Assetto Corsa: Tech Preview 0.99 Now Available

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: Tech Preview 0.99 Now Available

A new version of the popular Assetto Corsa Tech Preview has been released by Kunos Simulazioni bringing the PC simulation up-to-date with version 0.99 which can be downloaded from the game website. This version includes one car, one track, various difficulty levels and two game-play modes: free practice and time attack.

Besides the improved gameplay the development team added 18 news official car skins for the Lotus Elise SC and support for pretty much all available controllers....
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
Is there any better download links, link #1 is less than 100kbs and over 45min to complete and link #2 wants me to instal google chrome browser before I'm able to download, why do these D/L sites restrict you from the files and Force you to use their D/L app etc, it sucks so hard it blows. Whats wrong with just allowing you to D/L the bloody file without any hassles, it's not like they OWN the file.
Looks like I'll have to wait till the load is off the servers at Kunos before I can get this updated TechPreview.

As much as I try and as much as I want to, I can't like this car, the physics, the FORZA wheel screeching...Hopefully the full release has cars in it better suited to my taste. Not a RWD fan, some cars are nice, the Megane in rF2 for example.

What do you mean you don't like the physics of elise ? This is exactly how lotus handles. So you should say that you don't like elise. And what do you mean by "the forza wheel screeching"??

The same horrible OTT screeching of tyres when cornering at low speeds. The car handles ok when pushed and high speeds but feels horrible and unrealistic at low speed. Common sense tell you that the weight of the vehicle will overcome the inertia of a slide and a certain speed. This car will slide out at much to slow a speed without being able to bring it back under control. Basically it's too light at low speed in both under steer and over steer. It's ok at good speed.

The same horrible OTT screeching of tyres when cornering at low speeds. The car handles ok when pushed and high speeds but feels horrible and unrealistic at low speed. Common sense tell you that the weight of the vehicle will overcome the inertia of a slide and a certain speed. This car will slide out at much to slow a speed without being able to bring it back under control. Basically it's too light at low speed in both under steer and over steer. It's ok at good speed.

Let's get is straight that you simply offer an opinion, instead of a fact. An opinion which I and many others do not share.

What speeds are these slow speeds according to you? I was surprised to see what speeds you can even take into hairpins. Look at the odometer, much more reliable than your brain ;-).

My Mini Cooper is also very easy to slide on the tight roundabouts around town here..,

Perhaps I shouldn't but I'm comparing this to rFactor 2, in particular, the Clio's, meganes and the f2 cars, all of which I would say have a good realistic feel to them. You can actually feel the weight of the car and how much traction I'm getting from the driving wheels. I'm not getting this from the Elise in this sim. I'm not writing off AC but simply saying this sample doesn't feel 'natural' to me.

Let's get is straight that you simply offer an opinion, instead of a fact. An opinion which I and many others do not share.

What speeds are these slow speeds according to you? I was surprised to see what speeds you can even take into hairpins. Look at the odometer, much more reliable than your brain ;-).

My Mini Cooper is also very easy to slide on the tight roundabouts around town here..,
Driving a car well is all about feeling the car under you which of course is the most difficult thing to simulate. I can't feel it with this car whereas I can with other cars in other sims.
Everyone has their preferences, I'm just saying its not my cup of tea. I'm most definitely not saying AC is rubbish. I haven't seen enough to make a decision like that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back