Assetto Corsa Released on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Console Released.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have, finally, released Assetto Corsa in Europe for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Bringing the popular PC simulation to console gamers for the first time.

Following several delays, Assetto Corsa has been released in Europe for console players to enjoy, placing firmly in its target sights the mainstay console racing giants Forza Motorsport and Gran Tourismo. Highly regarded by PC gamers as a detailed simulation, with laserscanned circuits and true to life driving physics, the attention to detail that has been lavished on Assetto Corsa in recent years will bring a new definition of simulation to console players.

Assetto Corsa has been in development on PC since 2013, with several sizable updates to the core game physics and ample first class content added to expand the already impressive list of cars and tracks. Utilising the experience gained during the development of Assetto Corsa on PC, Kunos have been working hard in conjunction with their publisher 505 games to optimise the game for console players. New menu and UI screens have been added, bringing about a modern, fresh feeling to the navigational areas of the sim. Kunos have been at pains to maintain both the console and PC versions of Assetto Corsa remain identical under the hood, allowing Xbox and PlayStation gamers the same opportunity to experience the advanced driving experience that has made Assetto Corsa such a popular title with PC sim racers in recent years. Marco Massarutto of Assetto Corsa released a recent posting on his personal Facebook page, responding to rumblings within the community that AC on console will not offer the same experience as PC players. The post in full, and community comments, can be seen in the Assetto Corsa sub forum here.

UPDATE:
New Assetto Corsa launch trailer for European release below:

Check our recent article to view the list of compatible controllers for Assetto Corsa on PS4 and Xbox One, and check out the AC release trailer here if you haven’t already seen it.

Assetto Corsa will be available on console for players in North America on August 30th.

PC players will be receiving update 1.8 and the new Trpl3 DLC later today. Keep an eye out at RaceDepartment for more information once the update has been released.

Got the game, now join the discussion. Head over to the Assetto Corsa forums for news and community discussion regarding the game. PC players can take advantage of our substantial mods database and Modding Discussion forum, and sign up to some of our regular club racing events.

Have you got your copy yet? First impressions positive? Let us know in the comments section below!

Kunos are entering absolute new grounds here, so the risk they take is quite high.
But that's the only way to find out if there's a niche for simracers on consoles.

If I didnt have a PC, this new title would be at the top of my wishlist because of the lack of anything half decent on console

Talking about expectations...

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/assetto_corsa

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/08/25/assetto-corsa-ps4-review-misero-turismo/#/slide/1

If that's the average console users expectations of a sim then nothing from our world will carve out a market, The arcade fluff is exactly what turns me away from many titles.

That aside, I had no idea until I read these reviews how hard people were going to find the game (expected an instant win I'm thinking,and perhaps self driving cars, and Ai that slowed down when you muffed it).

And early impressions are going exactly as I expected. First you have the educated buyers who knew what they were getting but are disappointed by the lack of multiplayer features. This I understand because this almost completely kills online play at launch. I really hope this gets rectified for console players.

On the other hand, you have the uneducated buyers who somehow managed to buy this game without knowing what it was really about and are already comparing it to Forza and GT, AS EXPECTED. Unfortunately, they will be forever disappointed, not the game for them.

Really hope Kunos can work on the multiplayer features because they're going to need them to keep a stable online community on the consoles. There also seem to be a bunch of performance related issues that need to be ironed out.

Last edited:
Console players are just arcade peasants really. Nothing really comes close to the likes of AC or AMS on console
And that's just the type of elitist crap that pisses them off and makes them despise the PC sim racing community. I'm sure that the many tens of thousands of players who play on consoles would say that they enjoy and have fun racing.

And that's just the type of elitist crap that pisses them off and makes them despise the PC sim racing community. I'm sure that the many tens of thousands of players who play on consoles would say that they enjoy and have fun racing.

This x 1000. Exactly this. I found the cars different at first to drive, but quite sim-like and easy after a few drives.

EDIT. For sake of decency, it's better to just ignore elitists like those. They normally turn out quite "useless" in the bigger picture of the franchis.

Can people read?

The low scores are because the game is extremely buggy even by shovelware standards. People can't even enjoy the raw driving because the game is spazzing out at them.

The fact that there's nothing to do in game is why people are being like "wait, why am I putting up with this?"

I can certainly read, In fact I have read all of the linked reviews on metacritic and a number of others, There is significantly more positive then negative reviews so far.. The deciding factor as far as I can see seems to be expectations of what a sim is.

No doubt once the console crowd get all frothy at the mouth the amount of negative reviews will increase.

I can certainly read, In fact I have read all of the linked reviews on metacritic and a number of others, There is significantly more positive then negative reviews so far.. The deciding factor as far as I can see seems to be expectations of what a sim is.

IGN Italy giving the game a 95 is highly questionable when there are mass reports of show stopping technical issues across the board.

IGN Italy giving the game a 95 is highly questionable when there are mass reports of show stopping technical issues across the board.

Yeah, I do think they showed it a little too much love. Pretty sure they were always going to slap the highest possible score on it they could get away with.

In all honesty I think a 75 to 80 would be fair.

So far, most of the reviews I've read are pretty reasonable in how they came to their final conclusion. Understandably, they compare and contrast with Forza and GT and point out the lack of content (cars, tracks, customization, etc.) but recognize the excellent simulation handling that makes every car different.

The PushSquare review however makes the simulation handling, which they quote as being "Hard. Really hard.", seem like a negative. Yes, AC may lack some sort of tutorial to help with the learning curve but that shouldn't make the handling a negative, especially when the handling is the core of the game.

Overall though, most reviews come to the conclusion that this game will only appeal to you if you want a hardcore simulation, otherwise, stay well away because you will not find enjoyment in it.

Are we seriously trying to downplay framerate issues by passing them off as a personal preference?
No.
As I said you have mastered the art of misreading. Please read my comment again and come up with some argument that makes sense.
Framerate issues are not the kind of issue you are defining as "show stopping". I'd say continuing game crashes are. And i've not encountered them with the copy I have here.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back