Assetto Corsa: RUF Yellowbird Released

Chris

Premium
10818482_10203418282051704_3804942145206739661_o.jpg

Kunos Simulazione has today released the RUF CTR, or as it's more commonly known "Yellowbird", for Assetto Corsa.

Along with the car comes some additional bug fixes and server admin commands. The version that Kunos have provided comes with an adjustable turbo boost which makes the CTR capable of outputting 550bhp at 1.4 BAR boost. Have at it!

• Ruf CTR Yellowbird added
  • Added /client_list and /kick_id server admin commands to ban drivers with international character names
  • Fixed caret blinking period for text input boxes
  • Disabled OculusVR demo mode
  • Now blurred wheel objects work properly on car lods
  • Added support for brake lights dimmed when car lights is on
  • Server now correctly answer to launcher in LAN mode
Haven't purchased Assetto Corsa? Buy it here at RaceDepartment for just 34.99 EUR.

Last edited:
I've only ever driven this car in GT5/6 and although I got the hang of it, I felt more like I was anticipating what the car would do in the vein of a videogame and steering accordingly, rather than actually feeling the car and feeling my way around the track. In AC the Yellowbird feels connected to the track in a way I've never felt before. When the rear breaks loose you know it, and with some delicate throttle and steering inputs you can powerslide out of just about every corner in a controlled fashion...with practice of course. Well done Kunos, well done:)

Finally I can enjoy my RUF. I had to implement a new technique as I am a LFB in simracing. I have modular pedals. Mounted brake and clutch just beside eachother. When using racing shoes I hit clutch at the same time as I hit brake. I consistently get at least 50 % clutch without even aiming for it with shoes I have to work really hard only to hit brake.

I can now treat my RUF as just about any other car in AC with a manual H-shifter gearbox or sequential. Its just the RUF that is really fuzzy about requiring the clutch and ultra precise timing. Cobra and others are way more forgiving.

I have a hard time finding any cons with this. I loose some engine braking to support my stopping efforts. But this car don't seem to tolerate all that much and with those tires maybe don't matter much?

The shifts are really fast way faster then my attempts with rfb mostly because I cant reach the throttle to blip it I recon. Plus the extra transition of the right foot to get on the throttle is not coming quite natural yet.

when LFB I can modulate the throttle and brake anyway I want always.

With this setup my right foot is free to modulate throttle so my throttle blips should be more precise then when heal and toeing? I can engage gears whenever I want before the apex only have to be careful not to overrev of course. This makes me wonder am I getting an unfair advantage with this car now or would you still be theoretically faster with rfb and heal and toe if you are good with this technique? Is there any old race car set up so you can apply brake and clutch at the same time or is the mechanical wear IRL to high to use this method or the engine brake factor so big so a really skilled driver is always faster with right foot braking and heal and toe? With this car its very hard to mix lfb with rfb it seems.

I guess an alternative to this would be to just map clutch to a button though it feels like it would be more micro. I am just using pretty much the same leg work I always done with this method.

Wonder how much clutch I should go for. If I should short calibrate so I am sure to get 100 % clutch or if perhaps 30 % should be more then enough and give theoretically faster brakes and perhaps a bit engine braking as well. Or would that cause much mechanical wear in Assetto Corsa?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%