Assetto Corsa Press Event (Live Blog)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Assetto Corsa Press Event 005.jpg

RaceDepartment is present today in Bella Italia to witness the Assetto Corsa press event. With a live blog we'll do our best to inform our readers what's going on at the Vallelunga Circuit, where the top gaming magazines and websites are attending.

For RaceDepartment @Marco Bijl and @Ole Marius Myrvold are visiting the headquarters of Kunos Simulazioni and will return loaded with stunning photographs, (on board) footage of exclusive racing cars and of course the latest about the game it self.

Timeline:

16:40 CEST: Live blog closed for now. Time to get into the real racing cars, strap that GoPro camera where it should be and do some recording for our YouTube audience. After the racing its time for a (goatee?) party at the circuit!

16:32 CEST: Toyota GT86 confirmed for the game.

16:31 CEST: Pit Stops will be multiplayer only so far.

16:30 CEST: There will be a completely new sound engine, for exterior sounds especially. To include a lot more of the sounds that Assetto Corsa lacks at the moment.

16:05 CEST: Spotted in the on site Assetto Corsa Beta Build and on the racing circuit, the mighty Toyota GT86. Click here for the image.

15:50 CEST: Facepalm of the Day. Going out on track to drive the McLaren MP4-12C and then you set the engine on fire! Click here for the images. It wasn't us we swear :)

15:23 CEST: We are making (on board) video footage at the event as well. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to not miss out when the videos are released.

15:00 CEST: Kunos are weighing between two different career modes. 1) A more forced. That you have to score a certain amount of points to progress. 2) Or another that's more free. So you can choose between events to progress. With the second way they can include long races and drifting more easily.

14:56 CEST: Confirmed: "The LaFerrari is using KERS as Traction Control. When the car notices wheelspin. The KERS will brake to reduce wheelspin. And by doing that. It will also recharge when doing that. That's working ingame!"

14:54 CEST: Stefano Casillo starts his lecture about "Simulation" and why its different in Assetto Corsa. Click here for the images

14:38 CEST: Drooling over the Ferrari. Can we take her for a spin today?

14:26 CEST: Official Oculus Rift support confirmed

14:21 CEST: Flatspotting is coming!

14:16 CEST: Press conference is starting....in Italian :) Noi parliamo italiano Kunos! click here for the images

14:12 CEST: The Nissan GTR will come to Assetto Corsa in two versions. A free for all Nissan GTR Road Car and a paid Nissan GTR Race Car as DLC.

14:07 CEST: Confirmed on paper, the new Nissan GT-R, now laserscanned in the game in real life on the track. click here for the images

13:55 CEST: How the simulator developed over time.

13:30 CEST: First pictures are in!

For more on Assetto Corsa make sure to visit the forums, up- and download your favorite mods and share your videos and photos with the rest of the community.

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Press Event 001.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 001.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,720
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 002.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 002.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 2,054
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 003.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 003.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,651
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 004.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 004.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,028
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 006.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 006.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,672
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 007.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 007.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,640
  • Assetto Corsa Press Event 008.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Press Event 008.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,633
Last edited:
Pitstops are developed yet. Not sure if its the final product we will see in game though. There some plus sides, and some down sides to the current system as I am told. I am sorry i do not have details, as they where not released.
I did hear some rumors about the animations. Obviously I did not see them, so I can not confirm if the above is what I have heard off.

its a done thing in the real world too,to invite people for treats and other gifts ,to keep them in the pocket and shut them up

The 'gift' for me. Included, not being able to drive any cars due to only having a competition license. Not a driving license (hello Mr.Verstappen jr).
I've also used somewhere between 450-550EUR to travel, not including lost income due to not working. So no. No-one have given me anything to keep my mouth shut (or the keyboard away so to speak).

I did it because I could. It is fun, and it helps RD in many ways. Would do it again, without hesitation :)

Could they have bought the Shelby Cobra license and paid to use the currently released WIP mod? I know ISI has done that with the NSX and the C6 Corvette from rF1. Great to see the 458 GT2 and the SLS GT3!

Great to know they want to reinvest their revenues to get more licenses :)

The 'gift' for me. Included, not being able to drive any cars due to only having a competition license. Not a driving license (hello Mr.Verstappen jr).
I've also used somewhere between 450-550EUR to travel, not including lost income due to not working. So no. No-one have given me anything to keep my mouth shut (or the keyboard away so to speak).

I did it because I could. It is fun, and it helps RD in many ways. Would do it again, without hesitation :)

Ouch.
Sorry you didn't get to drive any of those cars, real bummer. :(
I hope they took you around in them anyway. :)

Pay no attention to the silly man. I for one (and I suspect the vast majority of everyone else) really enjoyed the coverage and pictures and were glad you were there to bring us those. Looking forward to the write ups and more pics and vids!

@Chris Stacey
Are you up for another race in the 211?:)

Translation needed . . . please! Pleeeeeeeeeaaasse . . .

Q:You mentioned new modes and the career mode. When will they come?

A:The career mode will be available in the Release Candidate that will come soon and it will give the possibility to start a series of events obviously starting from less performing cars and arriving to more interesting championships. Regarding new game modes, we're looking forward to release new content like more events, more complex career, more game features, (all developed after 1.0, like using the pitstops not only for multiplayer but for single-player mode too), free and DLC, for the next years too. The career mode has a granturismo-like approach to help casual gamers and to make it more interesting offering different choice schemes.

Q:What can you say about AC's future? Will we get some improvements to the damage model?

A:The next update that will come soon includes the full damage management(both visual and mechanic), they won't affect only engine, suspensions, gearbox(if you watch closely in the video you can also see a flatspot warning) and they won't depend only from the collisions or driving style but they will mostly be influenced by what the driver does(that's really what he said, it seems the same to me too). This means that for example you'll get a puncture if you are too aggressive on the curbs on a road car that is not designed to have that approach.

I didn't traslate the first and last question(AC is an indipendent product, what's challenging about this approach?) because it's general stuff

Last edited:
Q:You mentioned new modes and the career mode. When will they come?

A:The career mode will be available in the Release Candidate that will come soon and it will give the possibility to start a series of events obviously starting from less performing cars and arriving to more interesting championships. Regarding new game modes, we're looking forward to release new content like more events, more complex career, more game features, (all developed after 1.0, like using the pitstops not only for multiplayer but for single-player mode too), free and DLC, for the next years too. The career mode has a granturismo-like approach to help casual gamers and to make it more interesting offering different choice schemes.

Q:What can you say about AC's future? Will we get some improvements to the damage model?

A:The next update that will come soon includes the full damage management(both visual and mechanic), they won't affect only engine, suspensions, gearbox(if you watch closely in the video you can also see a flatspot warning) and they won't depend only from the collisions or driving style but they will mostly be influenced by what the driver does(that's really what he said, it seems the same to me too). This means that for example you'll get a puncture if you are too aggressive on the curbs on a road car that is not designed to have that approach.

I didn't traslate the first and last question(AC is an indipendent product, what's challenging about this approach?) because it's general stuff
Thank you! There is a complete translation up on the official AC forums now too.

Confirmed case of sarcasm spotted .

How was is it in DK2 if your allowed to say please say it all and then some :)

Well, to be honest, the DK2 and the game as to be dissociated. The DK2 is a great product to come, but the resolution as to be better, as for the moment, the size of the pixel is giving some head-heck. The game is capable of lot of great stuff, and the implementation I saw is an early implementation, but really promising ! All my support to the team of Kunos, as after seeing them at work, and seeing the team, I can say that All the stuff they already did, is a huge achievement for a team of this size. It's not a studio with 40 or 50 guys, it's a small company, as we are at rSeat Europe, and it's great to be part of this journey with them, as small companies are the best :)

Yup. It was one day :)

Yes, we uninstall all late on our side ^^

I am back in the Netherlands again. Almost home, and then i can take a look at the other pictures, and read back my notes i made.
It was a nice experience. The game is so accurate, its almost scary ;-)

Full report will follow soon!

Back in France for us this day, eyes full of stars ^^

I have been driven around by a professional in that red and white Lotus...
Man, that car is awesome if driven by someone who knows how. I do not have video of it, just audio unfortunately. Have to see if I can clean it up a bit, and post it.

We choose for rSeat Europe to drive the GTR and be a passager on the 458. OMG the GTR is so a huge car to drive, so stable, so powerfull ! just in a word : GOD !

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years