PS4 Assetto Corsa PS4 Patch Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC PS4 Update.jpg

Assetto Corsa on PlayStation 4 has been updated to version 1.03 by Kunos Simulazioni, and the new update include two bonus pieces of free content - the fictional Black Cat County race track and the Levante S, the new high specification SUV from Maserati.

With many issues being reported by PlayStation 4 players of Assetto Corsa since the titles console launch, Kunos Simulazioni have been hard at work producing fixes and enhancements to the game, in order bring the title up to the level expected by console gamers. With patch 1.03 now released, Kunos have looked to address several key areas of concern with the title, most importantly of all the screen tearing and framerate issues are now claimed to be resolved.

With a move to console very much uncharted territory for Kunos, it must be noted that the studio have worked extremely hard at rectifying a disappointing initial launch, and credit where it is due, the Kunos seem to be well on their way to restoring buyer confidence with the recent updates to the sim.

Alongside the new patch, a couple of interesting pieces of new content have been added at no additional charge to owners of the game, namely the rather scenic Black Cat County track and the Maserati Levante S 4WD SUV. Black Cat County is a road course set amongst some dramatic off track scenery, and the Levante S is a first attempt by Italian supercar manufacturer Maserati at producing an all wheel drive SUV. Despite what you may initially assume with the Levante, it is actually a pretty entertaining driving experience!

The full PlayStation 4 Assetto Corsa Update 1.03 Change Log is viewable below:

Graphics

• Framerate is now smoother.
  • Screen tearing issues have now been resolved.
Quick Races
  • Players will now be able to select their starting position in the race options screen.
Controls
  • Gamepad algorithms have been improved, resulting in better handling.
  • On launching Assetto Corsa, the game will now recognize the device you are using, when selecting the ‘X’ button in the start screen.
  • A 'Reset to Default' option has now been added that resets the gamepad settings to recommended values.
  • Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH8 shifter functionality has been improved.
  • A new option has been added which allows the player to set the visual steering lock to a degree of their choice.
AI Opponents
  • 2 additional difficulty levels have been added – 'Very Easy' and 'Very Hard'.
  • AI strengths have been re-balanced, in response to community feedback.
  • Algorithms have been improved.
Free Bonus Content
  • The Black Cat County track is now available as part of Update v 1.03: Get ready to enjoy its three different configurations: Long, Short and Intermediate!
  • This fictional scenery comes with a bonus FREE car model, the Maserati Levante S, the first Maserati SUV! This is a great chance to enjoy the advanced physics level of the simulation with a different kind of vehicle.
  • The latest update introduces a new technical partnership with SPARCO, an Italian company that designs, produces and sells motorsport safety equipment, seats and more. Some exciting opportunities to come in the future! In the meantime you can enjoy the all-new dedicated suits and gloves featured in the latest update of Assetto Corsa.

Xbox One Patch Update

Stay tuned! As soon as we have more info to share on the launch of the Xbox One patch, we will let you guys know. Please be patient with us and we will update you soon!

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the news and discussions across all three platforms for the game. Download one of the awesome mods we have on offer, join in the community chat or, even better, take part in one of our epic club and league racing events!

Do you play Assetto Corsa on PS4? Has the patch improved things for you? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
At the end of the article @Paul Jeffrey said sth about enjoying dedicated suits and gloves. ...while at pc platform almost all suits are still white? Will this be updated too for us pc users? And for god sakes @kunos PLEASE do NOT dare to have renamed the suits files all over again :O_o:
Awaiting anxiously....:whistling::whistling::whistling:

why do you always make it about me? Is it in the heart of a true fan to do so?
Yeah i am a fan. Im a fan of all the bests sims we have today. You seem to hang around just to bad mouth products. What gives? You surely have a problem. What is it? You spent a couple of bucks and didnt like it so now you are on a childish crusade to smear it for all eternity? You are sent by a developer (most likely an arcade racer since i don't really think that about sim dev's)? Or maybe you're just a sad person who enjoys being negative and find joy in childish trolling? Either way its a strange behavior in a community like this. In and around kiddie games you expect it but not here.

I remember when the sim community (any sim) was mature and respectable. Its just strange to see someone in a racing community smear products every time there is news about it. And i dont like to be hostile, but yes i am using this product which has sold very well because people enjoy it. Your little bad mouthing campaign will not make a sim disappear so i should probably not even give you the attention. Last comment from me to you. Keep going on your negative mission and enjoy...

On topic: Black Cat County is a fun track to race or chase times on, and dont knock the car because with the pure driving feeling AC gives its a fun car to throw around. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back