Apps Assetto Corsa rally timing framework - Patrick Brunner's co-driver mod 2.0

Today there's lots of amazing rally mods available (as can be found here), but to make Assetto Corsa truly immortal as a rally sim platform we need better timing and competitive options. After all, rallying is all about beating those stage times!

Now imagine a version 2.0 of Patrick Brunner's co-driver mod with the kind of timing features we take for granted in "native" rally sims. Patrick has reached the age of 75 and has retired from active programming but is willing to make his source code available under the MIT open license agreement, and to take an advisory role in further development. The main programme is built in C# (.NET/Visual Studio), with a small component written in Python.

As my own programming skills are futile we're looking for some people with the right skills to step up. If you are experienced in C# and Python, and willing to put some development time in this project (or know someone who does) PM me! Just to be clear, this is not in any way a commercial undertaking and resulting software should stay open source.

The idea is to split development in 3 phases:​
  1. Reliable and precise system for personal stagetimes, with splits and differential timing.
    Improvements might be made to the pacenote system.​
  2. Online stagetime leaderboards, with replays.
  3. Online system for organising multi-stage rallies.
While the first phase shouldn't be too complicated, steps 2 and 3 will be more substantial and require additional skills. How far we can go will depend on who's willing to join the project but also the amount of interest in the community.

Some ideas about features to be explored in the first development phase:​
  • reliable detection of start/finish line & car position (what exactly is required in a track mod?)​
  • save personal best times per car/track combo including replay​
  • split times and differential timing: choice of visual indicators or co-driver calls​
  • choice to run against another car best time​
  • perhaps unlikely, but if the game engine allows this:​
    • reset car to road/wheels (incurring time penalty)​
    • teleport car to the starting line to start a new run​
  • integration in content manager?​
  • improvements in pacenote recording: detection of jumps, junctions,...​
  • making pacenote editing more user-friendly​

Last edited:
Amazing initiative!

A proper start/finish line integration is essential for the leaderboard to be of any value, that's what's mainly lacking with the original co driver mod. Ideally it should use the same as the original map start/finish line. A CM leaderboard integration would also be ideal.

I really hope this takes off!

Today there's lots of amazing rally mods available (as can be found here), but to make Assetto Corsa truly immortal as a rally sim platform we need better timing and competitive options. After all, rallying is all about beating those stage times!

Now imagine a version 2.0 of Patrick Brunner's co-driver mod with the kind of timing features we take for granted in "native" rally sims. Patrick has reached the age of 75 and has retired from active programming but is willing to make his source code available under the MIT open license agreement, and to take an advisory role in further development. The main programme is built in C# (.NET/Visual Studio), with a small component written in Python.

As my own programming skills are futile we're looking for some people with the right skills to step up. If you are experienced in C# and Python, and willing to put some development time in this project (or know someone who does) PM me! Just to be clear, this is not in any way a commercial undertaking and resulting software should stay open source.

1. Reliable and precise system for personal stagetimes, with splits and differential timing.
While the first phase shouldn't be too complicated, steps 2 and 3 will be more substantial and require additional skills. How far we can go will depend on who's willing to join the project but also the amount of interest in the community.

• reliable detection of start/finish line & car position (what exactly is required in a track mod?)​
  • split times and differential timing: choice of visual indicators or co-driver calls​
  • making pacenote editing more user-friendy​

• making pacenote editing more user-friendly​
    Guys the link isn’t working on Patrick Brunners page. Please help!

Does anyone have any idea why my mod would suddenly stop speaking? The beep noises still work but no voice out of nowhere. I have the app volume at 5.

First, make sure that the codriver is woring correctly : the chronometer must run after the count down.

If OK, the beeps and the voice are send on distincts windows audio channels. It is possible that codriver audio channel is set to lever 0. Use the Windows volume mixer to adjust Codriver sound level.

First, make sure that the codriver is woring correctly : the chronometer must run after the count down.

If OK, the beeps and the voice are send on distincts windows audio channels. It is possible that codriver audio channel is set to lever 0. Use the Windows volume mixer to adjust Codriver sound level.
The solution you suggested about deleting the documents worked! Thank you! If you have an opportunity, I would like to run something by you if you can email me at demureg@gmail.com

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 91 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 65 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 14.0%