• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

Assetto Corsa Press Event (Live Blog)

giskard

1RPM
Aug 14, 2014
"With the second way they can include long races and drifting more easily."
Any word on when and how they plan to add pit stops?
I heard they said it will be after 1.0 but would like to know more of their plans in this aspect.

Tr3voRR

500RPM
May 10, 2013
Some good news from Kunos, I like what's going on with the tires and I like the no grinding (I love me some forza 5, but damn I got to grind a lot to get to play the cars I really want...).

poet

250RPM
Feb 23, 2013
What is grinding?
Where you do low level repetitive tasks over and over to try earn points or experience to progress in the game.
Like in World of Warcraft, where to get money to buy weapons you often had to spend a lot of time mining game "gold".
Grinding in a racing game could mean doing lots of low level races to earn a seat in a better competition.

eSEA One

ESEAone
Premium
Jan 24, 2014
What is grinding?
What does that mean?
Grinding! contrary to what Miley Cyrus interpretation is! Oh! BTW it has been around for quite some time! also known as freak dancing or freaking, back in my days in the Caribbean it was called “wining”
But in gaming it is more like the real definition “Grinding is an abrasive machining process that uses a grinding wheel as the cutting tool” slowly cutting down the surface to eventually reach your finished product. In gaming you have to keep repeating something until you get enough points to advance to your next goal! Further explanations in the posts above.

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff member
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
Facepalm of the Day. Finally allowed to drive the real car and then you set the engine on fire #OMG. (Of course not our tame racing drivers of RD :whistling:).

Assetto Corsa Press Event 020.jpg
Assetto Corsa Press Event 021.jpg
Assetto Corsa Press Event 022.jpg
Assetto Corsa Press Event 023.jpg

Bakkster

250RPM
Jan 18, 2013
I thought it was supposed to be Ferraris that caught fire randomly. Speaking of simulation, will AC simulate Ferrari engine fires? :roflmao:

1Karl1

10RPM
Nov 21, 2013
Hopefully after they've pulled the enormous grins back from stretching ear to ear these journalists will act like journalists and get some news on when all this announced stuff is likely to appear .

Follow RaceDepartment