Assetto Corsa Released on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Console Released.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have, finally, released Assetto Corsa in Europe for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Bringing the popular PC simulation to console gamers for the first time.

Following several delays, Assetto Corsa has been released in Europe for console players to enjoy, placing firmly in its target sights the mainstay console racing giants Forza Motorsport and Gran Tourismo. Highly regarded by PC gamers as a detailed simulation, with laserscanned circuits and true to life driving physics, the attention to detail that has been lavished on Assetto Corsa in recent years will bring a new definition of simulation to console players.

Assetto Corsa has been in development on PC since 2013, with several sizable updates to the core game physics and ample first class content added to expand the already impressive list of cars and tracks. Utilising the experience gained during the development of Assetto Corsa on PC, Kunos have been working hard in conjunction with their publisher 505 games to optimise the game for console players. New menu and UI screens have been added, bringing about a modern, fresh feeling to the navigational areas of the sim. Kunos have been at pains to maintain both the console and PC versions of Assetto Corsa remain identical under the hood, allowing Xbox and PlayStation gamers the same opportunity to experience the advanced driving experience that has made Assetto Corsa such a popular title with PC sim racers in recent years. Marco Massarutto of Assetto Corsa released a recent posting on his personal Facebook page, responding to rumblings within the community that AC on console will not offer the same experience as PC players. The post in full, and community comments, can be seen in the Assetto Corsa sub forum here.

UPDATE:
New Assetto Corsa launch trailer for European release below:

Check our recent article to view the list of compatible controllers for Assetto Corsa on PS4 and Xbox One, and check out the AC release trailer here if you haven’t already seen it.

Assetto Corsa will be available on console for players in North America on August 30th.

PC players will be receiving update 1.8 and the new Trpl3 DLC later today. Keep an eye out at RaceDepartment for more information once the update has been released.

Got the game, now join the discussion. Head over to the Assetto Corsa forums for news and community discussion regarding the game. PC players can take advantage of our substantial mods database and Modding Discussion forum, and sign up to some of our regular club racing events.

Have you got your copy yet? First impressions positive? Let us know in the comments section below!

How did some of this issues pass QC if they are so easily repeatable by the retail purchasers?

These bugs seem far too big to have just slipped by - is it possible 505 are not as committed to the success of the console release as Kunos are? Did 505 already cash their cheque?

How else to failures this large and easily duplicated get through other by sheer incompetence and lack of Quality Control.?

LOL, this poor winner wont have official support for his/her prize winning T80 wheel :)

https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/25/win-a-ps4-thrustmaster-t80-steering-wheel-and-assetto-corsa/

Last edited:
How did some of this issues pass QC if they are so easily repeatable by the retail purchasers?

These bugs seem far too big to have just slipped by - is it possible 505 are not as committed to the success of the console release as Kunos are? Did 505 already cash their cheque?

How else to failures this large and easily duplicated get through other by sheer incompetence and lack of Quality Control.?

LOL, this poor winner wont have official support for his/her prize winning T80 wheel :)

https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/25/win-a-ps4-thrustmaster-t80-steering-wheel-and-assetto-corsa/

Must be Kunos awesome set of totally honest Beta testers, fanboys doing beta testing is always going to cause issues,in any game, especially sims.

Must be Kunos awesome set of totally honest Beta testers, fanboys doing beta testing is always going to cause issues,in any game, especially sims.

In my experience with another game... you can report hundreds and even thousands of issues... but that doesnt mean they will all be looked at or fixed. :rolleyes:

So perhaps, stop rehashing this nonsense about people being fans of a game being awful at objectively reporting issues. Not everyone is patting their own back that they get inside knowledge of the game.

Talking about expectations...

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/assetto_corsa

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/08/25/assetto-corsa-ps4-review-misero-turismo/#/slide/1

If that's the average console users expectations of a sim then nothing from our world will carve out a market, The arcade fluff is exactly what turns me away from many titles.

That aside, I had no idea until I read these reviews how hard people were going to find the game (expected an instant win I'm thinking,and perhaps self driving cars, and Ai that slowed down when you muffed it).

My god how short-sighted can certain reviewers be?!? Some statements are a real joke in these reviews. Sad that this game is, in certain cases, judged by people who haven't even got the slightest idea of what a sim is... :(
glad they get a lot of complaints in the user reviews below. It's unfair to KS to approach this game with an arcade racer mentality imo

In my experience with another game... you can report hundreds and even thousands of issues... but that doesnt mean they will all be looked at or fixed. :rolleyes:

So perhaps, stop rehashing this nonsense about people being fans of a game being awful at objectively reporting issues. Not everyone is patting their own back that they get inside knowledge of the game.

If 505/KS are not interested in a robust product then why even bother?

If 505/KS are not interested in a robust product then why even bother?

That wasnt the point I was making mate.

Im saying that you can report hundreds of issues... but not everyone can be looked at, nor can every single issue raised be fixed.

Clearly though, things like the issue in the above video that Austin posted should have been squashed before release.

Other issues may just be very difficult to reproduce, or simply too difficult to fix in a short period of time. And yes, this sentence is vague for a reason. I am speaking broadly here.

That wasnt the point I was making mate.

Im saying that you can report hundreds of issues... but not everyone can be looked at, nor can every single issue raised be fixed.

Clearly though, things like the issue in the above video that Austin posted should have been squashed before release.
And that is the point. The issues being experienced are easily duplicated.

Other issues may just be very difficult to reproduce, or simply too difficult to fix in a short period of time. And yes, this sentence is vague for a reason. I am speaking broadly here.
Then don't release the product.
This console release fiasco could have severe business implications for KS.
Many software companies have brought on their own demise by way of unwise product releases - I am still trying to understand how KS thought releasing a console product (even by way of a 3rd party publisher) was a healthy business decision.

I love how that twit who runs that crap blog will post a screenshot of a couple people complaining about the game and he's like, "SEE!!! IT'S CRAP!!!" and then if someone else says "I just talked to three people who think its the best driving they've ever experienced on a console" he comes back with "Oh yeah....Kunos shills....FANBOYS!!!"

Any negative comment or review is to be believed without question while any positive review or positive comments should be considered suspicious. Only liars or PC fanboys pretending to be console players could possibly say something positive, right? :rolleyes:

It's funny...I don't have a Facebook account, but most of my friends do. Only one is into racing and likes & plays Gran Turismo - totally fine... I had two people contact me today, one a phone call (the GT6 player), the other a text where they each both busted friends of theirs, who I don't know, posting on Twitter and Facebook about how awful Assetto Corsa is on their PS4s and it crashes on them repeatedly...PCars is way better....blah blah blah... Well, it turns out that neither of them even own a PS4. They're XBox One owners who play Forza. When confronted, and humiliated, they deleted the posts, of course. But then wrote about how they've heard it sucks...

Haters gotta hate.

The PushSquare review however makes the simulation handling, which they quote as being "Hard. Really hard.", seem like a negative. Yes, AC may lack some sort of tutorial to help with the learning curve but that shouldn't make the handling a negative, especially when the handling is the core of the game.

Overall though, most reviews come to the conclusion that this game will only appeal to you if you want a hardcore simulation, otherwise, stay well away because you will not find enjoyment in it.
I don't think most of the cars are that hard to drive for 'general people'. I think it depends on the car, if they find a certain car not driveable than it is because it is a much more special one and they should try out other cars instead (first).. .

The main issue might be the lack of setup knowledge for 'those'. Some even just basic infos about the best tire pressure for each type of car (hmm ok, the default setups are close to an optimal value already I've to admit..), and stuff like max. camber value at front tires for all street cars is the 'only' way to drive them properly and quick around a track would be good to see in some ingame information !
There could be even more / more special details that you and 'those newbies' don't know until excessive testing with the setups. For instance: I found out only after many comparisions (well ok, that's what a sim is all about as well) that a around -0.20 negative toe value for front tires work best in the Mazda MX-5 cup, if you want to drive it in a serious race trim. A quite high negative value, you would not/'never' try out normally (normally you might only go for -0.04 or max. -0.10).. . Such things.. . (May also depend on personal setup preference, I know. But certainly not all of it.)

Last edited:
I found their Facebook feed back mixed but not negative .
Just how many beta tester did they have not many & there is know way they could iron every single issue out.
There is always a deadline to make two delays & I would guess the budget running out.
publishers putting pressure on the developers to to release it to market as led to many games hitting the market to soon.
and then having to be fixed.

P-cars & Gt 6 were filled with issues & it did not kill those game's
What is important is how well KS handle the recovery program.

I don't think most of the cars are that hard to drive for 'general people'. I think it depends on the car, if they find a certain car not driveable than it is because it is a much more special one and they should try out other cars instead (first).. .

Many people were worried that AC will be destroyed but going to adjust to be console friendly. Seems this not the case

Coming from Forza and new to the AC franchise I must say that I'm quite surprised and happy with my purchase. For a game new to the console, I think the developers made a very good start. If one were to look past the few fr and some minor issues (which by the way are nothing compared to what Project Cars brought on release), I'm quite excited to dug into this more sim feeling on track. I'm not a bit worried about the growing pains as most "new" games have them. All I hope for is that the developers will introduce private lobbies at some stage. Other than that the only thing I hope for is that some "elitist" high horse PC users leave us console peasants alone for a while so that we can work this out for ourselves.

I got AC on XB. Frame drop-rate makes your eyes ache, so after short time HEADACHE!!!!!!. We managed to get 8 or so friends in same lobby. Fps got a bit better, then few more join fps dropped down too around 14 in places. Most of us will leave it for few weeks until fixes out. Next week for first major one. Put it this way, My £32 pound 5 year old used eBay Dell, ran IR at 35 FPS. With nothing added, Just looks to me that the testing that was done was poor.
looking at reviewers all the hype has now bitten them, would you trust what any new game looks like??????
I waited for PCars to get fixed so nothing new, but they lost probably 60 % of buyers in first few weeks, you would think the revenue lost is in the millions.

Any even an around 10 years old PC CPU (& GPU) has more power in it than the ones in the consoles. So that comparison does not match well ;). Kunos explained that in the developers streams at some points, about some lack of CPU power in the consoles (that's also why 16 cars at once is maximum on consoles).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.2%