Assetto Corsa reaches version 1.3 with a new DLC

12096554_1239921319367517_1849109780227623333_n.jpg
Kunos Simulazioni have updated their popular racing sim with 64-bit support and the Dream Pack 2 DLC.

The update weights almost 500MB on Steam and brings along a revised tyre model, visual and audio improvement, and new multiplayer features.

Dream Pack 2 includes the Circuit of Catalunya (2 layouts), 4 racing cars and 5 road cars.

Be sure to check out our Weekly Whip for your 1.3 racing needs, and come join us now on our Public Server to give the new GT3's a test run!

Here is the full changelog straight from the devs:
  • "64bit build
  • Car physics is now calculated in separate threads
  • Fixed KERS disabled in pitlane
  • Added soft locks (use [SOFT_LOCK] ENABLED=1 in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini)
  • Added support for DRS zones
  • acServer is now stressing much less Go' GC and should offer more stable performances
  • Added FORCE_TGT to force low res timer in assetto_corsa.ini
  • acServer is now using Go 1.5, faster GC
  • Added server welcome message
  • Fixed gear ratio appearing with a double "/" in setup screen
  • Fixed acServer unable to read ini values with a "=" character (ex AUTH)
  • Fixed driver name displayer not obeying to saved settings in MP
  • Fixed acServer not creating "results" folder automatically
  • New algorithms to calculate skid volumes and pitch, now working globally in the entire simulation
  • Added grain and blister readings in the setup info screen
  • Added downshift protection to gearboxes
  • Lap count is now reported using 16bit unsigned integer to server plugins
  • Now using triple buffer when vsync is on to reduce latency
  • Exposure settings are now persistent
  • Fixed audio clicks on surface events
  • Tyre flat spots are now taking into account tyre softness
  • Windscreens now receive shadows
  • ksEditor: now it uses the same ingame engine.
  • ksEditor: added project menagement
  • ksEditor: added user personalizations
  • ksEditor: added floating windows and layout system
  • ksEditor: added Weather and PPfilter loader
  • ksEditor: added recent files/project management
  • ksEditor: added node filter in scene panel
  • ksEditor: added Material by Texture in Materials panel
  • ksEditor: added scene icons and side function buttons
  • ksEditor: added texture detail on Material panel
  • ksEditor: added Texture Review windows in Utilities
  • ksEditor: fixed reload texture function
  • ksEditor: now the default CultureInfo is en-US (number format, ect)
  • ksEditor: added FOV, Near Plane Slider, Mouse sensitivity, camera angle and position under Viewport
  • ksEditor: added Dashboard tab
  • acServerManager: removed some upper limits on parameters
  • acServerManager: preset name/description is more clear
  • acServerManager: added welcome message
  • acServerManager: added qualify limit
  • acServerManager: added fixed setup management
  • acServerManager: fixed upload on ftp. Now cfg folder is not deleted.
  • Fixed driver textures on serveral cars
  • Fixed circuit outline on track selection UI
  • Camera Dev App now save F1 cameras' exposure and pitch, F6 cameras' exposure, fov and position and angle
  • Removed background from Performance Delta App
  • Redesigned and faster code for logging
  • Updated Tyres V5 for GT2 and GT3 cars, should give less understeer.
  • Zonda R and Ferrari 599XX and Formula Abarth now have V5 tyres.
  • Less lift off oversteer for Evora S on street tyres V5
  • GT3 and GT2 cars updated aero stalling for front splitter and diffuser
  • GT3 slight performance balancing
  • Mclaren MP4 GT3 tyre corrections
  • Fixed TC digital item showing 0 based index when multiple TC level are available
  • Now showing Cold and Hot pressure readings in setup status
  • Added "NA" for IMO temps reading when no set has been swapped out
  • Added support for track dynamic objects
  • It is now possible to join a server using admin passoword and be automatically granted admin rights
  • Joining a server with admin password will override the session "closed" status
  • Added "ban_id" admin command to ban a user and send straight to blacklist
  • Remote cars in multiplayer now generate skidmarks
  • Fixed EDL wrong calculation order"
Join the discussion in our AC forums, and get racing in our Assetto Corsa Racing Club! While you're at it, why not check out some awesome videos and screenshot in our AC gallery?

Last edited:
I dont know if it's physics, I believe so, maybe part of the tire model, but I really like it. I can read and handle the cars much better now. Easier to catch slides and drift around. It feels more direct, perhaps it's the 64 bit's the makes my system happier.

All the cars seem nice. Disappointed at the sound of the GT40 though. I had high hopes for that one but it sounds like a vacuum cleaner to my ears. I'm really sound oriented and this car should have some growl and crackling going on. Outside sound is a bit better though, in replays.

Also I have quite a big performance improvement, I can run higher graphic settings now so it looks better.

I dont know if it's physics, I believe so, maybe part of the tire model, but I really like it. I can read and handle the cars much better now. Easier to catch slides and drift around. It feels more direct, perhaps it's the 64 bit's the makes my system happier.

All the cars seem nice. Disappointed at the sound of the GT40 though. I had high hopes for that one but it sounds like a vacuum cleaner to my ears. I'm really sound oriented and this car should have some growl and crackling going on. Outside sound is a bit better though, in replays.

Also I have quite a big performance improvement, I can run higher graphic settings now so it looks better.
I must say, I too think the interior sounds for the GT40 are a bit lacking. Sounds more straight 6-ish than big Ford v8 right up until just before you need to shift. Apart from that, spectacular update and dlc. Well done Kunos, especially at the price.

Performance improvement for me - about 20 to 30 fps gained.

I'm liking the new tire model, it seems like they're noisier and I can hear the tires squireling around and generally being more communicative which means I can drive with more confidence.

The move to 64bit has given me a hefty fps jump against AI (and maybe solo too) which makes everything better, I can feel more, see more and react faster - my AC grin just got wider! :D

I am on 32bits and 1.3 to me is one more step in the right direction, the FFB is smoother, the cars are more intuitive with the new tyre model ( V5).
I had a blast against a field of GT3 at Zandvoort with the Huracan this afternoon, the AI is more competitive and less predictable, all good. As I was trying to pass two cars battling for position, the car behind me sneaked in and pass me, it made me laugh out loud! :D

Content: good
Driving: Not so much, maybe I have to get adapted to it.
Personal thoughts: Give me your (what you said) understeery 458 GT2 again Kunos!!! I didn't feel any understeer before and now, just an unpredictable car.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 205301

the GT40 and the R8 are better than sex
You never meet my wife ;)

strange to read people with performance issues, for me it's the opposite, better perfs, smoother...and....wow ! barcelona (montmelo in fact) is beau-ti-fuuuuuul !
Not really interested by "street cars" or "supercars" (granturismo is made for that, no ?), so not totally enjoyed by "all" cars (and why didn't make a gt3 ruff, as iracing and pcars made ?), but the update, and the dlc are a great thing for this GAME. (yeah, lots are talking about a "pure sim" etc... eh, this is only a game, AC is not really a sim, but it's getting better at each update)
So, tonight I'm a happy user ;)

I've had an ongoing game-breaking issue with graphic corruption in online sessions under win10 64bit, with fingers getting pointed at microsoft, Kunos and AMD to blame but nobody was sure, :cautious:
but that problem is finally fixed with this update !! :)
am really liking the feel of things too with the new changes , so far so good and haven't even got the new dreampack yet :thumbsup:

Not really interested by "street cars" or "supercars" (granturismo is made for that, no ?)
If GT ever gets physics like this and comes to PC, sure, why not...

Otherwise, please keep in mind you are not the only person using this sim. Not to mention that AC only got decent modern race cars physics with this update. I'd even say more than just 'decent', but that's not the point. The actual point is, just give it some time and it'll get populated with content. And there will be something for anyone.

Looking forward to giving the update a run tomorrow, interesting little tidbits about new tire behavior and such last page, should be interesting to re-do my setups. (they needed updates anyway) :roflmao:

I had a quick go this morning and didn't really find any issues but i only did about 5-10 laps in a couple of the cars at Zandvoort.

I do a lot of skins though and since 1.3 i haven't been able to open the ACShowroom. has anyone else had this issue?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back