Resource icon

Apps Assetto corsa quick car data tuner v2.8a

Login or Register an account to download this content
krevett updated Assetto corsa quick car data tuner with a new update entry:

v1.9

V1.9: Using the quick tweak button will now update in-game UI with new torque/power value and edited curves (including drivetrain losses), drivetrain losses read from ui file/data file ratio when selecting a car, ability to edit weight.

This release seems quite stable now, so updates will become less frequent unless I get requests or bug report.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great work and great app however every update past 1.4 dosen't open correctly in excel for me. The app goes into a un moveable large window when it is opened. I cant see the top of the window or the bottom to even exit out of the quick tuner window without alt f4. Also, ive tried to mod engine torque and tire grip on v1.9 on a F1 2001 mod and it seems to break the mod. Not complaining though top work just hoping to get this figured out. Thanks bud!

Great work and great app however every update past 1.4 dosen't open correctly in excel for me. The app goes into a un moveable large window when it is opened. I cant see the top of the window or the bottom to even exit out of the quick tuner window without alt f4. Also, ive tried to mod engine torque and tire grip on v1.9 on a F1 2001 mod and it seems to break the mod. Not complaining though top work just hoping to get this figured out. Thanks bud!
Thanks for the report I think I know what's wrong (but can't tell why). I will remove the problematic part and upload a new file.
For the f1 2001 I need to take a look at the data files to see the problem! Could you just PM me the data folder from this mod?

Last edited:
@Gary Nicholson can you try this version and see if it solves your problem when opening the tool?
You need to change the extension to "xlsm" instead of "xlsx" (because otherwise I can't upload the file here). If the problem is solved I will update!

Edit: what is the resolution of your screen? I think the problem comes from a script that tries to adapt the userform size to the current screen resolution and it may be broken so I removed it in this test version.

Attachments

• Quick car data editor - Copie.xlsx
    143.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
@Gary Nicholson can you try this version and see if it solves your problem when opening the tool?
You need to change the extension to "xlsm" instead of "xlsx" (because otherwise I can't upload the file here). If the problem is solved I will update!

Edit: what is the resolution of your screen? I think the problem comes from a script that tries to adapt the userform size to the current screen resolution and it may be broken so I removed it in this test version.
Thanks for the prompt reply man my resolution is HD 1080p, 1920 x 1080* @ 60hz. This version still fills too much screen and the window cannot be moved up enough to press the quick tweak and check error buttons at that resolution. However bringing up resolution made me think to try another format and at 1060 x 1050 PC non HD the screen fill problem is fixed completely with this test version.

It doesn't work here.
I did everything as described in the PDF manual and the car data tuner itself doesn't show any errors, but when launching Assetto Corsa there is an error and the child car can't be found.

Thanks for the report I think I know what's wrong (but can't tell why). I will remove the problematic part and upload a new file.
For the f1 2001 I need to take a look at the data files to see the problem! Could you just PM me the data folder from this mod?
I've narrowed the issue down as far as the mods like this breaking and the problem seems to be in the percentage growth being exponentially too high for aero lift, drag, tire grip etc. The power.lut seems to work fine as well as the torque curve. I dont know if its a decimal placement problem as thats beyond my knowledge but for example a 1% aero lift increase will take a CL of 1 and turn it into something like CL 1083.97 which is obviously wayyy too high. As said it seems too happen with things like lift drag and tire grip. Still majorly impressed with your work and responsiveness keep it up great potential! Ive attatched a base data aero file and a tuned 1% increase CL lift file for the 2001 BAR F1 mod so you can see for yourself.

Attachments

• aero.ini
    6.8 KB · Views: 64
  • aero.ini
    3.9 KB · Views: 58
I've narrowed the issue down as far as the mods like this breaking and the problem seems to be in the percentage growth being exponentially too high for aero lift, drag, tire grip etc. The power.lut seems to work fine as well as the torque curve. I dont know if its a decimal placement problem as thats beyond my knowledge but for example a 1% aero lift increase will take a CL of 1 and turn it into something like CL 1083.97 which is obviously wayyy too high. As said it seems too happen with things like lift drag and tire grip. Still majorly impressed with your work and responsiveness keep it up great potential! Ive attatched a base data aero file and a tuned 1% increase CL lift file for the 2001 BAR F1 mod so you can see for yourself.
Thanks I'll take a look when I got a bit of free time perhaps I introduced a change in last version that broke the calculation it's strange I used it to build 16 cars for myself and didn't have this aero bug. If it's the case it'll be easy to fix.

For the resolution problem it's strange too as the tool is built at 1920x1080 and should not take the full screen...an Excel mystery again...i'll check again if I missed something.

It doesn't work here.
I did everything as described in the PDF manual and the car data tuner itself doesn't show any errors, but when launching Assetto Corsa there is an error and the child car can't be found.
Are you using Content manager or standard assetto corsa launcher? I can't speak for standard launcher as I can'tuse it to test (lock up because of too big content folder). I recommend to try with CM.
And perhaps this is related to the bug reported in the previous post (the fact that aero/tire calculation seems broken needs investigation)

Are you using Content manager or standard assetto corsa launcher? I can't speak for standard launcher as I can'tuse it to test (lock up because of too big content folder). I recommend to try with CM.
And perhaps this is related to the bug reported in the previous post (the fact that aero/tire calculation seems broken needs investigation)
Thank you.
I used the standard launcher, but I have the content manager, too.
I tried to modify the Lotus 49 mod so Assetto Corsa said error loading lotus-49_edit. Please view the log for more info.

@Gary Nicholson it's very strange passing your file on my system I get correct output (see the linked file with same tweak as yours, 1% more lift, the output is correctly formatted). I linked another file with a small tweak but I don't think it'll fix the problem (but you can try and tell me, as before rename to xlsm).

I think it's a locale problem. VBA can be very tricky sometimes with locale separators between US and FR systems (I'm from France!) and the problem might be during the conversion of text to numbers and vice-versa. I'll try to dig a bit and see what can be done (I tried to set my windows locale to US but still get the correct output :cautious: it's getting me crazy indeed!)

I don't have much time tonight (just getting back from work) but I'll try to sort out this issue. (It works for curves because I don't use decimal format so no separator problem here!)

Attachments

• aero-edited.ini
    3.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Quick car data editor.xlsx
    148.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
krevett updated Assetto corsa quick car data tuner with a new update entry:

This version MAY fix a bug with wrong formatting of data files for some users (not sure about this, probably has to do with system settings and different decimal separator from foreign countries creating wrong calculations sometime). Otherwise it's just minor improvement from 1.9, no major changes!

V1.10: Added quick edit for suspensions stiffness, approximate drag/lift forces calculations (only from default wing angle and selected speed, ignoring ground height), simple estimation of max...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey tried the previous version you sent on Sunday and this new v.10 and its the same issue unfortunately however with v.10 im getting an error message when trying to create a child car. it says the data file has an error or is corrupted in some way and wont let the child car be created. I made sure it wasn't a one off and checked multiple vehicles. v.9 still works fine minus the super weird issue we already discussed. Just making you aware bud take it easy!

Hey tried the previous version you sent on Sunday and this new v.10 and its the same issue unfortunately however with v.10 im getting an error message when trying to create a child car. it says the data file has an error or is corrupted in some way and wont let the child car be created. I made sure it wasn't a one off and checked multiple vehicles. v.9 still works fine minus the super weird issue we already discussed. Just making you aware bud take it easy!
Wow that's strange I'll double check tomorrow but the code for creating child car was untouched since it was first created (v1.4 or so) really something weird is happening here.
Unfortunately for the other error I'm still searching what's happening to be able to fix this (edit: I may have found a solution I'll post something for you to test tomorrow!)

BTW: for the child creation if you just use "decompress data" do you get the same error?

Last edited:
Wow that's strange I'll double check tomorrow but the code for creating child car was untouched since it was first created (v1.4 or so) really something weird is happening here.
Unfortunately for the other error I'm still searching what's happening to be able to fix this (edit: I may have found a solution I'll post something for you to test tomorrow!)

BTW: for the child creation if you just use "decompress data" do you get the same error?
Actually I explained that wrong its not when I try to create a child car that I get an error its when I try to select certain base mod cars (not child vehicles) in the drop down menu that I get an error message saying there is an error with car data etc. When I select kunos cars it seems to be fine just certain mods. Maybe its the way the data files are set for those mods? Not sure but everything as far as this issue doesn't happen with 1.9. Maybe I should just burn my system and start over haha

Actually I explained that wrong its not when I try to create a child car that I get an error its when I try to select certain base mod cars (not child vehicles) in the drop down menu that I get an error message saying there is an error with car data etc. When I select kunos cars it seems to be fine just certain mods. Maybe its the way the data files are set for those mods? Not sure but everything as far as this issue doesn't happen with 1.9. Maybe I should just burn my system and start over haha
Ok I understand. I had the same issue with a mod that had corrupted data files and also data.acd that was present in the folder. The errors pop up when the program see there's some uncompressed data but can't "read" it to display values. Are the data files from these mods formated as they should?
Note that the car could work in-game even with corrupted data if the data.acd file is also in the car folder!

@Gary Nicholson please could you try this one and sees if it fixes both your errors (don't forget to change the extension to xlsm)?

For the problem with 1.10 saying there's an error in car data I found what's happening it's because drag from wings (not accounting height) returns 0 for this car, so when estimating top speed I get a divide by 0 error! This one is fixed.
For the other error I tried to convert number from files with another function (finger crossed) and I hope it will fix the "quick tweak" problem you encounter with decimal numbers!

If you can give me feedback it would be greatly appreciated as some other people may have the same bug!

Attachments

• Quick car data editor.xlsx
    159.9 KB · Views: 69

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years