bbKyW.jpg

j9NiN.jpg

i1ILJ.jpg

puZqp.jpg

qOg81.jpg

F2XNP.jpg

oJ3iK.jpg

nqc90.jpg

Wow! this is gonna be one of the best sim ever!

Lol, one thing I learned is not to judge a game by the look/graphic, look at pCars, I signed up for it becouse it looked so gorgeous when I saw it the first time, now I'm sorry for it as I can't even play it and it sucks really bad in terms of physics and simulation, it's nothing more then a eye candy graphic game, I can get most of what the game as to offer just by looking at his screenshots.
I don't say AC won't be damn good becouse it comes from the one who made the best tyre model game, but it's just early to judge until we see how it drives .

Lol, one thing I learned is not to judge a game by the look/graphic, look at pCars, I signed up for it becouse it looked so gorgeous when I saw it the first time, now I'm sorry for it as I can't even play it and it sucks really bad in terms of physics and simulation, it's nothing more then a eye candy graphic game, I can get most of what the game as to offer just by looking at his screenshots.
I don't say AC won't be damn good becouse it comes from the one who made the best tyre model game, but it's just early to judge until we see how it drives .

I do agree! a good game has several components, not only the graphics

It's very exciting to see those quality screenshots, hope the other things will be done with such a detail and perfectionism.

I'm also really confident when I see the progress of this game (I prefer to have not so much cars and tracks and a perfect maniability than lot of cars & tracks and a bad driving feeling).

A properly modeled car would be the least to expect right?
You don´t need laser to build a car correctly. But as i said before, there could be multiple version of the 49, hence this thing.

I understand your "modder"-mentality where half-assed stuff is ok in your world.

were there different steering configurations on the Lotus 49?

It´s centered in AC but not on the blueprint.

i1ILJ.jpg

lotus-49-gp.gif

Its funny how the guys who built the car didn't follow the blueprints either and decided that the steering wheel should be in the center :)
If I was to imagine how the car looked from that blueprint, it would look to me that the seat was cockpit was wide enough to seat 1.5 people but if you watch the videos of that car you can see its a tight squeeze for the driver and those drivers are thin wirey people, also the steering wheel is in the center of the car that is in the vids. There is no way I can conceive that they would off center the steering wheel, can you imagine the difference there would between going around a right hander compared to a left hand bend with gforces in play.

It may be that they were one of the original sketches of the car but not necessarily the actual blueprints from which the car was built. Work with any architect and you will see how many iterations of blueprints that is gone through even after a building project has been started, I imagine that it is the same in the automotive industry

Its funny how the guys who built the car didn't follow the blueprints either and decided that the steering wheel should be in the center :)
If I was to imagine how the car looked from that blueprint, it would look to me that the seat was cockpit was wide enough to seat 1.5 people but if you watch the videos of that car you can see its a tight squeeze for the driver and those drivers are thin wirey people, also the steering wheel is in the center of the car that is in the vids. There is no way I can conceive that they would off center the steering wheel, can you imagine the difference there would between going around a right hander compared to a left hand bend with gforces in play.

It may be that they were one of the original sketches of the car but not necessarily the actual blueprints from which the car was built. Work with any architect and you will see how many iterations of blueprints that is gone through even after a building project has been started, I imagine that it is the same in the automotive industry

Ahh you mean like this?

Lotus-49-Cosworth_7.jpg

Lotus-49-Cosworth_1.jpg

As i said. There must be more versions of the Lotus 49 because one of them was clearly off-center.

Had just done some searching, I withdraw my comments about it not being off center but I would still hold that that that blueprint does not represent the actual amount it is off center correctly. Be great if there was an actual shot of the real car that looked down vertically, the camera makes it difficult to judge how much off it is.

Either way its also a good day to learn something new.
The car shouldn't have and seat belts though ? or at least it didn't originally

were there different steering configurations on the Lotus 49?

It´s centered in AC but not on the blueprint.

I don't know about that, but most pics of the lotus I have are as well the uncentered things. Even though It depended on team or year. (because of gearbox?)

For example,

1967 Lotus
67.jpg

1966 and 1968 Brabham
66.jpg

68.jpg

but I would still hold that that that blueprint does not represent the actual amount it is off center correctly. Be great if there was an actual shot of the real car that looked down vertically, the camera makes it difficult to judge how much off it is.
You are complaining about the views yet you make a decision by eye that the blueprint is wrong.
Let´s hold the holds for a moment seeing as you just made a false assessment on the car just recently.

I don't know about that, but most pics of the lotus I have are as well the uncentered things. Even though It depended on team or year. (because of gearbox?)

For example,

1967 Lotus
1966 and 1968 Brabham

Yea it must be something along those lines. They have simply scanned another car which had the wheel centered.
Sounds comforting as i would not expect to see AC make such a fundamental flaw when building a car.

But it´s sure fun to see the defense force in action for bringing up a detail nobody really knows the answer too.

Nice to see passionate people talking about this car, love it.
The car has had tons of variations, actually one at every GP of the season if not more, and that's the usual case with all racing cars actually. We haven't yet decided which specific version we are going to do because in the next month we are going to visit the Lotus Team Classic HQ and take tons of photos, documents, interviews and other material. Yes it's a hard job, but a man has to do what a man has to do... obviously we will document every second of the experience.

As everything we show you right now is in heavy WIP state, so things will change until the final release candidate version. But when something is really really nice, well blame us but we can't wait to show it to you :) It's the only way for us to communicate with people that share the same passion.

...and take tons of photos, documents, interviews and other material. Yes it's a hard job, but a man has to do what a man has to do...
Yes that sounds like such a annoying job :) taking pictures of world championship winning cars just gliding around in the showroom :)

Just kidding, thanks for clearing up the issue, i knew it had to be multiple configurations as i know how good you are with sims.
(own NKPro and FVA II)

Any news on some BMW´s? i can see my favorite car in the trailer so i will be like a kid in a candy store when that gets announced :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back