RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

Assetto Corsa Press Event (Live Blog)

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Kunos' head honcho Stefano Casillo lectures the audience about "Simulation" and why its different in Assetto Corsa.
Assetto Corsa Press Event 018.jpg
Assetto Corsa Press Event 019.jpg

"With the second way they can include long races and drifting more easily."
Any word on when and how they plan to add pit stops?
I heard they said it will be after 1.0 but would like to know more of their plans in this aspect.

Some good news from Kunos, I like what's going on with the tires and I like the no grinding (I love me some forza 5, but damn I got to grind a lot to get to play the cars I really want...).

eSEA One

ESEAone
What is grinding?

What does that mean?

Grinding! contrary to what Miley Cyrus interpretation is! Oh! BTW it has been around for quite some time! also known as freak dancing or freaking, back in my days in the Caribbean it was called “wining”
But in gaming it is more like the real definition “Grinding is an abrasive machining process that uses a grinding wheel as the cutting tool” slowly cutting down the surface to eventually reach your finished product. In gaming you have to keep repeating something until you get enough points to advance to your next goal! Further explanations in the posts above.

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Facepalm of the Day. Finally allowed to drive the real car and then you set the engine on fire #OMG. (Of course not our tame racing drivers of RD :whistling:).

Assetto Corsa Press Event 020.jpg
Assetto Corsa Press Event 021.jpg
Assetto Corsa Press Event 022.jpg
Assetto Corsa Press Event 023.jpg

I thought it was supposed to be Ferraris that caught fire randomly. Speaking of simulation, will AC simulate Ferrari engine fires? :roflmao:
ferrari-458-italia-fire-recall.jpg

Hopefully after they've pulled the enormous grins back from stretching ear to ear these journalists will act like journalists and get some news on when all this announced stuff is likely to appear .