Assetto Corsa reaches version 1.3 with a new DLC

12096554_1239921319367517_1849109780227623333_n.jpg
Kunos Simulazioni have updated their popular racing sim with 64-bit support and the Dream Pack 2 DLC.

The update weights almost 500MB on Steam and brings along a revised tyre model, visual and audio improvement, and new multiplayer features.

Dream Pack 2 includes the Circuit of Catalunya (2 layouts), 4 racing cars and 5 road cars.

Be sure to check out our Weekly Whip for your 1.3 racing needs, and come join us now on our Public Server to give the new GT3's a test run!

Here is the full changelog straight from the devs:
  • "64bit build
  • Car physics is now calculated in separate threads
  • Fixed KERS disabled in pitlane
  • Added soft locks (use [SOFT_LOCK] ENABLED=1 in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini)
  • Added support for DRS zones
  • acServer is now stressing much less Go' GC and should offer more stable performances
  • Added FORCE_TGT to force low res timer in assetto_corsa.ini
  • acServer is now using Go 1.5, faster GC
  • Added server welcome message
  • Fixed gear ratio appearing with a double "/" in setup screen
  • Fixed acServer unable to read ini values with a "=" character (ex AUTH)
  • Fixed driver name displayer not obeying to saved settings in MP
  • Fixed acServer not creating "results" folder automatically
  • New algorithms to calculate skid volumes and pitch, now working globally in the entire simulation
  • Added grain and blister readings in the setup info screen
  • Added downshift protection to gearboxes
  • Lap count is now reported using 16bit unsigned integer to server plugins
  • Now using triple buffer when vsync is on to reduce latency
  • Exposure settings are now persistent
  • Fixed audio clicks on surface events
  • Tyre flat spots are now taking into account tyre softness
  • Windscreens now receive shadows
  • ksEditor: now it uses the same ingame engine.
  • ksEditor: added project menagement
  • ksEditor: added user personalizations
  • ksEditor: added floating windows and layout system
  • ksEditor: added Weather and PPfilter loader
  • ksEditor: added recent files/project management
  • ksEditor: added node filter in scene panel
  • ksEditor: added Material by Texture in Materials panel
  • ksEditor: added scene icons and side function buttons
  • ksEditor: added texture detail on Material panel
  • ksEditor: added Texture Review windows in Utilities
  • ksEditor: fixed reload texture function
  • ksEditor: now the default CultureInfo is en-US (number format, ect)
  • ksEditor: added FOV, Near Plane Slider, Mouse sensitivity, camera angle and position under Viewport
  • ksEditor: added Dashboard tab
  • acServerManager: removed some upper limits on parameters
  • acServerManager: preset name/description is more clear
  • acServerManager: added welcome message
  • acServerManager: added qualify limit
  • acServerManager: added fixed setup management
  • acServerManager: fixed upload on ftp. Now cfg folder is not deleted.
  • Fixed driver textures on serveral cars
  • Fixed circuit outline on track selection UI
  • Camera Dev App now save F1 cameras' exposure and pitch, F6 cameras' exposure, fov and position and angle
  • Removed background from Performance Delta App
  • Redesigned and faster code for logging
  • Updated Tyres V5 for GT2 and GT3 cars, should give less understeer.
  • Zonda R and Ferrari 599XX and Formula Abarth now have V5 tyres.
  • Less lift off oversteer for Evora S on street tyres V5
  • GT3 and GT2 cars updated aero stalling for front splitter and diffuser
  • GT3 slight performance balancing
  • Mclaren MP4 GT3 tyre corrections
  • Fixed TC digital item showing 0 based index when multiple TC level are available
  • Now showing Cold and Hot pressure readings in setup status
  • Added "NA" for IMO temps reading when no set has been swapped out
  • Added support for track dynamic objects
  • It is now possible to join a server using admin passoword and be automatically granted admin rights
  • Joining a server with admin password will override the session "closed" status
  • Added "ban_id" admin command to ban a user and send straight to blacklist
  • Remote cars in multiplayer now generate skidmarks
  • Fixed EDL wrong calculation order"
Join the discussion in our AC forums, and get racing in our Assetto Corsa Racing Club! While you're at it, why not check out some awesome videos and screenshot in our AC gallery?

Last edited:
Very disappointed in the update. The performance is really poor. I run a triple screen setup with 2x gtx980 in sli, 16GB ram and an I7 - 2600k at 4GHz on Windows 10 64-bit. If I scale shadows, and AA down then the performance gets even worse. If I gave a look at the version 1.2 fps average vs version 1.3, the performance is down by 22fps!!! And this is on an I7 running 2x GTX 980 in SLI. WTF!!!

64-bit Fps: Min: 35, Max: 59, Avg: 48.535
32-bit Fps: Min: 40, Max: 85, Avg: 70.626

Last edited:
Here is an important post from Aris about v1.3:
So the imminent version 1.3 (and Dream Pack 2) brings a whole new bunch of improvements, features and novelties.
Here's some previews regarding the driving (I wanted to write "warnings" but it sounded a bit too harsh :p )

64bit - 32bit.
Nothing changes in terms of driving and physics between the two. 64bits though permits addressing bigger chunks of memory and can do stuff like saving bigger replays. I do not know if this is already enabled by Stefano, but if not, will be in the future. Certainly 64bit is the way forward, so start updating too...

Physics:
- New ABS system which now supports 1,2,3,4 channels. Cars should stop better now. (obviously realistic distances)
- Active differentials also at the rear wheel drive cars. I'm not talking EDLs supporting mecchanical diffs but actual active differentials. They can do some great tricks... try the M4, Ferrari 458, Ferrari LaFerrari for some amazing results.
- EDL differentials now active also at the front of AWD active systems. Yes we managed to eliminate some (not all) understeer from the Por... sorry RUF AWD. The Nissan GT-R pulls some amazing tricks too.
- Modified Front splitter height sensitivity for some cars will make some famous turns not so easy to do.
- Added wheel offset simulation in suspension so that you can simulate more easily and accurately the correct suspension scrub. Scrub value is also available in the dev app "suspensions"

V5 Tyre model:
Our tyre model evolves with each release and this is a big step forward! We now have completely reworked load sensitivity equations, new over the peak curve, different flat-spotting based also on load, modified and corrected rolling resistance equations, new heating values and simulation of both surface and core temperatures with speed (from air speed) sensible cool down and more. All of that in the core system

Because of all those changes in the core system, we have put a massive effort to completely rework all the tyres for all the cars. That's more than 130 files each of one with at least 2 compounds, usually 3, sometimes 5... the struggle was (is) real.

As such, the bad news is that some of the cars are still on the V4 tyre model (which is still compatible so your mods also are not broken). The good news is that there are just 7 cars that are still on the V4 model, namely:
Ferrari 312T, Lamborghini Miura SV, Lotus 49, Lotus 98T, Lotus EXOS 125 (and S1), Shelby Cobra 427.
As you can see, they are all either extreme single seaters or vintage tyres. We need some studying to do for them and couldn't make it in time. Expect an update soon™

All the other cars are on the brand new V5 tyre model!

What to expect in terms of driving?
Nothing and everything.
As usual we have a pretty decent idea on what a tyre should do and that hasn't changed, so we don't believe you'll feel something completely new. More of a global improvement of weak points of the old model. Nevertheless my advice is: Forget everything. Forget your laptimes, forget your setups, forget your FFB settings, actually set everything to 100% gain as we changed how the FFB handles for all cars too.
Just drive, from scratch, without any muscle memory.

A few notes.
- Heat your tyres slowly. It will need 1 to 2 laps to bring the tyres to proper temperature both surface and internally in the core. The surface will keep going up and down but the core will stabilise. Then start to push. Otherwise use the tyre blankets
- What was the core temperature on the apps is now surface. Don't go crazy on the surface temperature. It is VERY variable now. It will go up and down in terms of mere seconds! What you need is a proper temp range on turn in, apex, exit. Ignore what it does at high speed on the straights, that's how it works. (look at some F1 heat cameras videos on youtube to understand the effect).
- Cars are even more sensitive to setup now. One click at a time.
- Did you spun out? It happens. But be VERY careful when you rejoin. It really takes nothing to overheat the tyres while doing burnouts to get back on track. The next turn might be fatal! Take it easy for at least 2-3 turns to cool the tyres down.

And a mea culpa. The new heat tyre model is extremely complicated. We should have made a proper app or proper messages to warn you when the tyres are cold, overheated, good or bad condition. We didn't make it. We apologize, we will try to do it... err... soon™. Please be kind and have patience, it's complicated for us too and days have only 32 hours.

stefano-v1.3.jpg

• Deleted member 130869

Very disappointed in the update. The performance is really poor. I run a triple screen setup with 2x gtx980 in sli, 16GB ram and an I7 - 2600k at 4GHz on Windows 10 64-bit. If I scale shadows, and AA down then the performance gets even worse. If I gave a look at the version 1.2 fps average vs version 1.3, the performance is down by 22fps!!! And this is on an I7 running 2x GTX 980 in SLI. WTF!!!

64-bit Fps: Min: 35, Max: 59, Avg: 48.535
32-bit Fps: Min: 40, Max: 85, Avg: 70.626

Post on the official forum, something's off with the 64 bit then

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years