Assetto Corsa: Spa License and Pre-Order Info

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Last edited:
what assumptions I'm making?. the game will not be free.the did monetized the demo by requiring to purchase NKPro,the made a special deal.The also announced DLC for 8 years if im right.

Where is the assumption in that. Their financial situation is not my problem as a customer
and no 5 euro game is a bad Idea because the devs have to eat as you say.

what is a good move from my point of view?
fairness.

Release the game in multiple platforms that suits everyones taste. steam for those who like DRM!?!
GOG or retail for those who do not.

No preorder ****.
Spa will have to be paid by everyone or be handed for free.

an apology for the consecutive missed release windows wouldn't hurt as well.

Is that much?

Ok I give up ;) I get were you are coming from but you mix so much stuff together... There never was a demo, it is not 8 years, it was never confirmed that it is steam only. An apology for what? Did you pay for AC already?

what assumptions I'm making?. the game will not be free.the did monetized the demo by requiring to purchase NKPro,the made a special deal.The also announced DLC for 8 years if im right.

Where is the assumption in that. Their financial situation is not my problem as a customer

fairness.

Release the game in multiple platforms that suits everyones taste. steam for those who like DRM!?!

No preorder ****.

Is that much?

You are judging;

5 euro game is no good idea because that is too 'cheap' and the devs couldn't make money. Guess what; there are more than enough 5 euro games that make more than enough money (Angry birds anyone?).

You think you know what a reasonable price is. That is an assumption. You know nothing about the costs they make for the licenses, rent for their office, employees etc. Nor do I.

You can state your opinion, but you shouldn't present it as fact, as you clearly base your facts on assumptions.

In my opinion, it's a nice idea to reward the people who trust KS by pre-ordering. Nobody forces you to pre-order, nobody forces you to buy a DLC. It's a free world. And besides, aren't you a modder yourself?

Their financial situation will become the customers' problem if they go out of business...

I don't know how to answer that... support them maybe?

Indeed making a sim with official content is costly.but you can chose the content wisely and according to what you can afford.

I believe that if you are out to do something,you try to do it regardless if you have money or not.
Just because of the urge to do it.

Definitely money should not be the final goal. but should be a goal in order to live from what you like doing.

but that alone doesn't justify some of those actions though.

again the game is not free, and they have planned DLC so the will have a steady income flow out of the game.

If they any dev does it only for the money and the game sales can't justify the effort.
Don't do it, simple...

You are judging;

5 euro game is no good idea because that is too 'cheap' and the devs couldn't make money. Guess what; there are more than enough 5 euro games that make more than enough money (Angry birds anyone?).

You think you know what a reasonable price is. That is an assumption. You know nothing about the costs they make for the licenses, rent for their office, employees etc. Nor do I.

You can state your opinion, but you shouldn't present it as fact, as you clearly base your facts on assumptions.

In my opinion, it's a nice idea to reward the people who trust KS by pre-ordering. Nobody forces you to pre-order, nobody forces you to buy a DLC. It's a free world. And besides, aren't you a modder yourself?

Games like AC require much much more involvement and money to be sold for 5 euros.
Price depends on DLC. I think around 50 euros for the game10 euors per DLC pack.

I know a lot about the costs of the licenses. I'm a modder yes and also work as a 3d artist when I have the opportunity to do so...

wearing my modder hat, I'm expected to work for free because I do not pay for a license.
Noone cares if i have financial issues,or how many time is spent in research.and I'm not implying that anyone should.

at the very best people will like the mod,and that will make me happy
at the very least will call it bullshit and move on..
Not that I care because I do that for my enjoyment.

So if I'm into that ,I expect the dev to be the prime example of what i stand for.and not try to milk me given the first chance....

Kunos will benefit from the mods released for AC as well.

I don't think you should be banned and I do think also you should be able to voice your opinion here.

It just strikes me that you only seem to approach AC from your own perspective, and while doing that, you make a lot of assumptions on which you base your judgement.

I don't feel that you are open for arguments, so I will refrain from replying about this particular discussion.

my god your an anal arse, they dont owe you ANY sort of apology, it was your fault you hyped yourself up too much expecting a games release.
That as well

I don't think you should be banned and I do think also you should be able to voice your opinion here.

It just strikes me that you only seem to approach AC from your own perspective, and while doing that, you make a lot of assumptions on which you base your judgement.

I don't feel that you are open for arguments, so I will refrain from replying about this particular discussion.
you can try in a private conversation so I do not to bother everyone else.

Let's wait for the pricing conditions. Spa being part of a DLC or included in the base content will most likely not make a big difference for most customers.

After all, any product comes with its pros and cons. So far, I do not see much to reproach Kunos for.

fairness.

No preorder ****.

Is that much?

I think you are bitter a little because as you mentioned somewhere in the other thread you won't be able to play the game and finish the mod if they will release it later this year due to mandatory army service in your country.
And I guess that might be one of the reasons you changed so much your attitude towards Kunos.

Regarding DLC: we're both 26 so I guess you also remember early 2000s when you didn't get anything for preordering the game - the only advantage of preordering was the fact that the game was sent earlier to you. Kunos gives you some stuff for free - that's quite nice I guess.
As far as I am the opponent of infamous 'armor for the horse' DLCs and 'let's cut some already made content from the game and let's sell it as DLC' like EA do in many of their titles I think for Kunos it's quite vital to get some cash as - as they already said - they invested almost all of the cash they got from other projects into AC. So it's not typical 'let's squeeze even more $ from our customers' situation because for them it really makes difference.

And another point is if they'll see they can get some money from AC v1.0 they could invest them into new licences - and I'm sure most of us would gladly see some new manufacturers (and if they were able to contract Ferrari, Pagani or BMW then why not try to get Porsche, Mercs, Audis, Astons, Jags etc.) and new laser-scanned tracks in AC.

And the last thing - nobody said that it will be steam-only release. Personally I never liked digital distribution and until recently I even didn't had steam account. I'd love boxed edition but in the end I would also gladly accept the method they used with NKpro (and btw. it was one of the main reasons of TP - to test new licensing method - so it could suggest that there will be also non-steam solution).

Indeed I am bitter about this,it would be a lie not to admit it.
However my point of view is the same for every company big or small.
I'm interested in AC so I write here, If I wasn't i would just avoid writing about it,like many other games.

DLC is not bad in such cases like AC,and we already knew about it being in existence.
we also knew about features being implemented later.
preorder DLC is different,but yes as long as you can buy it later is not a big issue as an idea.

Giving away one of the best tracks in the game that way... is not something I would not like to see.
It is one of the important tracks everyone should appreciate.
instead it is used to force preorders.. and with such reputation and hype,I don't think it is needed. People will preorder AC regardless, or so it seems by the posts here.

Regarding steam release,,if kunos is about to use the same system as in the tech demo, then steam is a better solution. because it will be tied to the steam account (most likely,can't be sure) and there will be no activation limit.

In such case I would buy the game from kunos (to avoid steam) only if there is a crack available (the same way I did with NKpro)
and that would result Kunos to complain about piracy...because I just don't want to marry their servers....

What i really think happened,

Stefano, we got the SPA license!
- Great!
- Well what do we do with it? Obviously we´ll start working on it now.
- Good question, seeing as we have a number of cars not making it into 1.0 maybe we can do a DLC pack of all of that and give it away for free to everyone who pre-orders the game.
That way they don´t need to pay for their first DLC package because of the support they show us by pre-ordering.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back