the graphics looking really good (turned off hdr) and just made about 20 laps in a row.....So fun to drive and does everything I would expect a real car to do....only thing is it doesn't seem to matter whether I use my clutch or not; running on pro settings so autoclutch and whatnot is off.....haven't grinded the tranny at all so there has to be something I am missing but it's hard to keep going to the menu because I don't want to quit driving!! :)

My PC blew up, so I'm using my laptop with 15.6in screen.
IMO, a potential masterpiece, but I hope a faster heavier car comes in the demo.
Works great with G27.
rf2 still has the best FFB, although it's not as G27 friendly.

The F40 with this physics/FFB and GFX is worth $60.

Just wanted to add that after playing around some more, and trying to use the stick shifter for a change im sold .. Turned off all the aids and shes a beauty. Im still a horrible driver when it comes to using the stick and 900 degrees wheel rotation but the experience is totaly awesome. Clutch kicking in second gear trying to drift etc. Good stuff !

OMG!!!!!!!! Got the graphics looking really good (turned off hdr) and just made about 20 laps in a row.....So fun to drive and does everything I would expect a real car to do....only thing is it doesn't seem to matter whether I use my clutch or not; running on pro settings so autoclutch and whatnot is off.....haven't grinded the tranny at all so there has to be something I am missing but it's hard to keep going to the menu because I don't want to quit driving!! :)

if you use paddles to shift.. there is still autoclutch.. no matter if off or not... (if it is off you can at least also push your own clutch witch is not possible when autoclutch is enabled in the options)...

to grind and that stuff... so to have a gearbox without autoclutch you need to use an h-shifter

I turned off all the aids, had a few miss shifts where i would release the clutch to soon and gear would be stuck in nutral making all kinds of noise. And i had to re clutch to get it in gear.. This was on the G27 using H-shifter

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 145 13.8%