Assetto Corsa | Share Your Screenshots

Please, not this kind of posts :)

"My lighting looks better then your car."

Looks isn't what "lighting" makes. Lighting consists of many things... sun light, ambient light and of course the materials of all objects (cars, track objects, in theory clouds and particles as well but they are usually lit by simpler methods). not to mention the parameters the devs (or modders) actually use.

Wow... new AC shots that deserve that "wow" and we discuss iRacing versus pCars graphics. Great... :rolleyes:

You know that this thread is for new Assetto Corsa pics and not for iracing or something else pics.
Yes i´m fully aware of that. I wasn´t the one telling someone they needed glasses because they themselves have a skewed image of reality.

Look back a few pages and you´ll see i´m very much pro-assetto corsa in every way possible.
I just saw something that i think needs improvement and i do acknowledge it´s in beta.

(some calls their game pre-alpha but normal developers don´t take the public as idiots)

Looks isn't what "lighting" makes. Lighting consists of many things...

All of those many things falls under one category, "Lighting".

And then the hard shadows that make it look even more dated
Like this you mean? Pcars.

005.jpg

001.jpg

Oh my god it´s super realistic. Maybe if you are on LSD.

Reactions: Dux
Not lighting in a (pure) technical way.

Picture 1: The shadow color is off. Shadows are independent from lighting in rendering except the color below the shadow (texture, ambient and so on). Dark shadows at dawn or dusk look unnatural because to create them the sunlight has to be strong, and the ambient light weak. That rarely happens on our planet, earth...

Picture 2: Tone mapping is done after the lighting pass, that's why everything is so bright. It looks pretty f'ed up...

I remember some racing games got similar problems in cockpit view (GT5, Shift series) . The color should roughly match the rear mirror in the end, without darkening the interior. So with any changes in lighting, the problem can reappear, unless there's a dynamic solution.

I really dislike DoF in game screenshot.
On (most if not all) real cameras DoF gets stronger with low FOV (zoom in (not the digital zoom of some cameras) ) and disappears with higher FOV (camera don't focus on just one object)

It does make sense in replays or some kind of photo mode.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-screenshots.44707/page-5#post-1095088

Please, we can talk about shadows/graphic in AC but why the hell its discuss about iR and pCars?

Hampus, you are iRacing fan(-boy?), its quite easy to note but can you let go of? Post a right topic somewhere else then heed this praise on
I did remember?

iRacing fanboy?? HAHAHAHHAHAHA oh crap that might be the funniest thing i´ve read in my life...
You should ask Bram here if i have ever said anything negative about iRacing :)
It will far and away out weigh the positive things i´ve said about iRacing.

Listen here Grzesiek, just because i don´t like something in a particular game does NOT make me a fanboy for another.
I happen to play iRacing at the moment (well as much as i have time for) and i´m objective in every way.

Take a look at my comments in this thread and you´ll see this is the only non-positive comment i´ve made.

Next time you should do some research before calling people fan boy for no reason at all.

iRacing's luxmeter use and implementation sure is interesting. Research always pays off IMHO.

I don't like daylight that looks like another planet (UE3 games with epic shaders are good with that! no wonder the best UE games are sci-fi :D )

However it will be difficult to use if they want to implement day/night cycle or even weather (maybe it works out to just blend between presets, I dunno, would be worth a try!)

AC screens look nice for the time of day I suppose it is. maybe too "nice"?? :p

The AC screenshots look amazing!

I really don't understand why all the iracing fanboys get all butthurt when some other sim get released or puts out awesome looking screen shots. :D

Keep up the good work Kunos!! :)

I did remember?

iRacing fanboy?? HAHAHAHHAHAHA oh crap that might be the funniest thing i´ve read in my life...
You should ask Bram here if i have ever said anything negative about iRacing :)
It will far and away out weigh the positive things i´ve said about iRacing.

Listen here Grzesiek, just because i don´t like something in a particular game does NOT make me a fanboy for another.
I happen to play iRacing at the moment (well as much as i have time for) and i´m objective in every way.

Take a look at my comments in this thread and you´ll see this is the only non-positive comment i´ve made.

Next time you should do some research before calling people fan boy for no reason at all.

Where I call you fanboy? you have a problem seeing the brackets or what? And if you not are, just stop act like it, have a nice day...

Where I call you fanboy? you have a problem seeing the brackets or what? And if you not are, just stop act like it, have a nice day...

Geez i don´t know, possibly here?
Just because i have one bad thing out of 100 good things to say about Assetto Corsa does not make me a fanboy of any other game.

I despise 99% of what iRacing does but i will give credit where credit is due. By being objective.
Something i´m sure you have never heard of.

Hampus, you are iRacing fan(-boy?), its quite easy to note

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years