Assetto Corsa Released on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Console Released.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have, finally, released Assetto Corsa in Europe for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Bringing the popular PC simulation to console gamers for the first time.

Following several delays, Assetto Corsa has been released in Europe for console players to enjoy, placing firmly in its target sights the mainstay console racing giants Forza Motorsport and Gran Tourismo. Highly regarded by PC gamers as a detailed simulation, with laserscanned circuits and true to life driving physics, the attention to detail that has been lavished on Assetto Corsa in recent years will bring a new definition of simulation to console players.

Assetto Corsa has been in development on PC since 2013, with several sizable updates to the core game physics and ample first class content added to expand the already impressive list of cars and tracks. Utilising the experience gained during the development of Assetto Corsa on PC, Kunos have been working hard in conjunction with their publisher 505 games to optimise the game for console players. New menu and UI screens have been added, bringing about a modern, fresh feeling to the navigational areas of the sim. Kunos have been at pains to maintain both the console and PC versions of Assetto Corsa remain identical under the hood, allowing Xbox and PlayStation gamers the same opportunity to experience the advanced driving experience that has made Assetto Corsa such a popular title with PC sim racers in recent years. Marco Massarutto of Assetto Corsa released a recent posting on his personal Facebook page, responding to rumblings within the community that AC on console will not offer the same experience as PC players. The post in full, and community comments, can be seen in the Assetto Corsa sub forum here.

UPDATE:
New Assetto Corsa launch trailer for European release below:

Check our recent article to view the list of compatible controllers for Assetto Corsa on PS4 and Xbox One, and check out the AC release trailer here if you haven’t already seen it.

Assetto Corsa will be available on console for players in North America on August 30th.

PC players will be receiving update 1.8 and the new Trpl3 DLC later today. Keep an eye out at RaceDepartment for more information once the update has been released.

Got the game, now join the discussion. Head over to the Assetto Corsa forums for news and community discussion regarding the game. PC players can take advantage of our substantial mods database and Modding Discussion forum, and sign up to some of our regular club racing events.

Have you got your copy yet? First impressions positive? Let us know in the comments section below!

PS4 version's got 79 on metacritic.
That's fine.
Most critics mentioning the satisfying physics.

The best part is how one reviewer said online was fantastic, while another questioned the absence of private lobbies and said he never got to try online because nobody was playing it during the review process.

It's almost as if Kunos threw these super secret parties at Vallelunga where journalists could test out exotic cars in exchange for positive coverage.

Oh wait.

Loaded it up, physics are great, fantastic as a sim. bad as a game, bad career mode, bad multiplayer. Otherwise great

<mod-edit: That's a hat-trick. You can ask for a song now. But please avoid foul language in your sentences>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rob
The best part is how one reviewer said online was fantastic, while another questioned the absence of private lobbies and said he never got to try online because nobody was playing it during the review process.

It's almost as if Kunos threw these super secret parties at Vallelunga where journalists could test out exotic cars in exchange for positive coverage.

Oh wait.
IDK how you can back that up as it seems pretty obvious for me that you'll try to give journalists the best opportunity to review your game. Kunos have their office on a race track, and they have a partnership with RSR nurburg, so that's good for them.
And how about the possibility of a local lan network being set up during that event where they could test online on a local network? Makes sense to me.

Last edited:
AC seems to be of a rocky start by the looks of it more so for xb1 regarding fps also there's a lot of complaints regarding those trademark AC trees which is something i was expecting the :poop: to hit the fan lol i don't think there's a cardboard patch coming for you lads new to AC on console "cough" its not that bad is it:laugh: . Anyhow its a common thing when new games release to console there always some niggles and various problems which are eventually resolved quickly in most cases. take these for example battlefield,cod etc....and the list goes on. even the major developers have their problems on release. no doubt kunos are hard at working on patches for consoles atm to get things in order and steady the ship.but honestly pc is where ac belongs imo and hopefully for kunos and us on pc the 1.8 release goes as smooth as butter:whistling: on release otherwise they will need more staff to handle the extra workload the console has clearly made for them. So there will be no:sleep: i bet for the devs over the weekend id say.i also wonder how many console users are banned from the ac forums this weekend i bet quite a few:barefoot:

Last edited:
I dont own a console and i dont know what the plan is for it, but looking at PC the game has evolved a lot, and i wouldnt be surprised if it will evolve on console as well where Kunos release updated and introduced new features. We will see.

Facts are trolling?
Not people being paid, its like an early access game that has positive reviews, its betting on the games strengths. When the physics arent meritable on any console racer(bar dirt rally). Its sure of become the norm for a ton of console games, street fighter can next to nothing when it launched for example. You get some reviewers that are so blown away by one or two features that they put a massively strong bias to it. Im not sure if its a good thing, its risky for the consumers.

But here is the surprising bottomline, a surprising amount of people have flat out ignored the glaring problems only due to the physics so does that make it good, the answer is unique to each person but i guess the same thing happened with pcars and racers dont have a lot of options still on console.

Well lets see how the sales are before making conclusions

• Deleted member 130869

Why don't the people truly interested in the console version treat it like a Codemasters or Milestone release, as in, don't concern themselves with big-name reviews and wait a little bit? Maybe a week for more in-depth material or even a piece by someone you know you can trust, or who has similar tastes to write/record one?

Seems like the only usable information is regarding hard-based facts like menu aesthetics, game modes, and car/track list.

Why don't the people truly interested in the console version treat it like a Codemasters or Milestone release, as in, don't concern themselves with big-name reviews and wait a little bit? Maybe a week for more in-depth material or even a piece by someone you know you can trust, or who has similar tastes to write/record one?

Seems like the only usable information is regarding hard-based facts like menu aesthetics, game modes, and car/track list.
Because they deliver features?

This is just getting sad...

Did 1 comment mention no support for THR8 H-shifter??

With regard to 1.8 PC update, lets hope that none of the "console optimizations" show up.

I guess this is a good time to backup the entire AC folder just in case. I am good with 1.7.5 for all my race and hot lap needs.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years