Assetto Corsa: Spa License and Pre-Order Info

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Last edited:
All I was trying to say was that AC and GT6 both look great... I just hope AC team don't start feeling what they have isn't good enough because it's still great.

And as for screenies generally, both AC and GT6 will be swapping to high def models and all sorts for screenshots I would imagine...

Video in-play or replays are the only real gauge of how good things are when you are playing these days :D

Anyone can make stills look good :)

Dave

For most of us the best gauge is to fire up the TP and see and feel it for ourselves

For most of us we don't want to pay to be able to play in a Lotus Elise on a track which looks great except for that one tree with a far too characterful crown that gives away the amount of times it's repeated, which is too many :D

Yes the TP is pretty good but I hope AC is better than that when it's finished from a visual POV at least. That is all I can comment on without paying for the privilege to be able to offer a better opinion on a forum.

Dave

For most of us we don't want to pay to be able to play in a Lotus Elise on a track which looks great except for that one tree with a far too characterful crown that gives away the amount of times it's repeated, which is too many :D

Yes the TP is pretty good but I hope AC is better than that when it's finished from a visual POV at least. That is all I can comment on without paying for the privilege to be able to offer a better opinion on a forum.

Dave

That whole post is just a deliberate windup, right?

Spa, and a historic version too, this just gets better and better :D

Premium pack DLC? :confused:

Is this Codemasters?

You'l get Spa for free if you pre-order. Sure there will be dlc in the future but thats just the way it is, at least it's not R3E's price model.
uh? Do I miss something? Where is the official announcement of the price for every car/track DLC?
If the costumers could give it a bit more thought and stop supporting these kind of marketing strategies.

It wouldn't be the way it is...

That whole post is just a deliberate windup, right?

Of course it is.

I make a constructive middle ground comment that AC looks as nice as GT6, but both comparisons are difficult because of photo mode techniques, and suddenly I can't have an opinion at all because I didn't spunk my money on a tech demo.

One retarded comment laced with truth deserves one in return.

Dave

I'm sad to say though I've just seen some GT6 images and they look fapping amazing...

Don't be fooled by those GT6 screenshots. The PS3's graphics capabilities were maxed out in GT5. Those screenshots are not in-game pics, and are rendered much better than the hardware will allow in-game. In game, it will still look like pixelated mush past 100m in front of the car. That's my opinion anyway. When I moved on from GT5 to PC sims, I was startled at how far down the straights I could see; the definition cannot be matched by GT5 or the PS3. AC FTW.

So you are saying we see the real world differently?
Ofcourse we do :) world is just a differend types of nerves stimulated and then interpreted.. and this may be differend from people to people... ofcourse red is red for everyone.. but how do you know that red is not blue if you are suddenly in the body or mind of another person ;D maybe the color example is not the best :D maybe thats the reason we have differend favortie colors :D who knows :D
however like I said the color example is a bad example.. but I think some people are for example more sensitive to that kind of thing and others to other things and so..

however... quite a philosophical question :D

and very offtopic :D... but needed to throw that into :D

Of course it is.

I make a constructive middle ground comment that AC looks as nice as GT6, but both comparisons are difficult because of photo mode techniques, and suddenly I can't have an opinion at all because I didn't spunk my money on a tech demo.

One retarded comment laced with truth deserves one in return.

Dave

Good good, just checking. You crack on trying to convince yourself you're the smartest guy on this board. Seems to keep you both amused and occupied, and you can't say fairer than that, can you? Enjoy! ;)

Good good, just checking. You crack on trying to convince yourself you're the smartest guy on this board. Seems to keep you both amused and occupied, and you can't say fairer than that, can you? Enjoy! ;)

It goes from jovial observations about a game to personal digs!

It seems you are the one with the complex about how smart others perceive you since you raise it :)

I'd leave the personal stuff off the forums, and on a thread that was firmly about games/gfx until you rattled your own cage.

Maybe I come across badly on forums but I'm lovely in real life ;)

Guys really... think about it this way: everyone compares game made by bunch of italian guys (and one greek) in their little office somewhere in italy but nobody knows where, to the game with reputation of being legendary racing game made by army of heavily paid japanise cream of crop with tens of milions at their disposal.
And in the end everybody compares them very, very seriously.
So I think that shows the scale of Kunos' achivement.

Comparing stuff will always happen.
Nothing is perfect,
For example indeed GT5 have the most nice looking and realistic lighting found in a video game.
AC is\should be stronger than GT5 in simulating the car's behavior.

Fandboys do not like to read critiques about the game they love, in their twisted reality everything is perfect. Even if you state the obvious,you are marked as a hater... so yes...

Kunos is well worth the praise for being able to make so far.That I agree.
But I strongly dissagree-dislike their choices about monetizing on the game.
It shows anything but respect to their followers...

The recent statements reads to me as:

Duuuuuuudes thanks for voting for us to go on steam and maximizing the possibilities to make money.

You don't already have the game because we had to go on steam,its cool!

Here we have SPA for you,but wait,you will have to give us more money before you are able to get the product in your hands to get it. or else give us more money later for it because we love you!

$_$ we love you!!!! $_$

This is something I would expect from EA and Activision,not a small group of people who are supposed to be closer to their fans...

And btw spa is the best track they have to offer so far and it is closed behind a paywall or a preorder...

so if you buy the game once it is out,you are less of fan?

Being steam only as it seems,I will never buy it personally.And I also regretted buying NKpro (before the tech demo deal).
Not because the game is bad,but because I mainly did it to support them, for me they do not deserve it after all this.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 199 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%