Resource icon

Apps Assetto corsa quick car data tuner v2.8a

Login or Register an account to download this content
krevett submitted a new resource:

Assetto corsa quick car data tuner - A very simple, non-advanced car data tweaker

A very simple tweaker for uncompressed car data in assetto corsa, built in Excel 2013.
Code is unprotected if you want to check there's nothing malicious in there!

It's just a simple tool done for my personnal enjoyment (I used this to recreate small perf differences for the super monaco GP skin pack found here https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/super-monaco-gp-season-pack.35767/).

The tool automatically backup edited files with current timestamp (but you should always...

Read more about this resource...

Currently looking into some small issues (if torque curve is not named "torque.lut" for example), as well as gearbox and handbrake quick editing (for now you can still edit raw data ;) )

First issue is sorted, looking for the best way to implement gear ratio and handbrake editing!
As I'm doing this during free time and have to go to work don't expect an update today (nor tomorrow as I'm going on a road trip before working at night...). Probably by friday!:

I have a question - is it possible using this app to fix cars that don't have proper auto shifting? For example 2019 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera by Chivas - it's a great car but automatic shifting doesn't work.

Last edited:
I have a question - is it possible using this app to fix cars that don't have proper auto shifting? For example 2019 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera by Chivas - it's a great car but automatic shifting doesn't work.
Probably but I don't have the car and I need to know what the problem is. I plan to add an option to select between manual and automatic gearbox as well as autoclutch

Hi! Idon´t know where to install the editor or how to get it working. Can anyone help out? Thx in advance!
Added for the next readme i just thought of that this morning!
Unzip all files into a new folder of your choice, open the excel workbook and accept to activate macros. All files must remainin the same folder!

Here's a link to that car:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/j370...uperleggera_-_Definitive_Edition_2.01.7z/file
If you could see what the problem is I'd appreciate it very much. Also many thanks for adding new features to your app.
OK, found the error, quite common, the auto_gearbox profile does not match the engine rev limiter so if using automatic gearbox you never shift up!

You can fix that yourself by decompressing car data and editing the line "UP=" under "[AUTO_SHIFTER]" in the file drivetrain.ini
Put a value under 7200 (thet is the rev limit for the car you linked).

Correcting this automatically seems quite simple so expect an auto-fix feature in next version (in fact it's done already but next version is not ready yet for a release!). Also looking into the handbrake request I got earlier.

OK, found the error, quite common, the auto_gearbox profile does not match the engine rev limiter so if using automatic gearbox you never shift up!

You can fix that yourself by decompressing car data and editing the line "UP=" under "[AUTO_SHIFTER]" in the file drivetrain.ini
Put a value under 7200 (thet is the rev limit for the car you linked).

Correcting this automatically seems quite simple so expect an auto-fix feature in next version (in fact it's done already but next version is not ready yet for a release!). Also looking into the handbrake request I got earlier.
Thank you very much for your explanation. It's great to hear that you'll add this auto-fix feature in next release.
And best of luck with development of this app. I have a feeling it will be very popular here.

For now gearbox ratio editing is locked as it's still bugged (it needs to edit more than the drivetrain.ini if the car has multiple selectable ratios, I'll try to get it working for next version).

@krevett,

Interesting and useful little excel app .. it works well however would it be possible to use Excel's graphing features to give feed back on some adjustments ?

For example when adjusting the engine performance sliders (low, mid, high rpm torque + curve shift) could you plot how the changes will look on a small X/Y graph against the original settings ?

I'm not an Excel expert so not sure if this can be done via macro's or vb code but it would be a very cool if it could be done and make this an even better AC car tuning solution.

I look forward to seeing how this project develops ...

Cheers
Jay

@krevett,

Interesting and useful little excel app .. it works well however would it be possible to use Excel's graphing features to give feed back on some adjustments ?

For example when adjusting the engine performance sliders (low, mid, high rpm torque + curve shift) could you plot how the changes will look on a small X/Y graph against the original settings ?

I'm not an Excel expert so not sure if this can be done via macro's or vb code but it would be a very cool if it could be done and make this an even better AC car tuning solution.

I look forward to seeing how this project develops ...

Cheers
Jay
It's a bit dofficult to do but not impossible. Need to work with files as importing a graph in a userform needs to convert it to a picture.

I'll see what I can do if possible but it may take a while to implement.

Edit: Extracting data to a worksheet is rather simple but displaying a graph in userform is harder. To start I'll probably do it "outside" the editor in a separate worksheet. Because the way AC data is stored you also need to account for turbo pressure, gamma factor and drivetrain losses to get a good curve, so doing it in a worksheet is much much easier for calculations.

I take the request seriously because it was in my to do list already (I have a very very old sheet when I started touching vba done for rFacor 1 but it was just used to display engine and tires graphs, car suspensions geometry, aero effects from speed, etc...there was too much data and it ended as a never finished thing in always beta state...anyway I may re-use some parts of it but my knoledge about AC data is much lighter than rFactor so I won't be able to draw as much things!)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing