Assetto Corsa Press Event (Live Blog)

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Assetto Corsa Press Event 005.jpg

RaceDepartment is present today in Bella Italia to witness the Assetto Corsa press event. With a live blog we'll do our best to inform our readers what's going on at the Vallelunga Circuit, where the top gaming magazines and websites are attending.

For RaceDepartment @Marco Bijl and @Ole Marius Myrvold are visiting the headquarters of Kunos Simulazioni and will return loaded with stunning photographs, (on board) footage of exclusive racing cars and of course the latest about the game it self.

Timeline:

16:40 CEST: Live blog closed for now. Time to get into the real racing cars, strap that GoPro camera where it should be and do some recording for our YouTube audience. After the racing its time for a (goatee?) party at the circuit!

16:32 CEST: Toyota GT86 confirmed for the game.

16:31 CEST: Pit Stops will be multiplayer only so far.

16:30 CEST: There will be a completely new sound engine, for exterior sounds especially. To include a lot more of the sounds that Assetto Corsa lacks at the moment.

16:05 CEST: Spotted in the on site Assetto Corsa Beta Build and on the racing circuit, the mighty Toyota GT86. Click here for the image.

15:50 CEST: Facepalm of the Day. Going out on track to drive the McLaren MP4-12C and then you set the engine on fire! Click here for the images. It wasn't us we swear :)

15:23 CEST: We are making (on board) video footage at the event as well. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to not miss out when the videos are released.

15:00 CEST: Kunos are weighing between two different career modes. 1) A more forced. That you have to score a certain amount of points to progress. 2) Or another that's more free. So you can choose between events to progress. With the second way they can include long races and drifting more easily.

14:56 CEST: Confirmed: "The LaFerrari is using KERS as Traction Control. When the car notices wheelspin. The KERS will brake to reduce wheelspin. And by doing that. It will also recharge when doing that. That's working ingame!"

14:54 CEST: Stefano Casillo starts his lecture about "Simulation" and why its different in Assetto Corsa. Click here for the images

14:38 CEST: Drooling over the Ferrari. Can we take her for a spin today?

14:26 CEST: Official Oculus Rift support confirmed

14:21 CEST: Flatspotting is coming!

14:16 CEST: Press conference is starting....in Italian :) Noi parliamo italiano Kunos! click here for the images

14:12 CEST: The Nissan GTR will come to Assetto Corsa in two versions. A free for all Nissan GTR Road Car and a paid Nissan GTR Race Car as DLC.

14:07 CEST: Confirmed on paper, the new Nissan GT-R, now laserscanned in the game in real life on the track. click here for the images

13:55 CEST: How the simulator developed over time.

13:30 CEST: First pictures are in!

For more on Assetto Corsa make sure to visit the forums, up- and download your favorite mods and share your videos and photos with the rest of the community.

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Press Event 001.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 001.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,717
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 002.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 002.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,051
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 003.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 003.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,649
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 004.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 004.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,025
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 006.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 006.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,669
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 007.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 007.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,636
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 008.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 008.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,630
Last edited:
"With the second way they can include long races and drifting more easily."
Any word on when and how they plan to add pit stops?
I heard they said it will be after 1.0 but would like to know more of their plans in this aspect.

Some good news from Kunos, I like what's going on with the tires and I like the no grinding (I love me some forza 5, but damn I got to grind a lot to get to play the cars I really want...).

What is grinding?

What does that mean?

Grinding! contrary to what Miley Cyrus interpretation is! Oh! BTW it has been around for quite some time! also known as freak dancing or freaking, back in my days in the Caribbean it was called “wining”
But in gaming it is more like the real definition “Grinding is an abrasive machining process that uses a grinding wheel as the cutting tool” slowly cutting down the surface to eventually reach your finished product. In gaming you have to keep repeating something until you get enough points to advance to your next goal! Further explanations in the posts above.

Facepalm of the Day. Finally allowed to drive the real car and then you set the engine on fire #OMG. (Of course not our tame racing drivers of RD :whistling:).

Assetto Corsa Press Event 020.jpg
Assetto Corsa Press Event 021.jpg
Assetto Corsa Press Event 022.jpg
Assetto Corsa Press Event 023.jpg

Hopefully after they've pulled the enormous grins back from stretching ear to ear these journalists will act like journalists and get some news on when all this announced stuff is likely to appear .

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%