Assetto Corsa: Tech Preview 0.99 Now Available

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: Tech Preview 0.99 Now Available

A new version of the popular Assetto Corsa Tech Preview has been released by Kunos Simulazioni bringing the PC simulation up-to-date with version 0.99 which can be downloaded from the game website. This version includes one car, one track, various difficulty levels and two game-play modes: free practice and time attack.

Besides the improved gameplay the development team added 18 news official car skins for the Lotus Elise SC and support for pretty much all available controllers....
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
No Marcel ! I had managed to half fix the fight ! :laugh:

did i say a sharp corner? :cautious:
actually, i've been told that the lotus elise should be understeery by many experts.
my driving style is now pretty smooth. you are taught to have gradual inputs on everything - braking, steering, line etc. i do recall one successful guy in the top 30 tt times for AC recommending that people drive at apex and try to spin back end around - trying to induce oversteer.
personally, i try to steer with as little steering as possible. however, you seem to need to apply massive amounts of lock to get the car to turn - even with steering rotation at 360 degrees.
I use 900deg and while the steering in the Elise isn't the quickest around (I think somewhere around 15:1 ratio), it is certainly plenty quick enough.

You have to point the car out of the corner earlier than in a front engine car, use some clever 4 wheel drift (like in the old days, not the rubbish stuff that we have today, lol) in some corners and just really adapt more than anything else. I'm seen as an extremely smooth driver (Very easy on tires), and I usually turn the car with the throttle more than the steering, I like a tail happy car better as I can make it do what I want easier.

I find the Lotus quite understeery for me, but as I said, if you're clever you can find how to make it go around corners like you want :)

Here:

LOGITECH G25/G27
(tested and suggested by Aristotelis Vasilakos)
In Logitech Panel
Overall effects strength: 100%
Spring effects strength: 0%
Damper effects Strength: 10% (Play with this value according to your tastes)
Centering: 0%
Degrees: 900
Allow game to adjust settings CHECKED
Combined Pedals MUST BE DISABLED

In AC -> Controls -> Advanced
Force Feedback Gain: 80%

Also, sorry I sound rude, but yeah, I get slightly ermmmmmm.... Agitated when I feel people have their stuff set-up wrong and then complain about a sim that is in fact pretty darn good... Heck, even stuff like Field of View can put you off when it's adjusted wrong.

I'm glad to report that the more positive side of our conversation proved useful as the steering feels much comfortable like this and I'm getting much less uncontrollable oversteer. Maybe my wheel setting where giving me too sudden steering changes. I've never really altered wheel settings as I've only had the G27 a frew weeks, I tend to just get on with what I have...

so, thanks for your help.

No Marcel ! I had managed to half fix the fight ! :laugh:

I use 900deg and while the steering in the Elise isn't the quickest around (I think somewhere around 15:1 ratio), it is certainly plenty quick enough.

You have to point the car out of the corner earlier than in a front engine car, use some clever 4 wheel drift (like in the old days, not the rubbish stuff that we have today, lol) in some corners and just really adapt more than anything else. I'm seen as an extremely smooth driver (Very easy on tires), and I usually turn the car with the throttle more than the steering, I like a tail happy car better as I can make it do what I want easier.

I find the Lotus quite understeery for me, but as I said, if you're clever you can find how to make it go around corners like you want :)
i'll give that a try when I get back from my mates stag do in a few days. thanks for that ;)

I have Fanatec too and I have to be very carefull not to turn more than needed. You can overshoot it very easily. Actually, it doesn't matter which wheel you have.

I think Justin is FWD guy. I'm not and have problems with FWD cars, practically in every sim. :D I just don't get it. For me, AC is the best sim I've tried so far. Don't forget this Lotus is just a roadcar and if you preffer racing cars like me, you may be confused and jump to conclusions. We just have to wait for other cars.

[...]i'm glad for you that you have worked out how to manipulate the game [...]
manipulating the game... oh my, that's exactly the keen jibe I am talking about. That's not helpful for anybody to build an opinion.

:rolleyes:

Could say the same about your Fanatac wheel. These wheels do have a certain reputation. And sometimes the problem is down to the user. :p

manipulating the game... oh my, that's exactly the keen jibe I am talking about. That's not helpful for anybody to build an opinion.

i don't understand this at all. will you explain? Arkad was just pointing out that he is doing it right because of his laptimes - he can manipulate the car in the game. i can manipulate a car better in real life than in the game. that's part of the problem for me. not everyone has that, but like i said in the first place - people will have different opinions and perceptions. all equally important.

i don't understand your point about the wheel. do you mean, sometimes it's the user, sometimes it's the wheel and sometimes it's people's perceptions of what is a perfect sim? (fanboys included - in any order)

on another note, considering you mentioned arguments aren't helpful - poking tongue smileys and rolling eyes aren't usually helpful unless there is a funny joke. I'm still waiting,..:cautious::roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%